I STILL don't get how show ticketing works at Disney Sea...

I didn't see any shows last time at Disney Sea, but I have read about how there is some sort of lottery for some of the performances (but not others?). Also there are restrictions on applying for the lottery? Please explain it to me clearly, step-by-step.

I swear I am not an imbecile!

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: I STILL don't get how show ticketing works at Disney Sea...

Some designated shows require a reserved ticket to view from the reserved area. Some shows there are non-reserved areas way in the back or way to the sides. These non-reserved areas are not that good to view the show but if there happens to be some decent non-reserved areas for viewing a show, you can bet the Japanese Guests will be waiting in those spots from hours before the show.

The reserved tickets are distribute via a lottery system.

There are lottery machines at designate locations at which you use your park ticket to have a chance at winning a ticket for one show on that day only. The computer system picks entries at random to assign the tickets to the shows. If the lottery system picks you your tickets are printed out from the machine. If it doesn't pick you, you will not be able to see the show from the reserved area.

You can only try the lottery one time a day.

You must pick which specific showtime you want to try for. You can not try once for each show time.

If you want to see the show with people you are with, all of your groups tickets must be put into the lottery machine together and your group gets one chance at winning a ticket. You all don't get one chance each.

The lottery system at TDS has been used for certain seasonal shows such as Halloween and Christmas in the American Waterfront area but it is not always the case. The Easter in New York show this year did not use the lottery system and people just line up. Shows at the Dockside Stage, Lido Isle, Mediterranean Harbor do not use they lottery system.

On days predicted to be very crowded they sometimes decide to use the same lottery system for the Big Band Beat show. The same one chance a day for one show rule applies in this case too.
    Last edited by Roger55; 06-25-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Does this mean I can apply only once for Big Band Beat and once for Mystic Rhythms, or just one show per day in the entire park? Do they use this system for Mystic Rhythms at all?

I'll probaby be there on a Monday in August on a '40' day according to the Crowd Calendar. I wonder what the chances are they will be using this system at all......

And finally, if they don't use the system, how long in advance to line up?

Ok, one more question that is REALLY final..... any preference between BBB and MR?

One chance each for each show using the lottery system that day.

Mystic Rhythms, My Friend Duffy, Table is Waiting, Legend of Mythica, and Fantasmic! do not use the lottery system.

As far as how early one should line up it depends on the show itself and how good a seat you want. Some of the extreme fans line up 3-4 hours just to get the prime locations. For something like BBB i would think 1 hour ahead of time will get you a pretty good seat.

Since you will be there in August I'm pretty sure "Summer Oasis Splash" is a show that will not be using the lottery unless they are doing something different than in the past.

Regarding your last question, it really is a matter of personal taste. BBB is a big band jazz show with a lot of music and dancing. Mystic Rhythems is more of a Cirque du Soleil type of interpretive dance with elaborate costumes and stage sets type of a show. BBB has Disney characters while MR does not.

My personal choice is BBB if I could only see one. But if possible I'd see both.

• Resident of the Caldera

Big Band Beat is great, but so is Mythica.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Big Band Beat is great, but so is Mythica.
    The question was asked about BBB and Mystic Rythms, not Mythica.