Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: When is the best time to visit Tokyo Disney Resort?

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    The park will be BUSY BUSY BUSY. Make sure you're on line at the gates 45 minutes to an hour before park opening and dress warmly. The weather is deceiving: just because it's 45 to 50 degrees, it won't seem comfortable because of the cold wind off Tokyo Bay. If you can stay at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel or Ambassador Hotel, do so, because you'll get early entry to Tokyo Disneyland.

Thanks for your response. Guess I will have to have a very good touring plan to combat the crowds. Will definitely get there as early as possible and prioritize attractions that cannot be seen in the states. As for the weather, we will be sure to bundle up! As long as it does not snow I think we should be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    The park will be BUSY BUSY BUSY. Make sure you're on line at the gates 45 minutes to an hour before park opening and dress warmly. The weather is deceiving: just because it's 45 to 50 degrees, it won't seem comfortable because of the cold wind off Tokyo Bay. If you can stay at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel or Ambassador Hotel, do so, because you'll get early entry to Tokyo Disneyland.
    UPDATE: Looked at the crowd calendars and will go the second week MTWTH January 2014 when the crowds have gone. I know it will be cold, refurbs and there are shorter hours but at least no crowds. I think crowds is the number one thing I want to avoid especially how notoriously crowded this park is! Since I will be in Tokyo for 2.5 weeks from the end of DEC till BEG JAN, I will probably visit TDR at least once in DEC to see the XMAS decorations.

Quote Originally Posted by Going2TokyoDisney View Post
    UPDATE: Looked at the crowd calendars and will go the second week MTWTH January 2014 when the crowds have gone. I know it will be cold, refurbs and there are shorter hours but at least no crowds. I think crowds is the number one thing I want to avoid especially how notoriously crowded this park is! Since I will be in Tokyo for 2.5 weeks from the end of DEC till BEG JAN, I will probably visit TDR at least once in DEC to see the XMAS decorations.
    If you did visit this week, I hope you enjoyed the HUGE snow storm they had there yesterday. By the look of it on pictures.. seems like it was pretty intense. I also hope you hit the park before they took the christmas decor down since their holiday overlays usually end early on december 25th. let us know how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    If you did visit this week, I hope you enjoyed the HUGE snow storm they had there yesterday. By the look of it on pictures.. seems like it was pretty intense. I also hope you hit the park before they took the christmas decor down since their holiday overlays usually end early on december 25th. let us know how it went.
    Haha I'm actually half way around the globe away and not in Tokyo at all this year. I plan to visit JAN 2014 which is next year. I did see that a snow storm hit the resort though....never seen anything like it before as I am from California and it never snows in Anaheim. It will be interesting to see what it's like if it does snow when I go.

I'll be at the resort from May 7th through the 10th. Golden Week ends on the 6th this year and the crowd calendars look pretty reasonable, but does anyone have experience with the crowds in the days following the holiday? I've dealt with WDW during all the insanely crowded times of the year, (as well as the week Potter opened) but it'd be great to get an idea of what's in store for my friend and I.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123