Ride Intensity at DisneySea - Particularly Journey to the Center of the Earth

Hi all, I'm just a few months away from a trip to Tokyo Disney Resort!

One of my friends is not the biggest fan of roller coasters. He really likes Big Thunder Mountain, but hates Space Mountain (mostly because it's in the dark) and Expedition Everest (mostly the backwards part).

What is the intensity of rides at DisneySea? Which are the most intense? I think he'd be most hesitant about Journey to the Center of the Earth and Raging Spirits. I understand we could watch videos online, but we don't want to spoil the surprise of the theme, story,etc.

For Journey to the Center of the Earth, how does it compare to other Disney rides in the states? How dark is it inside? How big are the drops? (Comparable to Splash Mountain? More or less?) Are the drops straight (Splash Mountain) or more curved/corkscrewed? (He's fine with the curves, but not the straight.) Are the big drops more at the beginning, end, or throughout? I'm pretty sure I'm going to convince/force him to go on this ride , but I think he'll do better if he knows more what to expect.

I have similar questions regarding Raging Spirits. Also, I understand it's similar to the Indiana Jones ride in Paris, but how similar is it? Near identical, or just similar design, etc.?

Are there other "intense" rides at DisneySea you think he might chicken out?

Thanks!!!!

Re: Ride Intensity at DisneySea - Particularly Journey to the Center of the Earth

I don't even feel the drop on Journey; it's at the end and curved. Not nearly as much as Splash. Before that, it goes fast in the dark so he may or may not like that part. (there are no drops or dips during this time) I'd recommend that he at least give it a try once, because it's hard to judge what someone else might think about it and it's a great ride overall.

Raging Spirits is kinda "eh" so your friend won't miss much if he doesn't ride. I don't recall much of a drop, though there is a loop. You can pretty much see the track from the queue area so it should be easy to make an informed decision.

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: Ride Intensity at DisneySea - Particularly Journey to the Center of the Earth

Journey has a longer, steeper, and faster drop than Big Thunder or Splash. My wife and daughter take both of those rides in stride but were pretty surprised by the intensity and speed of Journey's drop at the end.

But, it's the best ride in the park and so you should encourage your friend to try it at least once! It's nothing like an intense roller coaster, and is milder than Raging Spirits.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Not here to help

Hello disqueen11

The most thrilling rides in DisneySEA are:

Journey To The Center Of The Earth
    (Most of it is almost like a standard darkride. Compare this ride to Test Track. It is in the darkness but there are things lit up along most of the track. You will never feel "lost" in the darkness. The lights are actually a big part of the mood and settings of effects. There is a scene where the cars pass an underground lake. At the end of the lake a flash of thunder will make a loud sound, be ready for that. The end has a rollercoaster type of drop. Itīs worth a ride even if your friend does not like thrills. Itīs a very good ride with just one single element of the thrill at the end were the ride speeds up like Test Track does. The speed part feels alot shorter than the one in Test Track.)

Raging Spirits
    (It is a standard coaster... with a tiny loop. Itīs very much the same as in Paris. It just looks a bit better. Nothing in darkness. There is not much thrilling about it. You wonīt even notice you are in a loop. The coaster is also not very fast.

Tower Of Terror
    (See the little great preshow and exit after if it semes too much of thrill. The drop itself is slightly milder in the DisneySEA version than it is in USA and Paris.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

Let me answer this...... these are the rides which I consider to be thrilling

Tower of Terror
    The drop is milder then it's american cousins...the elevator drops 3 Times in every elevator there are 3 elevators, A, B and C. C is the most intense because you can feel the G-Forces 6 times instead of feeling 5 in elevator A and B. However, once you overcome the G-Forces in the 1st drop, you will start to like it!

Stormrider
    This is your typical motion simulator, however the pre-show includes loud noises.

Indiana Jones Adventure
    Not scary at all!!

Raging Spirits

This coaster is very mild with 3 drops and a loop. However, since the coaster gains speed before the loop, you will not feel the loop a lot. The restraints make you float less out from your seat.

Journey to the Center of the Earth
    The drop is short but the vehicle gains speed(75km p/h) the drop is steep and you WILL feel airtime(pretty big). Before the drop, the vehicle curves in darkness but you shoot out of the volcano evantually. DO NOT MISS THIS RIDE!!!

Have Fun!!
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

Thanks for the information everyone! He's willing to try Journey to the Center of the Earth. He'll probably go on Tower of Terror as well to see the different theme. We'll wait and see Raging Spirits to decide (he's not sure about the loop). Thanks again!

• Resident of the Caldera

disqueen11: make sure you keep your eyes on the statue of Shiriki Utundu during the pre-show!
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.