Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

New Toy Story Mania Construction Photos

Here are a couple of photos I took over the hedges on Monday 5/28/2012...enjoy.
    I wasn't keen on the walk-thru Woody mouth originally--but after seeing it--it's kinda cool!

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: New Toy Story Mania Construction Photos

Looks excellent! DisneySea never ceases to amaze me. While some may think that the addition of Pixar throughout the theme parks worldwide kills the theming and Disney quality, I actually think that the addition of TSMM is one step closer to bring the park into an even fuller circle than it is now. There's something for everyone in this park whether it be the Little Mermaid, Toy Story, and Sindbad for the kids or Indy, Raging Spirits, and the Mysterious Island for adults and teens. It's only a matter of time before Tokyo's take on Ariel's Undersea Adventure comes to the park. That would make things even MORE perfect.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Lost Boy

I will say it looks very nice; however, I don't think it really fits the themeing of everything around it... 2nd new DisneySea attraction in a row that, while looking really nice, has themeing that really clashes with everything else that already exists.
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

• keh!

TDS always does it better : (

• Seasick

Woody looks a little garish in comparison to the rest of it, but overall it looks very impressive.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Resident of the Caldera

That sure looks like a pair of parade gates at the back with the "Toyville Trolley Park" painted on them!
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpanfan1953 View Post
    …I don't think it really fits the themeing of everything around it... 2nd new DisneySea attraction in a row that, while looking really nice, has themeing that really clashes with everything else that already exists.
    This. The Woody bothers me even more now than I imagined it would.

Yay for a parade at TDS, though! I hope Fukai is right!

• Pilot EdForceOne

The Woody head looks great... except for the 'toy story mania' sign on top. They should have left that off and put the signage in another way
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Just another Disney fan..

My personal guess is that the gate is just large doors to allow backstage access. That is all.

Backstage access has always been in that area. It just wasn't as heavily themed.

Large access doors are needed to move equipment and large items on and off stage. This is particularly important in the American Waterfront area where they set up all the elaborate stages and decorations for the different shows throughout the year.

If you think about TDS, there are many narrow bridges and passages, small radius curves, underpasses, overhead obstructions and changes in elevation througout the park. All these things are prohibitive to parades. Pull out a map and try to lay out a parade route of any significant length and you will find the things I've mentioned at almost every turn.

If I were thinking about putting in a "parade" at TDS, I would design a water based parade that sailed the same route as the Transit Steam Liners. This IS Tokyo DisneySEA we are taking about!

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    If I were thinking about putting in a "parade" at TDS, I would design a water based parade that sailed the same route as the Transit Steam Liners. This IS Tokyo DisneySEA we are taking about!
    Agreed. I would think that's more "in theme" for TDS.

• Suspended

Looks richly detailed. I wished they would have created a whole new land ala Paradise Pier instead of shoe-horning it into the corner of American Waterfront.

The logo for the attraction is too modern considering the time period set for American Waterfront.

Also, the Woody head looks out of place compared to the Victorian architecture. They made it look too plastic, they should have made it out of wood.

However, the attraction will be welcomed in the park and families are sure to have fun on it.

Unfortunately though the queue is probably similar to the one at DCA, not the fun one at DHS.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    It's only a matter of time before Tokyo's take on Ariel's Undersea Adventure comes to the park. That would make things even MORE perfect.
    Mermaid Lagoon is DisneySEA´s Undersea Adventure. They would first have to bulldozer the Mermaid Lagoon to get the ride in there.

Mermaid Lagoon... an entire land that is built with much more detail than a single mermaid ride ever could have.
    Name:  IMG_0688-741292.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  39.4 KB

...anyway, Toy Story looks great. It would be fun if they could fit a second ride in the area.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Mermaid Lagoon is far better than the Little Mermaid ride. There is no need for it to go to Tokyo, it's not a very good ride.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    Also, the Woody head looks out of place compared to the Victorian architecture. They made it look too plastic, they should have made it out of wood.
    Mache.. or resin soaked stuff is period appropriate. So textured fiberglass/plastic should look fine. What would make it look out of place is if it were 'too perfect'.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Mache.. or resin soaked stuff is period appropriate. So textured fiberglass/plastic should look fine. What would make it look out of place is if it were 'too perfect'.
    Like Jasmine´s Flying Carpets in Arabian Coast...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast