Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary 'The Happiness Year' 4/15/2013 through 3/20/

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    I've been following this as close or closer than most everyone here.

While I do share my disappointment, I don't go as far as to pout, whine or throw a hissy fit. I still go and enjoy what is offered. I also don't discourage others from going. And i certainly don't throw out overreactive, overly dramatic threats about going "somewhere else" as a way of showing my disappointment.
    Who's making dramatic threats. My flights are all booked for Hong Kong. Your saying that I'm whining and throwing a hissy fit. Yet all I'm doing is using these boards which are an open public forum to voice my disapointment over the continued decline in offerings. Which given the fact prices continue to go up and solid attendance numbers continue to be announced by the OLC, that I have a right to point out. What I'm not doing is complaining but still deciding to visit twice a year. Also you say I'm discouraging others from visiting but your response to Janell's post is doing exactly the same. Although I am glad you are speaking out towards the weak offerings because its making others like even Travis do the same.

I would like to point out despite my frustrations and wanting TDR to meet its previous high standards. I do look forward to perhaps next year making a return to the Resort to see the new Parade once the Anniversary madness calms down.
    Last edited by Malin; 02-10-2013 at 03:35 AM.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary 'The Happiness Year' 4/15/2013 through 3/20/

I was thinking of the merchandice. I see your point in the entertainment area maybe lacking in comparison to other TDR events. If you compare it to what they do in the states TDR is still leading and doing a lot more.
    Although Merchandise is how Walt Disney World recently celebrated Epcot's 30th Anniversary. And your pointing it out to be a highlight of Tokyo Disney Resorts 30th Anniversary Event. Interesting... Although you are right in regards to the seasonal events. At least TDR still offer them for free. But that's only thanks to the higher merchandise sales which help pay for these wonderful events.

Happiness is here has only 52 performers what i read in te japanese version there were 130 performers.
    Happiness will feature 52 Characters and 130 performers.

Also, perhaps existing entertainment events will be ramped up for the 30th? I'm thinking here about "Mickey's Jolly Snow Time" during 25th Anniversary Christmas — was that announced from the earliest press releases?
    The last Castle Show for the 25th Anniversary wasn't introduced until the January to April phase so still hope yet.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    ...Happiness will feature 52 Characters and 130 performers.

The last Castle Show for the 25th Anniversary wasn't introduced until the January to April phase so still hope yet.
    Thanks for the clarification and info, Malin! While you're right that we tend to expect more than merchandising from TDR and the OLC, I think the scope and quality of the merchandising alone is dramatically different, comparing "Happiness Year" offerings to the relatively quite slim offerings for EPCOT. Even if it was only merchandise (which it is not), there would still be a clear lead by TDR.

But I see where you're coming from when I think back to TDR's 25th - I loved it, but some said at the time that it was less impressive than previous years - particularly the 15th. And from everything I've seen about the TDS 5th, it was sublime.

The 30th does seem a little light on the shows, but at TDS at least, they've been ramping up atmosphere entertainment like the Fun Custodian and impromptu small band performances. It's not the same thing, but it's spontaneous and kinetic, which seems like the energy of the 30th. The Happiness Cam app sounds very exciting to me, too, and so does the Happiness Sharing Pendant. I know that's a merchandise thing, too, but the experience sounds potentially very special. Still, I do hope to see at least one castle show before the year's out, and a staged show in TDS, too.

I shall will be there April 15-18. I hope it isn't too busy. Being a weekday and after Spring Break.
    Anyone know of the showtime schedule for these days?

Thanks
    Brian

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort

• Resident of the Caldera

Hey Brian, I'll be there, too. Keep an eye out for a middle-aged Westerner.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

There will be quite a bit of us there! I am there 14-18th.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Loves Mickey!

I'll be there too!
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

• Resident of the Caldera

Shall we all meet for lunch at the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall in Tokyo Disneyland at, say, 11 am on the 15th?
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

I am pretty sure we will notice each other. Westerner with islander GF. Probably representing my park with Disneyland Gear on.

My plan is TDL on the 15th TDS on the 16th, and park hop on 17th and 18th. Staying at the Sheraton.

Anyone have the show/parade/Fantasmic/etc... schedule on those dates? I want to make sure I catch them all since I have been raving about them to my GF.

Is the best plan still Pooh FP, to Pooh, to use Pooh FP, to Space Mtn FP, etc... wait to ride Monsters Inc until later in the day?
    Or should I get Monsters Inc FP first then SB for Pooh?

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Shall we all meet for lunch at the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall in Tokyo Disneyland at, say, 11 am on the 15th?

Sounds good!
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    I am pretty sure we will notice each other. Westerner with islander GF. Probably representing my park with Disneyland Gear on.

My plan is TDL on the 15th TDS on the 16th, and park hop on 17th and 18th. Staying at the Sheraton.

Anyone have the show/parade/Fantasmic/etc... schedule on those dates? I want to make sure I catch them all since I have been raving about them to my GF.

Is the best plan still Pooh FP, to Pooh, to use Pooh FP, to Space Mtn FP, etc... wait to ride Monsters Inc until later in the day?
    Or should I get Monsters Inc FP first then SB for Pooh?
    We basically have the same exact plans. The night of the 14th we are staying at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, but after that we will be staying our remaining nights at the Sheraton.

Entertainment schedule is generally posted one month prior!
    Last edited by TravisMT81; 02-15-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• You have much to learn...

Although I haven't booked anything yet, I'm hoping to be coming that week as well-When I actually book something, I'll post it here. Would love to meet some of you. I'd most likely be at the Hilton, unless Sheraton rates are better.

Is there a 30th CD box set or album planned? If so any details or release date?

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Partial preview from the April issue of DisneyFan:

The vinys are kinda cute... the little shopping bag accessory helps a bit. Bottom right hand corner looks like coasters or pin badges. Can't wait to see more.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Danimated View Post
    Bottom right hand corner looks like coasters or pin badges. Can't wait to see more.
    If you mean the bottom LEFT corner, I believe they are buttons or what are referred to in Japan as can badges (缶バッジ).

When I get a chance I'll look at my copy of Disney Fan and verify this is the case.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast