Tdl New Years Eve Countdown Party

We just made reservations at the HILTON at TDL which gives us the ability to get tickets to the countdown special party. We are concerned becuase we can not get our tickets until 7pm and I have seen numerous people say that people start to get in line at 9am. If we get at line after 7pm I am afraid that we will not have a good spot for the parade any advice. I have myself and wife and 3 year old that will be going with me. Ihear it is a great experience.

Re: Tdl New Years Eve Countdown Party

Good luck with that panda0606. Where did you hear it was a great experience? I've been there and done that. It is an experience, alright. In fact, I'll be next door at TDS that night.

Is it really 7pm? That seems rather odd and just plain wrong (not about your info, but of Hilton's rules). If it is the case, just wait in line from early morning and then either you or your wife other picks up the tickets in the evening. Good luck again, the lines already started forming a couple of days ago by Maihama Station.

Is it worth going? We went on 30 OCT and the crowd was huge but we enjoyed the PARADE. I believe it will be cold. What was your experience? Talked to Hilton we can get tickets at 0700. But they told me that lines form tomorrow night. If we get there too late can we still get a spot where my 3 year old can see the parade.

Do this... If you want to see the Countdown Parade, go to TDL tomorrow Dec 30th. Pretty much the same parade is done on the 31st. It is much less crowded, less expensive and less hassle. If you guys enjoy it, then buy tickets for the 31st the next day. Tomorrow's parade begins from 7:35pm but go in late afternoon for a spot along the Parade Route. And yes, it is very very cold depending on where in the world are you coming from? Please send me a Private Message for more information.

Thumbs down Re: Tdl New Years Eve Countdown Party

I want to thank DISNEYLURKER for all of his help. We had nice seats for the parade and a nice few of castle. Fireworks were behind the trees where we were sitting no big loss. If someone is thinking of going to this event this year ask a lot of questions before you financilly commit yourself. I can think of other ways of celebrating NEW Years without waking up the next day with a very sore body. We had to wait in line for over nine hours and then once the line started to move it became a rugby scrum everyone defending for themselves. We had our stroller and it made no difference. We heard and saw numerous people get hurt. Once inside it reminded me of a hour race. Everyone was running for there spots it was increadible. It was an experience that we will never forget or do again. HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL any questions please contact me I will give as much info as you want.

• Banned User

I have been visiting TDL since 1989 and have never done the New year's eve party or countdown party due to that very same reason... I hate it when it gets that bad and out of control.