Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: When is the best time to visit Tokyo Disney Resort?

I found a crowd calendar that shows how busy the parks are. I'm pretty sure that you guys probably know this but here it is: ディズニーランド ディズニーシー 混雑予想カレンダー. I'm thinking of going either the last week Sept and first week of Oct OR the first two weeks of Sept. We chose this time because of the weather and crowds, and this is the best time availiable for us to travel. Any suggestions?? Which option would you pick based on weather and crowds? Again thanks for all the advice. I feel that I'm learning a lot from you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Going2TokyoDisney View Post

Never mind....I guess it does snow! So probably won't go in Dec, Jan, and Feb.
    Oh but it looks so pretty!! We were there the last week of October last year and I was shocked how cold it got at night. The wind off the bay can be quite strong and cool things down rapidly. I was freezing after the sun went down and only really had a thick sweatshirt style blazer.

Quote Originally Posted by blondiebunneh View Post
    Oh but it looks so pretty!! We were there the last week of October last year and I was shocked how cold it got at night. The wind off the bay can be quite strong and cool things down rapidly. I was freezing after the sun went down and only really had a thick sweatshirt style blazer.
    Yeah...I'm from Los Angeles so I can deal with heat and rain but not snow! So going during those times are definitely out of the question. I think I am leaning towards the option of going to Tokyo from the end of Sept to the end of the first week of Oct, so like from 9/17 - 10/4. I think that would be best for us weather-wise and price-wise. I read that going in the beginning of Sept can still be hot as the heat from August trails into early Sept. Is there anyone else that can weigh in on this?

• Resident of the Caldera

I was at the first Disneyana Fan Festival at TDR, which took place in February about 4 years ago. It snowed one day and I went to DisneySEA. Really an interesting experience. I don't like hot cocoa, but drank a lot of it because it was so cold.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I was at the first Disneyana Fan Festival at TDR, which took place in February about 4 years ago. It snowed one day and I went to DisneySEA. Really an interesting experience. I don't like hot cocoa, but drank a lot of it because it was so cold.
    Not a fan of the snow at all so I probably won't even think about going when it snows lol. With the weather websites, I think Sept/Oct best fit what we can handle. It's also always nice to go somewhere to end the Summer too.

Judging from the Crowd Calendar, you can't count on summer heat trailing off until around Sept. 21st.

i highly recommend checking out the park closure list to see what attractions are scheduled to be closed that time of year. It's listed under Park Schedule on the TDR website. The list is done well in advance and is normally very accurate.

Yup--something is always closed. That's a GREAT thing, because it means that every ride is in tip-top condition, something we rarely see in the US parks.

This year Big Thunder Mountain will be closed during my visit, but that's the price you pay for having parks where everything works!

Just try not to go when Pooh's Hunny Hunt or Journey to the Center of the Earth are closed. They're both unique in the world and will make your trip to the Tokyo Disney Resort more than worthwhile.

Yup--something is always closed. That's a GREAT thing, because it means that every ride is in tip-top condition, something we rarely see in the US parks.

This year Big Thunder Mountain will be closed during my visit, but that's the price you pay for having parks where everything works!

Just try not to go when Pooh's Hunny Hunt or Journey to the Center of the Earth are closed. They're both unique in the world and will make your trip to the Tokyo Disney Resort more than worthwhile.
    Okay thanks for your tip. I believe their refurbishment schedule comes out six months in advance? My travel dates are pretty set so all I can do is hope they are not being refurbed lol.

---------- Post added 10-02-2012 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shelemm View Post
    Judging from the Crowd Calendar, you can't count on summer heat trailing off until around Sept. 21st.

i highly recommend checking out the park closure list to see what attractions are scheduled to be closed that time of year. It's listed under Park Schedule on the TDR website. The list is done well in advance and is normally very accurate.
    I'll be in Tokyo the 17th of September but not in the park till 22nd of Sept. Hopefully it'll be cooler towards the end of September. And thanks for your suggestions...I'll definitely keep a frequent eye on the calendar.

I prefer the best time to visit Tokyo Disney land is in Cherry blossom season. I have been there during that season. In those days you can have a good weather condition and also you will get a chance to participate in cherry blossom festivals.
    An E cig is the best smoking alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by OttoCarr View Post
    I prefer the best time to visit Tokyo Disney land is in Cherry blossom season. I have been there during that season. In those days you can have a good weather condition and also you will get a chance to participate in cherry blossom festivals.
    Thanks for your opinion! I chosen to go in the Fall as it is the most convenient time for me in terms of price, crowd and weather.

UPDATE: Was originally planning for an Sept/Oct 2013 trip but it is now pushed back to Dec 2013 in time for the Christmas decor. I know I don't like the cold but seeing some pictures of recent decorations and festivities makes me want to change my dates. Also it just works out better due to school and work. So now the plan is to go during the Winter, in December. Any tips??? How is it like during the winter?
    Last edited by Going2TokyoDisney; 12-21-2012 at 01:39 AM.

The best time would, I think, be just when the Christmas decoractions go in. It slows down after Halloween, but gets busier as you get closer to Christmas.

The best time would, I think, be just when the Christmas decoractions go in. It slows down after Halloween, but gets busier as you get closer to Christmas.
    Okay cool. I saw on the crowd calendar and the crowds don't seem too bad from Tues-Thurs throughout the month of December. So I'll definitely go during those days. How cold does it get in December? I'm from So Cal so used to 40 degrees, but what is it like in Tokyo?

Quote Originally Posted by Going2TokyoDisney View Post
    Okay cool. I saw on the crowd calendar and the crowds don't seem too bad from Tues-Thurs throughout the month of December. So I'll definitely go during those days. How cold does it get in December? I'm from So Cal so used to 40 degrees, but what is it like in Tokyo?

UPDATE: Will most likely be in Japan towards the end of DEC. So might have to go during Xmas and New Years. Anyone can weigh in?

The park will be BUSY BUSY BUSY. Make sure you're on line at the gates 45 minutes to an hour before park opening and dress warmly. The weather is deceiving: just because it's 45 to 50 degrees, it won't seem comfortable because of the cold wind off Tokyo Bay. If you can stay at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel or Ambassador Hotel, do so, because you'll get early entry to Tokyo Disneyland.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast