Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• TDR and Japan fan

Re: Pinch me! I actually tgoing to Japan & Tokyo Disney. Carmen's Trip Report - May 2

Great trip report! I enjoyed your pictures a lot!
    Trips:
    DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
    WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
    DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
    TDL: July 2008, July 2010
    HKDL: wishing it will be soon

• World Traveler

Re: Pinch me! I actually tgoing to Japan & Tokyo Disney. Carmen's Trip Report - May 2

Amazing TR and photos! Thanks for sharing.

Awesome trip report. Really enjoyed the different restroom pictures.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

LOVE your trip report! The photos are fabulous and fun.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

I have an important question that still remains un answered! What time is best for light/no crowds? I really want to go with my mum and we both want the quietest time possible

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerJoe View Post
    I have an important question that still remains un answered! What time is best for light/no crowds? I really want to go with my mum and we both want the quietest time possible
    Best time for light or no crowds is starting one week or so after the New Year.

There is a very good reason why this time period is the slowest for TDR. Tokyo is very cold, wet, and maybe even snowy during this time. Tokyo Disney will do a lot of their ride refurbishments during this period. There are no seasonal special events going on during this period which means no special parades, shows, merchandise or foods.

If this is what you are wishing for, January is the time for you. I personally would not want to make a trip all the way to Japan during this time period. Not only will TDR be cold and miserable, but the rest of Japan will also be in winter slow down mode.

I suggest you do you and your mum a favor and pick a time like spring or fall where the weather is nicer and you can experience something like the Easter celebrations or the Halloween celebrations. It isn the quietest time possible but you can still find a time period where the crowds will not be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    Best time for light or no crowds is starting one week or so after the New Year.

There is a very good reason why this time period is the slowest for TDR. Tokyo is very cold, wet, and maybe even snowy during this time. Tokyo Disney will do a lot of their ride refurbishments during this period. There are no seasonal special events going on during this period which means no special parades, shows, merchandise or foods.

If this is what you are wishing for, January is the time for you. I personally would not want to make a trip all the way to Japan during this time period. Not only will TDR be cold and miserable, but the rest of Japan will also be in winter slow down mode.

I suggest you do you and your mum a favor and pick a time like spring or fall where the weather is nicer and you can experience something like the Easter celebrations or the Halloween celebrations. It isn the quietest time possible but you can still find a time period where the crowds will not be that bad.
    Okay that sounds fair but do you know when the school holidays for them would be? or would that not make a difference?

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerJoe View Post
    Okay that sounds fair but do you know when the school holidays for them would be? or would that not make a difference?
    There are many past discussions on your questions. I suggest you search through this formu for "Crowd Calendar" or "best time to visit" and you should get a lot of good information.

If you still have questions, start a new topic as this topic is about someone's trip report. I and many others will try to help you in your own topic.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234