Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

When is the best time to visit Tokyo Disney Resort?

Hello everyone! My first step in planning is figuring out which time is the best time to visit. I was wondering what would be the best time to visit the Tokyo Disney Resort? When is it the least crowded but also have longest hours opening (I know they open till 10 PM). Originally I am planning this trip to be in September 2013, but I wanted to see opinions from you guys first. If you experts can weigh in that would be great! I have never been to the Park in Tokyo, only the ones in Anaheim, Orlando and Paris. Thanks for the help and advice!

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: When is the best time to visit Tokyo Disney Resort?

Quick search of these forums reveals these past discussions that should answer your questions regarding best time to visit.

Best Time to Visit During Fall?
    Best Time(s) Of Year To Visit
    When To Go? What to see?
    Best time to visit?
    When is it the best time to visit the TDR
    Best Time to Visit?
    Best Time to visit TDR
    Last edited by Roger55; 09-13-2012 at 02:15 PM.

• Resident of the Caldera

The best time of year to visit, when it's neither terribly hot nor cold, and the crowds are low, are the last two weeks of April just BEFORE Golden Week.

September is still very hot and humid and I would avoid it. Just look at the photos on Deep Disney and you can see it's still in the high 80s, low 90s, and humid.

If you love Halloween, go during the first two weeks of October.

If you love Christmas, go durnig the first two weeks of December (though it can be quite cold).

If you just want to go when the parks are at their most quiet, then it's January/February, when it's VERY cold.

And make sure that you go during the week! Depending on how many days you'll stay, if you have only three days, then go Tuesday through Thursday. If you have four days, then go Monday through Thursday. Mondays and Fridays can be a little busy, but the weekends are a total nightmare.

And make sure that you're on line at the park gate at least 30 to 45 minutes before park opening. That's a must.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    Quick search of these forums reveals these past discussions that should answer your questions regarding best time to visit.

Best Time to Visit During Fall?
    Best Time(s) Of Year To Visit
    When To Go? What to see?
    Best time to visit?
    When is it the best time to visit the TDR
    Best Time to Visit?
    Best Time to visit TDR
    Thanks for your help. I read all of those threads and everyone seems to have their own opinion about when to go! Lol, I guess it's not as easy to planning for Tokyo Disney vs planning for WDW.

---------- Post added 09-15-2012 at 08:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    The best time of year to visit, when it's neither terribly hot nor cold, and the crowds are low, are the last two weeks of April just BEFORE Golden Week.

September is still very hot and humid and I would avoid it. Just look at the photos on Deep Disney and you can see it's still in the high 80s, low 90s, and humid.

If you love Halloween, go during the first two weeks of October.

If you love Christmas, go durnig the first two weeks of December (though it can be quite cold).

If you just want to go when the parks are at their most quiet, then it's January/February, when it's VERY cold.

And make sure that you go during the week! Depending on how many days you'll stay, if you have only three days, then go Tuesday through Thursday. If you have four days, then go Monday through Thursday. Mondays and Fridays can be a little busy, but the weekends are a total nightmare.

And make sure that you're on line at the park gate at least 30 to 45 minutes before park opening. That's a must.
    Thanks for your analysis. I know for sure that I am visiting Tokyo Disney during the week TUE WED THUR since its known to be notoriously busy during the weekend. I know it's humid in September (Japan vs Orlando which is more humid? ) but what about the crowds? Also you said to visit during the first two weeks of Oct, how are the crowds then? Thanks for your help!

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Going2TokyoDisney View Post
    Thanks for your help. I read all of those threads and everyone seems to have their own opinion about when to go! Lol, I guess it's not as easy to planning for Tokyo Disney vs planning for WDW.
    There is a good reason why so many people have differing opinions to your question. That is because there is no "one" right answer. Anyone claiming with certainty that their answer is the right one for you either is your BFF, close family or happen to have the same travel criteria as you.

Since I meet none of those criterias, I wanted to share other opinions so hopefully you could see what all of them are and match up the suggestions to what best fits your situation.

Good luck picking your time and have a great time.

The first two weeks of October are when I choose to visit because it's not as hot and humid as September (and Tokyo is much more humid than Orlando), and it's less busy that the last two weeks of October. For me, it's the perfect time. I love Halloween, so that's why I make my choice based on these criteria.

If you don't give a crap about Halloween, then you really should go during the last two weeks of April, but before Golden Week. The weather is, overall, very good and there are no crowds at all.

The first two weeks of October are when I choose to visit because it's not as hot and humid as September (and Tokyo is much more humid than Orlando), and it's less busy that the last two weeks of October. For me, it's the perfect time. I love Halloween, so that's why I make my choice based on these criteria.

If you don't give a crap about Halloween, then you really should go during the last two weeks of April, but before Golden Week. The weather is, overall, very good and there are no crowds at all.
    Thanks for your opinion again! I am probably going to plan it to be end of Sept going into early Oct. So far the plan is to be in Tokyo for two weeks so one week in late Sept and one week in early Oct. I do like the Halloween decorations that they do in the states so it would be interesting to see how Tokyo Disney does it!

• Banned User

If I were you I would prefer the Christmas Holidays or Winter events.If youre going next year theres gonna be down side to that, That's Because It's THE HAPPINESS YEAR Its going tobe wild throughout the year just like the 25th anniversary did. But you should go there in Christmas season November is the best time just go Tuesdays,Wednesdays or Thursdays.

Except it's cold in the winter in Tokyo, particularly just off the bay, and for people from the US, that's a very unusual way to visit a Disney park.

Except it's cold in the winter in Tokyo, particularly just off the bay, and for people from the US, that's a very unusual way to visit a Disney park.
    Exactly how cold can it get? So cold that it snows?

Quote Originally Posted by Going2TokyoDisney View Post
    Exactly how cold can it get? So cold that it snows?

Never mind....I guess it does snow! So probably won't go in Dec, Jan, and Feb.

December is cold, but not freezing, and snow is unlikely. January and February are colder and it's more likely to snow.

I have found a website that suggests which time is best to go not only to Tokyo but also to the rest of the world. The website is: Best Weather in Tokyo, Japan | Weather2Travel. Basically it shows a summary of what it is like throughout the year in the destination of interest. It shows average temperatures, rainfall, UV levels, and even humidity levels. With these information, you can adjust accordingly to what suits you best and it will spit out a month of when to visit. Just thought I would like to share a tool that I use to see how the weather in Tokyo is.
    Last edited by Going2TokyoDisney; 09-22-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Cool! I will use that also in my planning. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast