Hey! Merch prices, food prep options, Anime shop name

Hey! My son is travelling to Japan in a few weeks, and because we are such awesome parents (yay) we are treating him to 2 day passes at the TDR. He has been once but that was a few years ago, when he was just out of high school and had virtually no Japanese language skills at all. I think he'll really enjoy going back now that he is much more comfortable with transportation, etc. and no doubt there will be lots of new things to see.

I have a few questions for you, and appreciate your guidance and suggestions. Here goes...He likes to eat quite plain, cleanly, mostly vegetarian, and well. picky. For example he loves rice and shrimp and fish, but he probably wouldn't enjoy it with a sauce over it. Is it reasonable and ordinary to expect that food service CMs accommodate requests such as omitting the sauce from the standard Shrimp, Rice + Chill Sauce counter service plate? He loves Caesar salad, but would not want the egg, or request dressing on the side. Is it considered too rude or high maintenance to request these amendments from the standard? His Japanese is very good, so he'll have no trouble asking, just ... it would be good to know how big of a request this is in order to present his request correctly.

He has been "missioned" by me with bringing home a Shellie Mae for his sister. Yes, apparently the Duffy fever happens even just looking at the stuff over the internets. :0) What are we talking about for price for a regular size bear? (just a ballpark is fine) I can't seem to find any prices for TDR merchandise. He is hoping to buy an Indianna Jones tee for himself. Do you see ride themed tees there, at TDS + TDL or ... no? What is the usual cost of tee shirts and hoodies at TDR? I have noticed a significant uptick in the price of tees at WDW and DL since we first started going...10 years ago ack! Now $39 for a teeshirt seems to be the norm!

Also, I read a trip report from lurkeyloo and there were pics of tees with Disney characters illustrated with an anime flavour and I would love to find out what shop the shirts are sold. I believe it was the TDS park. Any ideas?

And finally....can he purchase his park tix anywhere in Tokyo, in advance, or is it better to purchase at the gate? And any issues expecting to use his Amex card for tix, gifts, etc. in the park?

Thank you so much!

Kelli

• I also like Stitch!

Re: Hey! Merch prices, food prep options, Anime shop name

Price for Shellie May is 3,800 Yen.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Surfin the net with Duffy

He can pre purchase his tickets at a Disney store in Japan, and yes they accept amex. Though the charges usually posts generally 30 days later with Amex.

The food requests might be an issue, though Japanese aim to please. They might not understand clearly. I would suggest he eat at the Crystal Palace and Sailing Day Buffet for his meal of the day, they are both buffets .

Also tshirts for men at WDW are generally 19.50-24.50. At TDR the prices vary quite greatly.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I really appreciate it!

Kelli

• Resident of the Caldera

No anime in the parks.

T-shirts can be as high as $50.

He will be able to eat hamburgers, hot dogs, dumplings, pizza, spaghetti, and other simple food with no problem.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.