• You have much to learn...

Is there WiFi at the rseort??

Ok, I'm new at having a smartphone. I know I don't have an international calling plan, but assume I can connect to the internet if wifi is available. I was wondering mainly if it was available either free, or for a charge at the Hilton at Tokyo Bay. I know they have the 2 computers for use in the lobby, but it would be much easier from the room.

I was also wondering if the parks had it at all too.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: Is there WiFi at the rseort??

It is strange but Japan does not seem to be big on wifi in hotels. And around the city everything is pay wifi. Now I am not sure about the Hilton, but at the Sheraton they only have wifi in the lobby and club lounge. I always take my router and make my own hot spot in my room LOL!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Just another Disney fan..

I use this tiny WiFi adaptor that takes a standard wired RJ-45 internet connection (like you will find in your hotel room) and turns it into a WiFi hotspot. All you need is an ethernet cable (usually available from the hotel) and USB power source.

It is very compact and much easier to travel with compared to a router. One negative is that there is no security code necessary to log in so others in the area can also log into your hotspot if they see it. In Japan I don't think this will be an issue at the hotels unless you have foriegners nearby your room searching for WiFi. And if you unplug it they are out of luck. (^_-)

Wi-Fi Express Adapter - Motorola DROID RAZR HD
    Last edited by Roger55; 10-21-2012 at 01:48 AM. Reason: I can't spell OR type. :(

Thanks for the info. My friend who's traveling with me knows a bit more than I do, so with your suggestions, we should be ok~thanks for the help.

• Resident of the Caldera

Having just returned from a week at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, I am happy to report that while they used to charge $15 a day for internet service in your room, it is now FREE (using their ethernet cable). And the water and soft drinks in the mini-fridge are also now free (they used to charge for those). I was staying in a Celebrio room with ocean view.

But there is no wifi in the rooms as far as I could tell. Those used to using their iPads for email are SOL.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

I'm here at the Hilton now. They do have it in the room. We were upgraded to a Celebrio room & I'm usung it now-maybe only some rooms have it right now. It's a weak signal though 7 somehow it only connects while I'm in or near the bathroom.

At least it works-either that or I'm going to have a really big cel bill when I get home.

• Resident of the Caldera

If you return home to find a huge cell phone bill, claim that your phone was stolen while you were overseas and you didn't notice it was missing from your suitcase.

Nah, that won't work, because they'll look at who you called. Nevermind.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.