Disney Walk 2012:
    Press release
    Official website

TDL Disney's Easter Wonderland
    - The Disney's Easter Wonderland Parade is back
    - Egg Hunt in Tokyo Disneyland
    - Disney Drawing Class

TDS Mickey and Duffy's Spring Voyage
    - "Lido Isle Welcome to Spring" show (Lido Isle)
    - "Easter in New York" show (Waterfront Park)
    - "Springtime Surprise" show (Arabian Coast Courtyard)

You may also want to see DuffyDaisuki's thread:
    http://micechat.com/forums/duffy-dis...30-2012-a.html
    Last edited by iluvHKDL; 01-28-2012 at 02:13 AM.

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: TDS: "Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage" and "Disney Walk"

Thanks for the links.

Easter Wonderland at TDL looks about the same as in past years.

TDS Mickey and Duffy event looks interesting. I'm not a big Duffy fan, but I'm looking forward to seeing something new in place of Spring Carnival.

The walk through the park event also looks interesting. They are giving Guests a chance to have a morning walk in the park prior to opening. I would normally be there for this event, but I'll be visiting a few weeks after it takes place. Bummer

• Surfin the net with Duffy

This will be the third year for Easter Wonderland. I wonder if it will be the last.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    This will be the third year for Easter Wonderland. I wonder if it will be the last.
    I'm guessing it will be the last year. It really is a wonderful presentation so a third year doesn't surprise me.

Also, this was TDLs first significant offering for Easter. Since it probably wasn't a slam dunk that Easter would be hugely embraced by the Japanese, my guess is that the plan was to not rush into planning follow on Easter celebrations.

Before Disney brought Easter Wonderland to TDL, I think most Japanese knew very little of Easter. They still don't have the slightest idea that it is a Christian holiday. (^_-)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

We've been talking about Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage in the Duffy forum. Looks like it's going to be pretty cool!

http://micechat.com/forums/duffy-dis...30-2012-a.html

• Resident of the Caldera

OLC doesn't give up easily when it comes to introducing new holidays. The first small Halloween event at Tokyo Disneyland was in 1997. It took four years until it really began to take off and they started putting more money into it. They may continue to try with Easter Wonderland for another few years (though will likely skip the 30th anniversary year).
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Also they seem to be incorporating Easter into the new Spring event at TDS. Easter Wonderland has been my favorite seasonal parade.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Could someone give a brief overview of Disney Walk 2012? I tried Google Translate, but that just made things even more confusing!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

OLC Press Release

Tokyo DisneySea Special Program (Disney Walk 2012) Event Information

A special program (Disney Walk 2012) will be held on April 12th and 13th 2012 at Tokyo DisneySea where for the first time ever you can enjoy a morning walk in an empty park prior to opening.

In the fresh spring air, participating Guests who sign up will be able to wander Tokyo DisneySea and enjoy the morning serenity. Disney Walk 2012 is an approximately 2 hour walking course program prepared to take you through 4 themed ports, Mediterranean Harbor, Mysterious Island, Port Discovery and American Waterfront.

Starting out overlooking Mediterranean Harbor at Piazza Topolino, 1000 Guests will be able to wander and take pictures of scenery from around the world and all the beautifully colored flowers, aiming for a finish at the Broadway Music Theater.

Along the way, the course will pass through Journey to the Center of the Earth and Tower of Terror prior to their opening where you will walk through the underground passages of an active volcano, the scary passages of a hotel that has been closed for many years and also gaze at the other scenery Tokyo DisneySea has to offer.

During Disney Walk 2012, as you confidently walk with a special walking map in hand, you will enjoy a fresh new way of experiencing Tokyo DisneySea on the way to the finish.

Participation is for those who enjoy walking, want to start walking, or just want to get some exercise. Wouldn't you like to experience Tokyo DisneySea overflowing with renewal of spring?

Due to the early morning start and so that one can enjoy the entire experience, a hotel package is available that includes a stay at the Mira Costa Hotel on the night prior to the event, FastPasses, show tickets and special dining meals.
    (Translation by Roger55)
    There are other details such as when and where to register, cost and hotel package information. If you have any questions about that I'll try to provide answers.
    Last edited by Roger55; 01-31-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Misc typos and spelling

• Resident of the Caldera

Thanks for the translation!
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Thanks for the translation, Roger55! This looks most intriguing. The only thing I can think of that this compares to in the US is the Disney Marathons. Although this is just a lovely stroll for us normal non-marathon running folks. Do you think they'll have special merchandise? Hopefully someone will go and take some pictures!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

The press release says that all attractions, shops and restaurants will be closed during the walk. Does't say if there will be any merchandise for sale.

Also says that there is no waiting for shows or getting FastPasses during the walk. I guess if they don't say it, someone would probably use the early entry opportunity to try to get over on Guests entering at regular opening.