• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

Toy Story Mania Opens Today!!!

The day is here!! Toy Story Mania at Tokyo Disney Sea opened today at the American Waterfront area..

right now, I am resting and the wait time is a 400 Minute wait..the fastpasses are all distributed for the day in about 10~20 minutes.
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

• Loves Mickey!

Re: Toy Story Mania Opens Today!!!

Good luck Prometheus! Heard the line is crazy long!
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

• Surfin the net with Duffy

why on preview days it is 40 minutes, but on opening it is 180?

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    right now, I am resting and the wait time is a 400 Minute wait..the fastpasses are all distributed for the day in about 10~20 minutes.
    Really puts Radiator Springs Racers to shame, doesn't it?

haha the wait times are so incredible at the Tokyo parks. Really makes you appreciate the wait times in the states parks...
    Proud visitor of
    Tokyo Disney Sea Disneyland Disney California Adventure Tokyo Disneyland

• Just another Disney fan..

TDR and OLC like to inflate their posted wait times. I'm going to wait to see what actual wait times turn out to be.

• I see as I say

400 minutes?! wow. 6 hours and 40 minutes... just wondering, are there any major differences between Toy Story Mania in Japan and in the States?
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

• Shubisha

It's like that in the states too. A ride is in previews and everyone knows it and the line is 1-2 hours if it's a real big one but then the opening day comes and it's 3x that much with a bunch of people wanting to ride it on the "First day!!". :P

I don't keep track of rides out there too much but man I thought this thing opened a long while ago Oh well.

• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

Quote Originally Posted by ah92us View Post
    400 minutes?! wow. 6 hours and 40 minutes... just wondering, are there any major differences between Toy Story Mania in Japan and in the States?
    The exterior is VERY different, and the queue is smaller then the one in DHS, it is in Andy's room and looks a bit different too... the ride experience is the same
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

• I'm a Lutheran

Jeez that's crazy...too crazy haha. It is one of my goals to make it to TDS before I die...maybe one of my other goals is to successfully wait through a 400 minute line, lol. I've waited for Star Tours for 140 minutes when it reopened last year and that was pretty torturous, especially when a good portion of the queue stretched to Main Street and had practically no covering from the hot California sun. I can only imagine what the wait time will be for Star Tours 2 when it comes to TDL.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Resident of the Caldera

Long waits for new or rehabbed rides are good because they draw people away from other attractions in the park, thus shortening the other lines.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Across From DL

Is there a photo for proof?

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

Quote Originally Posted by CastMember 02 View Post
    Is there a photo for proof?
    Hi. A friend of mine who was there on monday for the opening did send some photos but I don't have permission from him to post them. The photos show the standby line stretching as far back as the area immediately in front of Tower of Terror, and another photo shows the "400 minutes" stand by queue wait time posted on the Fastpass distribution sign. In addition to his photos, he also emailed this bit of information in regards to his experience there, and maybe you will find it interesting to read.

This is what happened:-Early entry hotel guests were allowed into TDS at 8:45am. Those of us non-resort guests were allowed into DisneySea at opening time 9AM. We all *RAN* to get fastpasses right away or do standby. Many people were playing the dual game, meaning, one person getting FPs for the entire family or group, while others held spots in the standby line.

-The fastpass line extended into Waterfront Park. Fast pass distribution ended at 9:45am, with close to a thousand guests still in line for it, who were turned away, and many were visibly disappointed. My friend and I witnessed the whole thing while waiting in the standby line under a scorching Sun.

-I got FPs at 9:12am for a return time of 12:10-1:10pm. and immediately joined my friend in the standby line at 9:15am. We waited approximately 1 hr and 45 mins in the stand by line until riding. Lucky for us the ride did not break so the line moved at a pace, which allowed for a more enjoyable experience and plenty of time to take in the nice murals and other decor.

-Based on what I observed, when FPs ran out at 9:45am, many of those folks had no choice but to join the stand by line.. which may have been the reason for it posting a 400 minute wait time. However, I don't believe that anyone waited that long to ride, but who knows. However, by 1pm, the wait time on stand by was posted at 130 minutes and the overflow queue located in front of Tower of Terror was already cleared and no longer needed.

-When we returned to use our FPs at 12:45pm, we waited about 15 minutes in the Fastpass line to ride.

Seemed like by 2pm, the morning "storming of the ride" was over and things were back to a normal mode..