• Frequent WDW Visitor

Question Refurbishment Schedules

Hi everyone,

I'm in the very early stages of tentatively planning a possible trip to TDR in 2013. (Should I be more clear that it's not set in stone yet?) Problem is I'm going to have to ask for the time off at the end of this year to make sure my friends and I can all get it. I really, really don't want to be there when Hunny Hunt, JTCE, or Tower of Terror are down for rehab, or really anything that's unique to Tokyo and/or an iconic Disney attraction that's better in TDR than Orlando (Splash, Space, and Haunted Mansion come to mind). I planned a trip back in 2007 where we were able to see everything except, I think, the Tiki Room and Super Duper Jumpin' Time.

Bottom line question: Do refurbishment schedules stay roughly the same year to year? Based on my trip in 2007 vs. last year, it seems they don't, but if the change is incremental, it may be pretty similar from 2012 to 2013. Does anyone pay enough attention to these things to remember and/or know where I can find past refurbishment schedules for comparison?

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: Refurbishment Schedules

The schedules definitely change, and you can be assured that something will be closed for rehab while you're there. All of that is actually a good thing.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Frequent WDW Visitor

Thanks for the reply! You won't find any disagreement here. I wish the stateside parks would close things annually for refurbishments. I just want to make sure I don't miss the signature attractions on my trip if possible. So there's no predictable pattern to the closures, then?

•   

You can check the Resort schedule. They put up the lists for closures super early. The closure schedule has the rides that are being closed through April 2013 listed currently. Temporary Closure of Park Facilities | Tokyo Disney Resort
    ~Tamika

• Frequent WDW Visitor

Yeah, it seems like they go six months out, which will unfortunately be two or three months shy of what I need to know when I request time off in late December for early next September(ish). But I can definitely use that information to see what will have already had a rehab by then, so that will come in handy. Thanks!

• Resident of the Caldera

Certain rides get rehabbed for varying amounts of time every year, like Journey to the Center of the Earth and Pooh's Hunny Hunt. If you don't see them listed as being rehabbed in the six-month period preceding your visit, you've got about a 25% chance of one of them being closed on your visit.

Journey to the Center of the Earth was closed on my first two visits to DisneySea! After I rode it 5 times on my third visit, I started being more careful about when I booked.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.