Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Loves Mickey!

Re: Disney Natu Maturi (Disney's Summer Festival)

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
    It is a great show, but why does Maleficent show up in the night show? I never did understand that.
    The earlier shows lead up to the night time show. Since Donald loses in the third round he dresses up as Maleficent to compete in the 4th round against the Queen of hearts and wins to compete in the final round at night. Of course Maleficent is not pleased at all and shows up!
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

• I also like Stitch!

Now I get it.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

We're going to Tokyo Disney in two weeks, and I'm super excited! I was even more excited when I saw that we'd be there for Natsu Matsuri! I saw that you need to get passes through the lottery to sit in the central viewing area, but I can't find much more than that and was wonder if anyone who knows a bit more about it could answer a couple of questions.

1. If you aren't successful with the lottery, is there still a place to see the show?

2. I saw that the show goes on 4 times throughout the day, and then 2 times at night. Is the lottery required for any of these? Do you select a specific time when you go to the lottery, and if you miss that time, is that it, or is the lottery separated between the daytime/nighttime shows?
    Last edited by SiraRaven; 07-19-2012 at 11:13 PM.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by SiraRaven View Post
    We're going to Tokyo Disney in two weeks, and I'm super excited! I was even more excited when I saw that we'd be there for Natsu Matsuri! I saw that you need to get passes through the lottery to sit in the central viewing area, but I can't find much more than that and was wonder if anyone who knows a bit more about it could answer a couple of questions.

1. If you aren't successful with the lottery, is there still a place to see the show?

2. I saw that the show goes on 4 times throughout the day, and then 2 times at night. Is the lottery required for any of these? Do you select a specific time when you go to the lottery, and if you miss that time, is that it, or is the lottery separated between the daytime/nighttime shows?
    Hi SiraRaven!
    If you do not succeed at winning the lottery you can watch from outside the viewing area. It's hard to get a good position for photo's and video because people will camp out for the best areas but you can still watch the shows just fine! You can enter the lottery 2 times. Once for the day time shows and once for the evening shows, if you lose you have to watch from outside the viewing area. One tip is that if you try for the first show (Goofy and Max vs. Clarice, Jose Carioca and Panchito) you are almost guaranteed to win because they need to fill those morning seats before the show starts. You always have a better chance of winning on the weekends and if you see everyone around you losing it's probably a bad time to try your luck. The 4 daytime shows are all different but the two night time shows are the same. Good luck with everything!

Thank you very much for your advice! I'm definitely relieved to know that we can at least see the shows even if we don't win the lottery. I was especially hoping to see the night shows, so it's great to know that, even we don't get the best seat, we can see the festivities! (We'll be in Tokyo Disney for two days, so one in each park) Is it really true that you have a better chance of winning on weekends? That's so strange! I would think the park'd be less busy on weekdays, so fewer people competing for lottery tickets. We'll be there on a Thursday and a Friday (Thursday is DisneySea, Friday is Disneyland), so we'll see how it turns out! Thanks again for your helpful and quick reply!

• TDR and Japan fan

you are likely to win if you have a 2-day pass... when I went in 2010 I won tickets for the stitch summer show (with a 4-day pass) and my japanese friends (with annual pass) didn't. The next day we tried again and we won, while my friends didn't, so we gift them our tickets to them since we didn't want to get wet LOL. So maybe you are likely to win, don't lose hope
    Trips:
    DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
    WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
    DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
    TDL: July 2008, July 2010
    HKDL: wishing it will be soon

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by SiraRaven View Post
    Thank you very much for your advice! I'm definitely relieved to know that we can at least see the shows even if we don't win the lottery. I was especially hoping to see the night shows, so it's great to know that, even we don't get the best seat, we can see the festivities! (We'll be in Tokyo Disney for two days, so one in each park) Is it really true that you have a better chance of winning on weekends? That's so strange! I would think the park'd be less busy on weekdays, so fewer people competing for lottery tickets. We'll be there on a Thursday and a Friday (Thursday is DisneySea, Friday is Disneyland), so we'll see how it turns out! Thanks again for your helpful and quick reply!
    Opps sorry! It was late when I replied! Much worse chance of winning on the weekends! Your chances are always higher on less crowded days.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by luckyone View Post
    you are likely to win if you have a 2-day pass... when I went in 2010 I won tickets for the stitch summer show (with a 4-day pass) and my japanese friends (with annual pass) didn't. The next day we tried again and we won, while my friends didn't, so we gift them our tickets to them since we didn't want to get wet LOL. So maybe you are likely to win, don't lose hope
    I use to believe multi-day passports or even single day passports gave you a better chance. However, over the last few years I have been getting shut out using these types of passes while friends with APs have been winning more than me.

I don't know if there is any real advantage of using a multi-day passport vs AP.

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Opps sorry! It was late when I replied! Much worse chance of winning on the weekends! Your chances are always higher on less crowded days.
    Ohh, that makes much more sense - thanks! I realize Friday's kind of an in-between day, but we should hopefully at least have a better shot than on a Saturday!

• TDR and Japan fan

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    I use to believe multi-day passports or even single day passports gave you a better chance. However, over the last few years I have been getting shut out using these types of passes while friends with APs have been winning more than me.

I don't know if there is any real advantage of using a multi-day passport vs AP.
    Oh yes, I guess its luck at the end, but this was 2 years ago... this year I will leave in Japan and (hopefully) have an annual pass... so I will see how are my chances hehehehe. Yes, as ichigopara has said, you have better chance on week day than on weekends
    Trips:
    DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
    WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
    DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
    TDL: July 2008, July 2010
    HKDL: wishing it will be soon

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyone View Post
    Oh yes, I guess its luck at the end, but this was 2 years ago... this year I will leave in Japan and (hopefully) have an annual pass... so I will see how are my chances hehehehe. Yes, as ichigopara has said, you have better chance on week day than on weekends
    Luck is somewhat involved but it has more to do with the distribution system I believe. That is why AP's tend to win more because we have a better idea of how to play it. I don't think the type of ticket matters because we have even tried with executive club passports which come in a lovely envelope but did not win us tickets that day. There are certain times, I believe, that you have a bigger advantage, it's not 100% but it's a much higher chance of winning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12