Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pick one of the Disney Owned Hotels!

Just for FUN!!!

If you can have a chance to stay in one of the Disney owned hotels which one would you pick and why? What view/room would you request?

So choose between the hotels:

Tokyo Disneyland Hotel
    Disney Miracosta Hotel
    Disney Ambassador Hotel

And give your reasons why! Pros and Cons are welcomed!

I would pick the Disneyland Hotel with the Park View because this hotel is walking distance to Disneyland. It is also the newer resort which boasts an impressive atrium. The theme and room decor is also a pro in staying at this hotel. Now I want to hear what you guys think!

Re: Pick one of the Disney Owned Hotels!

I would pick the Donald Duck room at the Disney Ambassador Hotel. If only I had that kind of money!

• Resident of the Caldera

I have stayed at all three of the Disney hotels. All are beautiful with wonderful service.

The Disneyland Hotel and the Miracosta are the showcases, and you pay for it--at least $500 a night.

The Ambassador is a much more intimate and low key hotel and has a decidedly different ambience that I like. It's also nice to walk out the back door into Ikspiari. But it's not really on the monorail line, which is why it's the only hotel that has Resort Cruiser buses that run to both theme parks. In fact, when I stayed at The Ambassador, I never took the monorail once. The lack of easy monorail service contributes to the much lower room cost at The Ambassador.

For the money, the Hilton Tokyo Bay is the best value. Nicest Hilton with the best staff, and it's on the monorail line. I usually get a room (which is large by Japanese standards) for just over $200 a night.

The most important reason, if you're a veteran park-goer, to stay at the Disneyland Hotel or Miracosta is early entry. With the crowd levels at these parks, the few extra minutes headstart you get is GOLD. I don't know if you get early entry for either park if you stay at The Ambassador. (If you stay at the Disneyland Hotel, you only get early entry for Tokyo Disneyland; if you stay at the Miracosta, you only get entry for DisneySea.)

Most people seem to have strong opinions about which hotel they prefer. All are booked pretty solid most of the time.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

I'm going to the resort for the first time in November. Because Pinocchio is my favorite Disney movie, I had to choose the MiraCosta - PortoParadiso view. It's very expensive and we've had to budget carefully in order to attain the ability to stay there.

If I'm ever fortunate enough to go again, I would probably stay at the Hilton - but I want to have a chance to stay inside the park this first time.

• Resident of the Caldera

Don't neglect your early entry--they will lead you to the right side of Mediterranean Harbor, where you will wait until the park opens, but you will be first to either Toy Story Mania or Tower of Terror. Get a FastPass and immediately go to Journey to the Center of the Earth and ride it!
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Don't neglect your early entry--they will lead you to the right side of Mediterranean Harbor, where you will wait until the park opens, but you will be first to either Toy Story Mania or Tower of Terror. Get a FastPass and immediately go to Journey to the Center of the Earth and ride it!
    I assume this only applies to the people staying at the Miracosta. Whereas the people at Disneyland Hotel get early entry to Disneyland? Or do all the Disney Hotels have the benefits of getting into the parks early?

Dang that's the theme park view in the Miracosta!?!?

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Pick one of the Disney Owned Hotels!

Superb advice! Although, both times I've stayed on property (Alice Room event at TDLH and Duffy Room event at M), I was so enthralled with taking pictures into the wee hours of the morning that we were unable to wake up for early entry!

Quote Originally Posted by Going2TokyoDisney View Post
    I assume this only applies to the people staying at the Miracosta. Whereas the people at Disneyland Hotel get early entry to Disneyland? Or do all the Disney Hotels have the benefits of getting into the parks early?
    Fortunately Fukai answered before you even asked!

…The most important reason, if you're a veteran park-goer, to stay at the Disneyland Hotel or Miracosta is early entry. With the crowd levels at these parks, the few extra minutes headstart you get is GOLD. I don't know if you get early entry for either park if you stay at The Ambassador. (If you stay at the Disneyland Hotel, you only get early entry for Tokyo Disneyland; if you stay at the Miracosta, you only get entry for DisneySea.)

Most people seem to have strong opinions about which hotel they prefer. All are booked pretty solid most of the time.
    Personally, I have no interest in the Ambassador; its design is just unappealing to me. I loved the very strong "Disney" vibe at TDLH, but prefer the more subtle and, to my eye, more sophisticated grandeur of the Miracosta, personally. I also prefer DisneySEA to Disneyland, and when Duffy has a special room with bonus exclusive merchandise, it's all over for me!

That is the view of the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and it's quite impressive...but don't know if it's worth the extra cost. Can anyone give opinions?? I feel that the Miracosta has the better view.

But it's not really on the monorail line, which is why it's the only hotel that has Resort Cruiser buses that run to both theme parks. In fact, when I stayed at The Ambassador, I never took the monorail once. The lack of easy monorail service contributes to the much lower room cost at The Ambassador.
    Having just stayed at the Ambassador, I think that there is little or no practical disadvantage to the lack of easy monorail service. The buses pick-up at the lobby and drop off at bus depots that are as close to the parks as the monorail stations. It's probably faster/easier to get to either park from the Ambassador than to get to Disneyland from the MiraCosta or to DisneySea from the Disneyland Hotel.

The most important reason, if you're a veteran park-goer, to stay at the Disneyland Hotel or Miracosta is early entry. With the crowd levels at these parks, the few extra minutes headstart you get is GOLD. I don't know if you get early entry for either park if you stay at The Ambassador.
    At least as of this past week, we were provided vouchers for early entry to Disneyland, but not to DisneySea.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers View Post
    Having just stayed at the Ambassador, I think that there is little or no practical disadvantage to the lack of easy monorail service. The buses pick-up at the lobby and drop off at bus depots that are as close to the parks as the monorail stations. It's probably faster/easier to get to either park from the Ambassador than to get to Disneyland from the MiraCosta or to DisneySea from the Disneyland Hotel.

At least as of this past week, we were provided vouchers for early entry to Disneyland, but not to DisneySea.
    Ohhh...so there's a bus that takes guests from the Ambassador to the parks, sounds like it's also free. I will have a look at the Ambassador as well!

---------- Post added 11-16-2012 at 11:15 PM ----------

I'm guessing there's no special view rooms for the Ambassador Hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by Going2TokyoDisney View Post
    I'm guessing there's no special view rooms for the Ambassador Hotel?
    I don't believe that there are view-based room classes at the Ambassador. There are some rooms that are Donald Duck themed, and early next year some Mickey- and Minnie-themed rooms will be added.

Our booking was for a standard room, but it had an expansive balcony and looked directly at the building for the now-closed Cirque de Soleil show, with a distant view of the MiraCosta.

Name:  Ambassador-Cirque.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  37.6 KB
    Name:  Ambassador-MiraCosta.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  41.8 KB

Not too badd....

• Not here to help

Miracosta is in the best themepark in the world. But perhaps a night or two at TDL Hotel would be good also if cash and time wouldn´t be an issue.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Simply amazing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast