Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: Your Thoughts On Merging DLPs Toy Story Rides Into Disney Sea's Toyville Area?

Agreed. At this point I'm beginning to think that TSMM is enough for Toyville. It just works and a giant RC pipe may ruin that along with a giant wheel or coaster. A carousel would work but keep in mind that Arabian Coast already has one and any appropriate carousel for Toyville would have already been utilized in Fantasyland already.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Your Thoughts On Merging DLPs Toy Story Rides Into Disney Sea's Toyville Area?

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    I figured originally that they would make the area a bit bigger- they only utilized a small part of the parking lot when they built out the Toyville area- there is some space behind the area, but it really isn't as big an expansion area as some of the ideas proposed here. I don't know if you've been to TDS, but there isn't much available room there..
    Thanks for the avilable land appraisal which I didn't have. I'd be happy if Disney used area inside Toyville and that which is next to it as best they can.

I think some of the rides developed for DLP and HKDL in the Toy Story areas are a little too corny to be placed in TDS which is a much more sophisticated and elegant park..
    This is Toy Story....it's not supposed to be completely dignified. Let's hope they would compromise and shoot for a more sophisticated cornyness.

There is a bigger plot of land available between the Arabian Coast and Lost River Delta that could incorporate a whole new land to the park.
    Perhaps a port based on Finding Nemo or Atlantis: The Lost Empire would be better themed land use potentials for this larger plot. It just wouldn't make much since to me to have two "lands or ports" based on the same themed movie property..

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Agreed. At this point I'm beginning to think that TSMM is enough for Toyville. It just works and a giant RC pipe may ruin that along with a giant wheel or coaster. A carousel would work but keep in mind that Arabian Coast already has one and any appropriate carousel for Toyville would have already been utilized in Fantasyland already.
    I still like the idea of merging some or all of the Toy Story Land rides into Toyville, even if it means expanding some. But, if a departure was the only thing in the cards, I would like to see a uniquely themed Ferris Wheel as Disney sea doesn't have one.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-03-2012 at 07:31 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• I'm a Lutheran

It doesn't necessarily need a wheel but it is your idea so okay.

Atlantis (not based on the movie) would be a perfect fit for the empty space next door to the Lost River Delta (to Indy's right-hand side). It'd easily fit in with the lost civilization theme of the neighboring Delta and the whole discovery theme of nearby Port Discovery. I'd recommend either that or one of these two lands: City by the Bay or Primeval Seas. City by the Bay would obviously be a representation of San Francisco in the Gold Rush-era with plenty of excitement and adventure along with unique restaurants (including a Chinese restaurant and soda fountain). Or the Primeval Seas could be a representation of the swampy oceans of earth during the age of the dinosaurs. Think of Dinoland, USA done RIGHT with a feel of mystery, the exotic, and pure prehistoric adventure. Can you imagine how awesome that'd be? River rapids through dense dinosaur-populated jungles, encounters with dinosaurs, etc. But then there's always the fact that Universal Studios Japan has Jurassic Park already (right?).
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• You have much to learn...

There is a bit more land they could have used, or they may actually be saving for another future expansion- but not on the scale of a whole boardwalk.

From the first press release & photos of the concept art- I always hoped that they would have built a small lake or some waterway in front of the attraction itself that you would have had to cross a small bridge to go over to give it the appearance that you were going over to a boardwalk - it would have also been really neat at night with the reflections of the lights over the water and it would still be keeping in the whole sea theme.

They could still possibly add possibly 2 more smaller attractions, or even a restaurant or additional shops, but it would be behind what is there now. A ferris wheel could be neat, since it doesn't take up much space- but it would probably look too out of place being so close to the Hightower Hotel.

I was in TDS this past November, but can't come up with a full assessment till I see it in person later this year. Even with all the photos & posts I've seen- its still different when you are there in person.

For those who haven't been there- the Toy Story area that just opened was built on a portion of a parking lot outside the current berm of the park- but that is fairly close to the resort liner track, so there really isn't very much more they could have done in the area- but they still could have built it out a bit more since they do have very heavy crowds in the parks to begin with. But the OLC does know what they are doing.

Right, like the Dumbo, Astro Orbiter and Aladdin's Flying Carpets at WDW's MK....redundant, but they did it anyway (and now we're getting DOUBLE Dumbos...so 4 of the same style of attraction)
    My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

So are you saying that TDS has very limited land for expansion?

This theme park should be infinite ! xD

I though a lot of time about possible new ports. I love the idea of a primeval landa. My name for it is Trilobite Bay. I love if they do a Primeval River Cruise.
    Other ideas that I think that may work:
    -The Bermuda Triangle: E-Ticket "The Shipwreck of Terror" a mix between Mystic Manor and geyser Mountain based on the mysterious disappear of USS Cyclops. The area would be a dark each, with shipwrecks, ghosts and strange lights.
    -Nemo' reef: With a bigger version of Crush coaster.
    -Isla Tortuga: With the new Pirates ride designed for Shanghai Disneyland.
    -The Island: Featuring the Lost'island with an exploration area called Dharma explorations and a sixties look (But is Lost popular in Japan?)
    -Port Odissey: It is a recreation of Port of Alexandria. A Ride like the classic Pirated based on the Odissey would be the of this area.

• Iron-Clad Allie

It doesn't necessarily need a wheel but it is your idea so okay.

Atlantis (not based on the movie) would be a perfect fit for the empty space next door to the Lost River Delta (to Indy's right-hand side). It'd easily fit in with the lost civilization theme of the neighboring Delta and the whole discovery theme of nearby Port Discovery. I'd recommend either that or one of these two lands: City by the Bay or Primeval Seas. City by the Bay would obviously be a representation of San Francisco in the Gold Rush-era with plenty of excitement and adventure along with unique restaurants (including a Chinese restaurant and soda fountain). Or the Primeval Seas could be a representation of the swampy oceans of earth during the age of the dinosaurs. Think of Dinoland, USA done RIGHT with a feel of mystery, the exotic, and pure prehistoric adventure. Can you imagine how awesome that'd be? River rapids through dense dinosaur-populated jungles, encounters with dinosaurs, etc. But then there's always the fact that Universal Studios Japan has Jurassic Park already (right?).
    Glad you like my idea of Disney utilizing the available land for a land based on it's Atlantus property. Smetimes films that didn't get terrific boxoffice make a great theati cbasis within the framework of a themepark.

Love your original City By the Bay and Primeval Seas concepts. Primeval Seas especilly grabs me as a theme that would lend itself to immersive attractions on a grand sale!

There is a bit more land they could have used, or they may actually be saving for another future expansion- but not on the scale of a whole boardwalk.

From the first press release & photos of the concept art- I always hoped that they would have built a small lake or some waterway in front of the attraction itself that you would have had to cross a small bridge to go over to give it the appearance that you were going over to a boardwalk - it would have also been really neat at night with the reflections of the lights over the water and it would still be keeping in the whole sea theme.

They could still possibly add possibly 2 more smaller attractions, or even a restaurant or additional shops, but it would be behind what is there now. A ferris wheel could be neat, since it doesn't take up much space- but it would probably look too out of place being so close to the Hightower Hotel.

I was in TDS this past November, but can't come up with a full assessment till I see it in person later this year. Even with all the photos & posts I've seen- its still different when you are there in person.

For those who haven't been there- the Toy Story area that just opened was built on a portion of a parking lot outside the current berm of the park- but that is fairly close to the resort liner track, so there really isn't very much more they could have done in the area- but they still could have built it out a bit more since they do have very heavy crowds in the parks to begin with. But the OLC does know what they are doing.
    Just a few carni rides would be perfect. An entire boardwalk would be too much. I'd rather have tall rides such as a wheel or a swing ride than an area dependent on one ride. I love your restaurant idea. You've got a hungry friend in me on that one.

Hope you have a blast at TDS when you go! You are completely right about there being a trmendous difference in ones feel of a park between viewing it in social media and actually being there.

Regarding the OLC, don't get me wrong, but I think it's excellence is far more evident in financin wonderful attractions than in it's ability to make thematic decisions as to what would work best in various locations. I say WDI is much better at that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    Right, like the Dumbo, Astro Orbiter and Aladdin's Flying Carpets at WDW's MK....redundant, but they did it anyway (and now we're getting DOUBLE Dumbos...so 4 of the same style of attraction)
    Nothing like doubling down on double Dumbos. hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by IvanJ View Post
    So are you saying that TDS has very limited land for expansion?

This theme park should be infinite ! xD

I though a lot of time about possible new ports. I love the idea of a primeval landa. My name for it is Trilobite Bay. I love if they do a Primeval River Cruise.
    Other ideas that I think that may work:
    -The Bermuda Triangle: E-Ticket "The Shipwreck of Terror" a mix between Mystic Manor and geyser Mountain based on the mysterious disappear of USS Cyclops. The area would be a dark each, with shipwrecks, ghosts and strange lights.
    -Nemo' reef: With a bigger version of Crush coaster.
    -Isla Tortuga: With the new Pirates ride designed for Shanghai Disneyland.
    -The Island: Featuring the Lost'island with an exploration area called Dharma explorations and a sixties look (But is Lost popular in Japan?)
    -Port Odissey: It is a recreation of Port of Alexandria. A Ride like the classic Pirated based on the Odissey would be the of this area.
    Unfortunately, there is very little room for expansion at TDS - unless they were ro do a lot more ocean landfill. That would be slightly expensive.

Your Primeval River Cruise idea would be an awesome experience! Alsoam stoked on your idea of a larger Crush's Coater.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-09-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12