Best Route to Journey to the Center of the Earth

Based on some of the posts here, I'm planning to get to TDS early and head first to Journey to the Center of the Earth for a FastPass. On the map, the ride looks to be straight back behind the lagoon. What is the best route to get there? From the entrance, head right or left? Are there any "shortcuts?"

Thanks!

• Not here to help

Re: Best Route to Journey to the Center of the Earth

Im still terrible at finding my way around in DisneySEA. Someone will tell you the best way.
    Get the Journey fastpass first, then stand in line to ride either Indy or Tower.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Journey was the first atraction I wanted to ride, and I went directly to Mysterious Island. I took the left route, it's not too far but you have to go through Fortress Explorations, I think the right route is the fastest way to reach Journey. But here, there is people who go frecuently to TDS, so they could help you better

• Resident of the Caldera

Different Tack: run RUN straight to the Tower of Terror and get a FastPass, then reverse course and go back to Lido Isle, then turn left and walk up to the hill. You'll see a bathroom on your right--turn right and enter Mysterious Island from that direction. Go left as soon as you enter the cave and stay far to the left--that will bring you directly to the standby line for Journey, which should be no more than 10 to 15 minutes at that point.

After exiting Journey, immediately do 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Your FastPass window will now be open. Walk to Indiana Jones and get another FastPass. Now you are free to do as you wish and use both FastPasses later in the day.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Thanks, Fukai. After looking at some of the wait times for ToT, I started thinking that a FP for it might be better first thing. The route also looks to have less back-tracking. I'll try it!

---------- Post added 06-03-2012 at 05:13 AM ----------

Oh, one more question. When going from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea to Indiana Jones, is it better to go through Mermaid Lagoon or Port Discovery? Thanks!

• Resident of the Caldera

For Indy, the best route is probably via the exit where the Gyoza Dog cart is, turn left to Mermaid Lagoon, go around counter clockwise and then cross to the other side of Lost River Delta on the first bridge.

I don't usually do that, because there can be a big bottleneck in front of Mermaid Lagoon because of the two rides that are just outside the entrance (Scuttle's Scooters and Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster). I usually take a right when exiting Mysterious Island and walk straight along the perimeter of Arabian Coast, then make a left when it dead ends at Jasmine's Flying carpets.

Have never tried going out the other exit at Mysterious Island and then backtracking clockwise around to Indy.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.