Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tokyo Disney Hotel Questions

Now that I narrowed down the amount of days and the time to visit, I also figured out where to stay. I am about 90 percent sure that I want to make reservations for the Disneyland Hotel, but have a few questions before I do. If you can help me out that would be great!

So Here are the Questions:

1. Is it easier/better to make reservations through the phone or online?
    2. When can I make reservations?
    3. Is there a difference booking through the phone or online?
    4. How can I make a reservation if I wanna stay more than 5 nights? (I know that online they only allow a person to book up to 5 nights only.)
    5. Any opinions/tips about the Disneyland Hotel?

If you guys have any knowledge to share please do! There will probably more questions that I will ask later. This is my first time booking a hotel in Tokyo Disney. Thanks!

Re: Tokyo Disney Hotel Questions

I can answer some of your questions....I found it really easy to book the hotels there at the resort online. I believe, that you can only make reservations 6 months in advance, and yes you should do it then, cause they do fill up quickly. For some reason I do believe that I had to call them, and that was easy as well, and they spoke very good English.

• World Famous Gold Mickey

I had similar questions and other questions and went to the Disney Travel office in Downtown Disneyland (it might be closed now due to Earls) and they couldn't answer or help with anything. They didn't know nothing about Dinsney Tokyo, Disney Paris, Disney World, Disney Hong Kong or the Disney Cruise Line. Its true I swear - I couldn't believe it. They just kept telling me to look on the web. A lot of Disney Fans would love to go to the other Disney Parks around the world or on a Disney Cruise and Disney is really missing the boat on this. I would love to go to Disney Tokyo or Disney Paris and it is shame I can't get information I need especialy from Disney. Good Luck with your trip I hope to go one day too !

Welcome to the Disney Travel Company with travel to nowhere.

I've done both and I think I prefer online. You can see all the available rooms right I front of you before you make a selection. When the time comes to make restaurant reservations, you just add them on to the reservation online as well.

If you want more than 5 nights, book five nights under your name and then the additional nights under the name of someone else in your group. This is what the site says.

Once I booked six nights over the phone, but the CM needed approval from their manager before booking.

Some rooms are only available over the phone, but I don't know which. Maybe the turret rooms?

I loved the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. This will be my second time staying there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I've done both and I think I prefer online. You can see all the available rooms right I front of you before you make a selection. When the time comes to make restaurant reservations, you just add them on to the reservation online as well.

If you want more than 5 nights, book five nights under your name and then the additional nights under the name of someone else in your group. This is what the site says.

Once I booked six nights over the phone, but the CM needed approval from their manager before booking.

Some rooms are only available over the phone, but I don't know which. Maybe the turret rooms?

I loved the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. This will be my second time staying there.
    Thanks for answering some of the questions I posted! So if I want more than 5 nights, I book with my UserID and my partner's UserID...does that mean that we would have to switch rooms on the fifth night or would they let us stay in the same room?

---------- Post added 10-03-2012 at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GUYNYC View Post
    I can answer some of your questions....I found it really easy to book the hotels there at the resort online. I believe, that you can only make reservations 6 months in advance, and yes you should do it then, cause they do fill up quickly. For some reason I do believe that I had to call them, and that was easy as well, and they spoke very good English.
    I am assuming that availability of rooms are posted online 6 months at midnight (Japan Time) before arrival date. So booking online 6 months in advance would be the advantageous option instead of calling as the phone lines are probably not open at midnight? Because I am from LA, midnight in Japan is 8 am in LA, so I would have to book at 8 am. Correct me if I am wrong...I just want to put myself in an position where I can get the best possible price, availability and room. Thanks!

I am not 100% sure, but I would guess maybe if you spoke to an English speaking CM at check in about the situation they may link your reservations together? I am not sure, sorry. When I stayed 6 nights, it was split stay at two Disney hotels so I didn't have that situation.

You'll be fine booking online six months before, and it doesn't have to be 12:01. The prices at the Hotels there aren't like the airline prices or some of the bigger hotel chains where the earlier you book the cheaper. I believe they stay pretty much the same because they can-cause they often reach capacity...you can take a look at the site as they have different prices for different seasons and days--you'll get a sense of what are premium nights or discounted nights. But I don't believe you'll see the same room go up in price at say 5 months. I don't know the hours of the phone center, but you will have to keep the time change in mind when and if you call.

Okay, so based on the answers you guys gave, reservation is opened 6 months prior arrival date. I will definitely make my reservation when my dates become available! I will probably or most likely will book the rooms online with my name and my partner's name so we can stay more than 5 nights and then call them to merge the reservations into one so we won't have to change rooms. If there is anymore tips feel free to comment! I appreciate the knowledge that people provide!

I am 90 percent sure that I want to book the Disneyland Hotel...any tips, opinions and REVIEWS about this hotel? Thanks for the help!

I can see that there are different room categories such as standard, park view and grand park view. Which of these do you recommend? I also read on the website that standard rooms face towards the park as well? How does it make it different from a park view? Any tips and advice I can get would be great! Thanks again!

If you can afford it, go for the Park View room. What's really cool, is you can hear the music all day long and until late at night. So you won't miss a moment of "the magic".

Quote Originally Posted by GUYNYC View Post
    If you can afford it, go for the Park View room. What's really cool, is you can hear the music all day long and until late at night. So you won't miss a moment of "the magic".
    Thanks for the suggestion! I saw pictures of the hotel on Tripadvisor and my god it's amazing! IT IS LUXURY AT ITS FINEST. Disney has definitely outdone themselves this time. The resort feels and looks like a Ritz Carlton, or a upscale version of the Disneyland Hotel in Paris and the the Grand Floridian in Florida. Wish we had a hotel of this caliber in the states. It just makes me more excited to stay there!

Guys I have two questions...based on your experiences at the Disneyland hotel....

Does the Disneyland hotel have a laundry room? Does it also have free wifi? If not how much does it cost?

Can u tell me about it.s payment for one room for a mounth

Quote Originally Posted by Going2TokyoDisney View Post
    Guys I have two questions...based on your experiences at the Disneyland hotel....

Does the Disneyland hotel have a laundry room? Does it also have free wifi? If not how much does it cost?
    Can anyone help me answer the questions above? Thanks again!

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Going2TokyoDisney View Post
    Can anyone help me answer the questions above? Thanks again!
    Based on my last stay there, there is a coin operated laundry room on the first floor west side of the hotel.

There was no WiFi at that time and based on how things are in most of Japan, I doubt their is free WiFi or WiFi of any kind in the rooms. Someone might have more recent information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast