Halloween Daydream!!!

You cannot believe the quality of this fantastic video! Perfect wide angle and fantastic close-ups! "Papa Mickey" is my hero! Be sure and leave some nice comments on papaMICKEYokwy's videos. That user works really hard to share. I mean, this must have required staying at Miracosta, I think!^^

Part 1/2

Part 2/2

As for the show itself, I imagine it will have fewer international fans than Mysterious Masquerade due to a far heavier use of Japanese and a less "catchy" (though satisfyingly "epic") soundtrack. The English finale song didn't really "grab" me, either. The beginning music reminded me a little of Nightfall Glow, which I really liked. And I love the afro-skeleton costumes! But, overall, I think there need to be bigger set pieces, including at least one major one on the water, and more characters for a lagoon show. Welcome to Spring could get away with it because it was really a "Lido Isle show," but anything on the lagoon is naturally gonna bring up comparisons with Mythica and Candlelight Reflections. Compared with those, this seems fairly small. Still charming, though, in its way. Very much for Japanese fans, and very grounded in Mediterranean Harbor.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Halloween Daydream!!!

Thanks for the links. User Papa Mickey is amazing with the videos and editing. Highly recommend following them on YouTube because in time several more videos from angles and Characters will be taken from this show.

For the show yes its very much catered for the locals. Although my complaint is that its yet another Harbor show that we've seen so many times before. And it brings nothing new or fresh to the Park.

I'm pasting your longer quote from the other thread to give more context. Too bad we were posting at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I caught a couple of videos from YouTube and I have to say I was rather bored by the whole entertainment aspect to this years Halloween Event. Its all very nice but its just the same crap each year. The DisneySea show had some nice costumes but its nothing we haven't seen a million times before with all the Characters and performers dancing around the Harbor. Alright its new costumes and music but its the same repetitive stuff we get each year from them. Only difference is that the Harbor shows are not usually presented during Halloween. And these are basically larger scale Meet & Smile Shows anyway. The Parade is mostly the same or has the same tone to it with the newer soundtrack as previous years including the show mode. I'm sure for the local fan base who always come across as easy to please, will absolutely adore this stuff and raid the stores. But for this Disney Fan, I'd like to see something new, fresh and exciting offered next year. Although I won't be going since I have promised to take my friend to Walt Disney World in Florida instead.
    I see where you're coming from, Malin, but that seems a bit harsh to me. It is all new music and costumes. I agree that Mickey & Minnie's barge comes across significantly smaller than in the concept art, and that in general there is not as much concentrated into the space as the impact the concept art creates. I think there do need to be more set pieces and more performers, as I said above. I also think the choreography could be more exciting.

Still, I do think it has the potential for greatness. The costuming really does match the Harbor beautifully. My biggest gripe is of scale, I think. Honestly, Halloween Daydream doesn't feel so much bigger than the mini-show Mousequerade Dance, and Mysterious Masquerade had a *WOW* factor that never failed to impress, even after seeing it more than a dozen times...and even though it was just on a small stage. That's the thing about the lagoon; it really is "go BIG or go home" with those shows.

I also realized today that this show would completely replace Mythica throughout the Halloween season and also not be performed at night. I did not notice that before today. I guess I wasn't even thinking about the unlikelihood of them replacing Fantasmic! which already leaves me missing BraviSEAmo!. Especially if it's going to replace Mythica, I think it might be interesting to see the Mythica barges transformed into "monsters" or something. I miss seeing them; I'm actually kinda disappointed that show will be gone for two whole months. That's still overlays, though, and I know you're really talking about something new. I can't say I disagree, but I like the visuals. I'd just like it all to be much, much bigger. In truth, it does feel larger live than in the videos.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Thanks for posting, I agree with you DD. But I loved all the costumes! Where was Duffy??

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    ... Where was Duffy??
    Right?...

And what the heck is Marie doing there? I mean, that whole fad is over and she's barely even in costume. Geppetto and Pinocchio live in Mediterranean Harbor, but Marie is just "there" taking up space that could be used by someone much cuter, or y'know, empty air. Either way, better than Marie. I The Aristocats, and I love her in it, but something about the way she gets trotted out at TDS always just rubs me the wrong way...

• Resident of the Caldera

This show is small scale and boring. I can't believe I'm not going to get to see Mythica on my trip because of this measly offering. Seriously: could that one barge be any less impressive?
    Epic FAIL.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Yes it is strange that a full harbour show only has one barge. Lido Isle is fine with one barge. But in the past full habour shows have always had two barges.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Loves Mickey!

It was disappointing and I think it says a lot how people just cleared out after the show was over. Mickey and Minnie did not get off the float the entire time! It would have been fine as a Lido Isle greeting but should not have been made as a harbor show.
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

The Legend of Mythica is scheduled to begin again on September 22, so that's good news.

Yes, it really is. Thank you for posting. I wrongly assumed the schedule was for the duration of the Halloween event; I'm pleased to be corrected.

Are there any specifics as to where the various characters are stationed along the waters edge during the performance?

I am wondering if maybe another viewing location might make for a better show. I see some stilt walkers (or puppets?) in the distance, for example.