Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• I also like Stitch!

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary 'The Happiness Year' 4/15/2013 through 3/20/

The Dream Keys were my favorite part of the 25th and how they were the overriding motif in all the major shows (Except Springtime Sun, but that wouldn't have fit anywhere without being random) I can't help but wonder what they will use this year if they go for an item to represent happiness.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Creative Director

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary 'The Happiness Year' 4/15/2013 through 3/20/

The last anniversary 'motif' was keys.

I think this time it's balloons (as it seems that's the parade concept).

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    The last anniversary 'motif' was keys.

I think this time it's balloons (as it seems that's the parade concept).
    Disney World's last anniversary motif was "pink castle" and every motif since then has been NOTHING.

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    Disney World's last anniversary motif was "pink castle" and every motif since then has been NOTHING.
    Well, the person asked about Tokyo Disneyland...not Walt Disney World.

• Tokyo Disney is life!

I know some of you are starting to get impatient (), to help ease the wait here's a picture of Happiness used for TDL's 2013 calender:

They all looks so classy!

You can't really see this in the above picture, but take a look at this zoom in of Mickey's hat...

Name:  picresized_1357165292_mhhh.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  164.3 KB

The little touch of having the castle inside Mickey's head. One of those little details that no one does like OLC!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I dunno whom you are speaking of Thanks for you constant hunting down of details and pictures!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Just another Disney fan..

I'm not a big fan of the "Rubber Head" artwork like in the photo above.

I'd much rather see the more cartoon/animated artwork of the characters if they are going to draw them. Of course if it's a photograph the rubber heads are just fine!

Also curious Danimated... what calendar is that you are showing? It isn't the same as the official TDR calendar I have hanging in my office. Is it maybe the OLC Cast Member calendar? I don't recall seeing that calendar on sale at TDR.

Here is a photo of the official TDR 2013 calendar for April.

Last edited by Roger55; 01-02-2013 at 06:33 PM.

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    Also curious Danimated... what calendar is that you are showing? It isn't the same as the official TDR calendar I have hanging in my office. Is it maybe the OLC Cast Member calendar?
    That's the one!

Here's a look at Funderful's version:

• Resident of the Caldera

How can they have a celebration centered around balloons when there's a shortage of helium in Japan and they're not even selling balloons in the parks anymore?
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    How can they have a celebration centered around balloons when there's a shortage of helium in Japan and they're not even selling balloons in the parks anymore?
    Fair point but I dont think they anticipated the helium shortage when they planned the 30th. And the helium shortage can be quickly solved depending on how soon some of the plants get back online...

• Tokyo Disney is life!

TDR released a new panoramic advertisement in the Japanese press. Nice! Would've preferred cartoony, though.

TDR is also going to be releasing a DVD and Blu-ray box set retracing 30 years of the Resort:

Pics, vid and details here. Sure is beautiful! The set will go on sale April 17th, two days after Happiness starts. Individual volumes will also be available to purchase at later dates. Sure is tempting...

Is it actually a documentary, or just recordings of the Parades?

• Munchings & Crunchings

It is just recordings of the shows and parades, uncut. There are 4 discs, and each has 5 shows or parades on it. Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.

Some have not been available for sale before. I did notice one person posted a review...yeah, premature, but they said that the Electrical Parade was not recorded in HD, and they were disappointed by that. I am too, especially if you're buying the blu-ray version which should be in HD when possible.

So, from what I can gather, here are the shows and parades included. I'll note the versions SD (standard definition) and HD (high definition)

Spring:
    TDL: Tokyo Disneyland 10th Anniversary show "It's Magical!" SD
    TDL: Club Disney Super Dancin' Mania 2nd Stage "Disco Fever" SD
    TDS: Spring Carnival Fairy Primavera HD
    TDL: Easter Wonderland HD
    TDS: BraviSEAmo! HD

Summer:
    TDL: Mickey Mania parade SD
    TDL: Blazing Rhythms HD
    TDL: Cool the Heat HD
    TDS: Bonfire Dance HD
    TDL: Disney's Dreams on Parade "Moving On" HD

Fall:
    TDL: Haunted Rockin' Street Halloween Parade HD
    TDS: Mysterious Masquerade HD
    TDL: Halloween Street Welcome to SpookyVille HD
    TDS: 10th Anniversary "Be Magical!" HD
    TDL: One Man's Dream (Final Performance) SD

Winter:
    TDL: Cinderellabration Lights of Romance HD
    TDS: Rhythms of the World HD
    TDL: Mickey's Jolly Snowtime HD
    TDS: Candlelight Reflections HD
    TDL: Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade SD

Now, the complaint about the Electrical Parade was probably about the lack of Dreamlights, because there really isn't a way that the original recording of the TDLEP would even be in HD, since it was retired in 1995.
    Last edited by gurgi; 01-12-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Thanks for that, I was hoping for more of a documentary on the past 30 years of the resort.

• Resident of the Caldera

I've pre-ordered it. 465 minutes!
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast