Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Your Thoughts On Merging DLPs Toy Story Rides Into Disney Sea's Toyville Area?

TDS's Toyville Trolley Park is one of the most fancifully designed areas in the park. The atmosphere is pure awesomness. However, with only one attraction (Toy Story Mania), I feel the area is lacking in kenetic activity, and the elements of fun and varety. Therefore, one solution might be to phase in each of the three rides from DLP's Toy Story Land. This would require relatively little space (as compared to major attractions), they would provide feasible, budget-friendly maintenance, improve ride capacity, plus (most importantly) produce fun galore foradults, kids, families, and friends.

To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Re: Your Thoughts On Merging DLPs Toy Story Rides Into Disney Sea's Toyville Area?

i like it

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: Your Thoughts On Merging DLPs Toy Story Rides Into Disney Sea's Toyville Area?

I'm not exactly sure how they'd fit into a realistic Cony Island setting and how a giant parachute drop and orange hot wheels track would look scraping the sky over immigration-era New York City. Now if there was some way to get them inside a covered area which was not an eyesore and fit in with the theming correctly, then I'd say go for it. But if not I'd say don't go for it.

HKDL and WDS alike are both missing out on not including TSMM into their respective Toy Story Lands. DCA's TSMM has a fantastic exit queue featuring a small living room where an unseen child has left behind an opened play set box. What is on the front of the box? "Toy Story Midway Mania Play Set." Imagine if one of these boxes was ripped open in one side and overturned in the grass in Andy's backyard. Thus you get a perfect facade and theme for a TSMM to be incorporated into WDS and HKDL. You'd go inside the giant play set box and walk through an indoor queue similar to TDS' and DHS'.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

NO!!!!!! I hated that place when I went to Paris and they already do have a kids area, plus, RC Racer and the Green Army Men ride wont even fit....(maybe Slinky will)
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    i like it
    Thanx Mrs.Monroe. You have a good eye for fun theme park attraction-based areas.

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how they'd fit into a realistic Cony Island setting and how a giant parachute drop and orange hot wheels track would look scraping the sky over immigration-era New York City. Now if there was some way to get them inside a covered area which was not an eyesore and fit in with the theming correctly, then I'd say go for it. But if not I'd say don't go for it..
    Let the New York immigrants have some new fun for a change! You might be on to something regarding your indoor housing of the three DLP clones: think ealy New York themed version of Ariel's Grotto. An outdoor alternative might be to place the rides behind the buildings.

HKDL and WDS alike are both missing out on not including TSMM into their respective Toy Story Lands. DCA's TSMM has a fantastic exit queue featuring a small living room where an unseen child has left behind an opened play set box. What is on the front of the box? "Toy Story Midway Mania Play Set." Imagine if one of these boxes was ripped open in one side and overturned in the grass in Andy's backyard. Thus you get a perfect facade and theme for a TSMM to be incorporated into WDS and HKDL. You'd go inside the giant play set box and walk through an indoor queue similar to TDS' and DHS'.
    WDS and HKDL are seriously blowing it in their failure to include the three rides. Love your idea for an accompanying indoor queue at both parks. Pretty good forward thinking innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    NO!!!!!! I hated that place when I went to Paris and they already do have a kids area, plus, RC Racer and the Green Army Men ride wont even fit....(maybe Slinky will)
    Slinky Dog would definitely fit. Wanna know why? 'Cause he's so doggone slinky!

• I am not a Krusty Krab

I'm not exactly sure how they'd fit into a realistic Cony Island setting and how a giant parachute drop and orange hot wheels track would look scraping the sky over immigration-era New York City. Now if there was some way to get them inside a covered area which was not an eyesore and fit in with the theming correctly, then I'd say go for it. But if not I'd say don't go for it.

many seaside piers, including Coney Island had parachute drops

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parachute_Jump

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    many seaside piers, including Coney Island had parachute drops

Parachute Jump - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Great point. I admire you for walking softly and carrying a big smart mind, well-armed with facts.

• I'm a Lutheran

My only concern would be the appearance of the two taller rides on the fanciful skyline of TDS. If they add some more amusement attractions I'd actually like to see a roller coaster or at least a Ferris Wheel. But even then those'd be pushing it for TDS.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

I think a few carnival rides would fit in perfectly with the coney Island feel of the place. The theming could change a bit so that it does not include so many large colorful toy set pieces. Some nice victorian structures as queues and elaborate fencing and it would work.

The problem is the height and look of the drop tower and RC racer, instead i would replace those two rides with a swing ride similar to the silly symphony ride at DCA. WDI had several concept for re-theming that ride when they were working on DCA remodel project.
    another ride that would fit well is a wooden coaster. Something that would not be too tall to affect the rest of the park but be fun enough for families with children to enjoy

• Iron-Clad Allie

My only concern would be the appearance of the two taller rides on the fanciful skyline of TDS. If they add some more amusement attractions I'd actually like to see a roller coaster or at least a Ferris Wheel. But even then those'd be pushing it for TDS.
    A Toy Story themed Farris Wheel would be super! I think I'll refer to it as a Wheezee Wheel. How about a Woody Coaster?!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think a few carnival rides would fit in perfectly with the coney Island feel of the place. The theming could change a bit so that it does not include so many large colorful toy set pieces. Some nice victorian structures as queues and elaborate fencing and it would work.

The problem is the height and look of the drop tower and RC racer, instead i would replace those two rides with a swing ride similar to the silly symphony ride at DCA. WDI had several concept for re-theming that ride when they were working on DCA remodel project.
    another ride that would fit well is a wooden coaster. Something that would not be too tall to affect the rest of the park but be fun enough for families with children to enjoy
    Again, a Woody Coaster would be a great themed ride, cowboy! A swing ride would be great fun, along with the fact that it would work well aesthetically as a nice addition to the atmosphere.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-09-2012 at 10:31 AM.

• I'm a Lutheran

A wheel, carousel, and coaster would work the best in the area if you ask me, just as long as their presence isn't a monstrous sight when compared to the rest of stunning DisneySea. Remember that DisneySea is more of a beautiful new world than a theme park and keep in mind how the original Paradise Pier looked at the dead end of what should have been a traditionally beautiful Disney theme park.

• Just another Disney fan..

Similar rides to Slinky and the parachute drop already exist in Mermaid Lagoon.

For those who have not been to TDS, check out Scuttle's Scooters and Jumpin' Jellyfish.

Scuttle's Scooters | Tokyo DisneySea

Jumpin' Jellyfish | Tokyo DisneySea

Putting them into Toyville Trolley Park would be redundant.

Seeing the photos of the queue, it does give the impression that they could expand more in the back, and I wouldn't mind seeing a few small attractions (read: amusements that fit the land and don't interfere with the sight lines)....I mean the Tower of Terror needs to be alone and not next to a parachute drop or rollercoaster.

I like the slinky dog actually, but put it under a roof and have the roof and coloring match the theme of the rest of that area.
    My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

• Iron-Clad Allie

A wheel, carousel, and coaster would work the best in the area if you ask me, just as long as their presence isn't a monstrous sight when compared to the rest of stunning DisneySea. Remember that DisneySea is more of a beautiful new world than a theme park and keep in mind how the original Paradise Pier looked at the dead end of what should have been a traditionally beautiful Disney theme park.
    One thing's for sure, there are no Ferris Wheels at TDS yet. It could use one.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    Similar rides to Slinky and the parachute drop already exist in Mermaid Lagoon.

For those who have not been to TDS, check out Scuttle's Scooters and Jumpin' Jellyfish.

Scuttle's Scooters | Tokyo DisneySea

Jumpin' Jellyfish | Tokyo DisneySea

Putting them into Toyville Trolley Park would be redundant.
    I've always wanted to experience Ariel's area. the Imgineers went all out designing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    Seeing the photos of the queue, it does give the impression that they could expand more in the back, and I wouldn't mind seeing a few small attractions (read: amusements that fit the land and don't interfere with the sight lines)....I mean the Tower of Terror needs to be alone and not next to a parachute drop or rollercoaster.

I like the slinky dog actually, but put it under a roof and have the roof and coloring match the theme of the rest of that area.
    A slinky dog ride beneath it's own customized roof would be quite classy. Thanks for relating this good idea Chris. Perhaps somebody at WDC will follow our conversation. You just never know.

• You have much to learn...

I figured originally that they would make the area a bit bigger- they only utilized a small part of the parking lot when they built out the Toyville area- there is some space behind the area, but it really isn't as big an expansion area as some of the ideas proposed here. I don't know if you've been to TDS, but there isn't much available room there.

I think some of the rides developed for DLP and HKDL in the Toy Story areas are a little too corny to be placed in TDS which is a much more sophisticated and elegant park.

There is a bigger plot of land available between the Arabian Coast and Lost River Delta that could incorporate a whole new land to the park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast