Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How many days is the perfect stay to fully experience Tokyo Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBrunette View Post
    Plan to be enchanted by the adorable Duffy. He is everywhere in TDR. He has his own store in the Cape Cod area of TDS but, you can find him in almost all of the TDS shops. The Duffy merchandise is of higher quality in the Tokyo parks than the ones in the US parks.

Are you planning on seeing a bit of Tokyo as well?

I highly suggest the 100% Chocolate Cafe in Ginza. There is no English menu so, just politely point at the items that look good to you. (Hint: everything is good!) 100ChocolateCafe.b

We had a great time at the 100 Yen shops. Daiso is the name of one of the chains. I brought back some adorable kawaii (cute) things for my niece and my son got a bag full of Stitch stuff.
    Yes, I will be sight seeing in Tokyo quite a bit. And that's funny how Duffy is so popular there! I have to see it for myself to believe it. But I will definitely check out this Chocolate Cafe you speak of. Big fans of chocolate.

---------- Post added 09-26-2012 at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    If you book a Disney hotel through the TDR English Website, you have the option of booking the two dinner show venues in English 30 days in advance through the same site.

I recently booked Pecos Goofy's Horseshoe Revue and Mickey and Minnie's Polynesian Paradise for my upcoming trip.

On a past trip I booked the Diamond Horseshoe in English over the phone. When did this Japanese Online form start?
    Thanks for the advice! Did not even know that. We will probably call for the Disneyland Hotel or book it through the website. But thanks for the heads up on dining reservations.

Update: read about the wonderful things that are in TDR...and opted to add one or two more days at the parks. As this is an once in a lifetime visitation I feel that with more time I would have more optimal touring of the resort! Next step is to find out about the must do's and organize park days..

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    (except the hamburgers at the Tomorrowland Terrace).
    Yes, that is true, those were disappointing. BUT BE FOREWARNED! At night many of the dinner places start to close after the parade before the park closes. We ended up unable to find dinner our first night in TDL other than the Tomorrowland Terrace. Mmm...Curry Burgers. Needless to say we didn't like that and made sure not to fall in that trap the rest of the week. So plan on not waiting until close for dinner in TDL.

OKAY, back on topic.

Regarding Blue Bayou, we were able to walk in with no problem for an early dinner with no reservation at about 5pm. Unfortunately.

We ordered three dishes, and didn't think the food was even acceptable, much less 'good'. The menu is completely different except for a gumbo. The Japanese idea of a gumbo is no better than the American idea of ramen.

The biggest disappointment will be that the single best item is not on the menu: the monte cristo. The BB in DL has an exceptional version.

No doubt food in the parks at DL is not part of the magical experience, with the exception of BB. Also I had an exceptional lobster salad at Storytellers Cafe where it seems the menu items are better than the buffet.

• Resident of the Caldera

My experience at the Blue Bayou in TDL has always been the filet mignon.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    My experience at the Blue Bayou in TDL has always been the filet mignon.
    I will definitely visit Blue Bayou in TDL...it is also the best thing in Disneyland Anaheim and their filet mignon is the best!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12