Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary 'The Happiness Year' 4/15/2013 through 3/20/

There is already a 30th Anniversary CD out with the theme song from the event as well as notable, earlier, anniversary songs. I bought it last week at the park. The new parade is a stunner: one of the best. Can't wait to see it again later this year. As most will know, it's windy in the parks, and the final parade float is very tall and the parade doesn't run if it's too windy.

Received my 30th Anniversary blu-ray set from amazon.co.jp--it costs 25% less than in the parks.

Our Mice Chat get together on the 15th, opening day of the anniversary, was fun: Magical Nezumi, Dream Sweets Love. TDL FAN (who really must be allowed to post here again and bring this area of the Mice Chat board back to life) and his partner, plus me and two of my Japanese friends. We all had a terrific lunch at the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall and SEVERAL 30th Anniversary Un-birthday cakes were eaten!

TONS of new merchandise. The lenticular pass holder in the shape of a balloon was very nice. All of the limited edition items that will be sold via lottery are on display in the Disney Gallery and there is also a beautifully printed brochure showing everything.

I believe there are 8 or 9 new tricks in the Tokyo Disneyland Magic Shop specifically themed with artwork for the 30th Anniversary.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Creative Director

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary 'The Happiness Year' 4/15/2013 through 3/20/

^ That's pretty common though right? That parades don't run at TDL if it's too windy?
    Jubilation! would have some costumes changes when it got too windy right?
    Last edited by tcsnwhite; 04-19-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Does anyone know if TDL plans to release the slow version of Happiness Is Here? It is played after the Fireworks:

TDL 30周年プレビュー「ハピネス・オン・ ハイ」 Fireworks "Happiness on High" Pre-View - YouTube

It might well be on the 12 CD box coming out this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    It might well be on the 12 CD box coming out this summer.
    Awesome! When this Summer? June? July? August?

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    There is already a 30th Anniversary CD out with the theme song from the event as well as notable, earlier, anniversary songs. I bought it last week at the park. The new parade is a stunner: one of the best. Can't wait to see it again later this year. As most will know, it's windy in the parks, and the final parade float is very tall and the parade doesn't run if it's too windy.

Received my 30th Anniversary blu-ray set from amazon.co.jp--it costs 25% less than in the parks.

Our Mice Chat get together on the 15th, opening day of the anniversary, was fun: Magical Nezumi, Dream Sweets Love. TDL FAN (who really must be allowed to post here again and bring this area of the Mice Chat board back to life) and his partner, plus me and two of my Japanese friends. We all had a terrific lunch at the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall and SEVERAL 30th Anniversary Un-birthday cakes were eaten!

TONS of new merchandise. The lenticular pass holder in the shape of a balloon was very nice. All of the limited edition items that will be sold via lottery are on display in the Disney Gallery and there is also a beautifully printed brochure showing everything.

I believe there are 8 or 9 new tricks in the Tokyo Disneyland Magic Shop specifically themed with artwork for the 30th Anniversary.
    That's so COOL!!! I'm so totally jealous. I would've loved being there and meeting other posters, especially on such special day. Thanks for this update.

Quote Originally Posted by DFL86 View Post
    Does anyone know if TDL plans to release the slow version of Happiness Is Here? It is played after the Fireworks:

TDL 30‘年ƒ—ƒƒ“ƒƒ€Œƒƒ”ƒ‚ƒ‚ƒƒ ƒ‚€ Fireworks "Happiness on High" Pre-View - YouTube
    Oh my gosh!!! The castle looks WONDERFUL!! What a nice and elegant light show with the fireworks. Watching this video made my eyes tear. Amazes me what a sentimental rush I get from this park. Thank you for posting this link. I too would like to have this music on cd.

• You have much to learn...

I just got back from my trip to TDR for the 30th anniversary. Even though I was there on my own I had a fantastic time & bought tons of merchandise.

Originally I wasn't too crazy about the Happiness is here theme and the use of balloons (since I'm not a balloon lover), but everything worked well and I loved it.

I loved the main entrances in both parks. I did think that the park seemed a little light on decorations, but still loved what I saw, and wished for more.

I wasn't blown away by the parade, it seemed a little too simplistic and even a bit shorter than previous parades the park has offered-but I loved the music. I think I was expecting a bit more of the characters and a few more floats for the 30th-but even with my few gripes, I enjoyed it.

There was one thing that I hadn't seen before in my many trips to the resort. I was walking across the bridge to Westernland and saw a cast member holding a basket. I was getting closer to see what was in it, when a guest approached her with yen & she handed him a churro. I thought it was odd and a little tackey to be selling churros out of a basket. Now they may have been doing this in the past, but I had not seen it done before.

I had a great time with Spring Voyage in TDS as well & thought it was a cute idea with the balloon decor there in the different areas of the park. I just wonder why they didn't have a spot in either Mediterranean Harbor or in the New York waterfront areas with the balloons as well since they normally have all themed areas of the park tied into the current anniv or program.

Once again, I had the best time & can't wait to go back in November.

I came across this link from a friend regarding special prices on weekday passes: 首都圏ウィークデースペシャルパス ート | 東京ディズニーリゾート

Unfortunately, I can only read so much Japanese, especially when kanji is involved, and google translate is no help on images. Can someone please confirm what I think it says, that you can buy these 1 day passports at the Disney Stores in certain areas. Comparing it to the Disney Store shop list, looks like mainly Kanto region: ディズニーストア|お近くのディズ ーストア. I would like to not have to go to Maihama the day before to buy a ticket or worry about getting it the day of since I'm going solo and will not have someone to save a place in line for me while I go buy a ticket at the ticket counter.

BTW, I know it's cheaper to buy a 2-day passports, but as I'm working around a friend's schedule, it's better for me to split my days, so this would be quite helpful to buy 2 1-day passports and it'll only cost 300 yen more.

• You have much to learn...

You may have not seen it, but in your first link if you click on the english tab near the top right you can see the site in english.

Here's a direct link to to the english site Park Tickets | Tokyo Disney Resort

The park tickets tab also gives you info on where and how to buy tickets as well

I must be missing it because I don't see anything on the English ticket page about the special discount on weekday 1-day passports they're selling for the 30th anniversary. These are discounted tickets for weekdays only from 4/3/13 through 7/12/13. I know where and how to buy regular tickets, but I wasn't sure if there are any purchase restrictions on these because they're discount tickets.

The week before you were there, JediMaster, there were quite a few castmembers with baskets selling beverages and light snacks in different areas of the park. It's a good alternative when lines at every food location are long. Even though I hated the vending machines when they first put them in, they are great when all you want is a drink and don't want to wait on line.

Has anybody bought any of the 30th anniversary merchandise yet.

So far i have the purchased a vinylmation and 30th anniversary pin. plan on buying the duffy t-shirt (don't know which one yet), shot glass, blue bayou special souvenir glass, pressed pennies, pen, towel, and many more
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• Sock Puppet

Does anybody know what they are doing in front of Cinderella Castle? http://daily.deepdisney.com/img3/130...2013050900.JPG

Setting up the stage for the summer show

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast