Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

30th Anniversary

Next year, Tokyo Disneyland Resort will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the opening of Tokyo Disneyland Park, the first Disney theme park to be built outside of the United States. This milestone celebration, under the title “TokyoDisney Resort 30th Anniversary „The Happiness Year,‟” will take place at the DisneyParks and hotels for 340 days starting on April 15, 2013 and offer a new parade, a renewedattraction, seasonal special events and more for the greatest happiness-filled year ever.

http://www.olc.co.jp/wpmu/wp-content...120426_04e.pdf
    Last edited by Malin; 04-26-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Re: 30th Anniversary

Oooh, looks like fun. Scratch that. It looks Happy! I must say, the US could learn a little from the Happiness of Japan. We need just a little more kawaii!

Thanks for the update Malin!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

thanks for posting!!!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Resident of the Caldera

Great--thanks for the post!

Might as well reproduce the entire press release:

URAYASU, CHIBA—Next year, Tokyo Disneyland Resort® will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the opening of Tokyo Disneyland® Park, the first Disney theme park to be built outside of the United States. This milestone celebration, under the title "Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary „The Happiness Year,‟" will take place at the Disney Parks and hotels for 340 days starting on April 15, 2013 and offer a new parade, a renewed attraction, seasonal special events and more for the greatest happiness-filled year ever.

Tokyo Disneyland, the Kingdom of Dreams and Magic, opened on April 15, 1983 and expanded from a single theme park into a resort "where dreams true." Covering about 200 hectares (494 acres) in the Maihama area, the Resort includes
    Tokyo DisneySea® Park, three Disney hotels and various other facilities. Over the past 30 years, Tokyo Disney Resort has created a myriad of happy experiences every day for guests. And with "happiness" as the theme for the 30th anniversary, the Resort will offer new experiences filled with discoveries, surprises and wonders for the biggest "happiness" sensations ever to be shared by families, friends and the Disney friends throughout this celebration period.

During the anniversary year, colorful balloons filled with "happiness" will be the visual theme at the two Parks and guests will find many happy experiences waiting for them there. At Tokyo Disneyland, a new daytime parade will premiere on April 15 to kick off the anniversary. The first new parade in five years, "Happiness Is Here" will feature Mickey Mouse and lots of other Disney characters on colorful floats themed to the characters. The 500-meter-long parade, accompanied by cheerful and lively music, is sure to bring happy smiles to guests’ faces.

The Tokyo Disneyland attraction
    Star Tours is undergoing a complete renewal and will reopen as Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (scheduled to open in spring 2013).

With new features including 3-D visuals and over 50 variations in the attraction story, the attraction will give guests a totally new space travel experience.

The two Parks will also present special events for summer, Halloween and Christmas that are filled with seasonal ambience and the special "happiness" of the 30th anniversary year for guests to enjoy. The Disney hotels will celebrate the 30th anniversary as well, offering various programs that are sure to give guests a happy experience whenever and wherever they visit.
    Last edited by Fukai; 04-26-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Added Press Release
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

And here's the art:

• Adventures with Duffy

Looks like a lot of fun. They always do it up right

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Just another Disney fan..

Just an opinion....

I don't care for artwork or merchandise that depicts the characters in their rubber head in-park appearance. I'd much rather see this artwork with them drawn traditionally.

Thoughts?

Little to much gold and red for me, reminds me of chinese new year costumes.

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Couldn't agree more, Roger.

I know we are a year away, but I really hope they dust off the big castle stage for a nice spectacular!

• Munchings & Crunchings

I have to say that the artwork, costumes, and logo remind me very much of something Disneyland Resort Paris would do. It looks kind of "Euro". Not that that's a bad thing, it's just different from the past events that TDR has done, at least in m opinion. Also, I kind of agree with you, Roger, that I'm not as crazy about the rubberheads being used in the artwork like this. Especially when, in this case, it's a hybrid style. Donald looks a little...off here. I do admit to liking the ways that TDR uses the rubberheads, especially releasing figurines with them in the special event costumes, but I would like to see them drawn traditionally too, like they just did with Mickey & Duffy's Spring Voyage.

• Banned User

I really hate the slogan used "The Happiness Year". Still at least we'll get a nice new Parade. But will likely be stuck with One Man's Dream II and Minnie Oh Minnie for another 5 years.

Interesting to note that OLC execs recently visted Disneyland Paris. While the execs did take a look at Dreams. The purpose of the trip was to view the Parade. This information was given by Steve Davison.
    Last edited by Malin; 04-28-2012 at 06:26 AM.

The original press release that contained the artwork noted that it was "preliminary," we may see changes.

Regarding Donald's appearance, while he is "off model" comparted to the current versions of the park characters, his appearance in this art resembles the older version of the character/head from the parks.

"The Happiness Year" tag line is meant to lift the spirits of the Japanese people, who still have a lot to worry about.

• Banned User

"The Happiness Year" tag line is meant to lift the spirits of the Japanese people, who still have a lot to worry about.
    Still don't like it. Doesn't roll of the touge quite like say the Happiest Year. Might be a translation issue between between the Japanese and English pronunciation of the word.

Regarding Donald's appearance, while he is "off model" comparted to the current versions of the park characters, his appearance in this art resembles the older version of the character/head from the parks.
    Hmm it looks to be the same head to whats currently used inside the park. But maybe I'm wrong.

Name:  P5160069.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  39.3 KB

• Sawasdee! สวัสดี! :)

The name sounds too plain for me.
    Last edited by switttdrfan; 05-02-2012 at 02:58 AM.
    Sorry for grammar mistakes! I'm not really good in English!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast