Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Star Tours: The Adventure Continues Opens 2013,5,7

Do they have something else planned for the overflow queue?

Because Tomorrowland looks a little bit crowded now.

• I'm a Lutheran

All I can say is... thank goodness the line in the stateside theme parks is only 40 minutes.

So, how is it? I know it's the same attraction, but Tokyo has been known to provide better quality.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Nutty about Disney parks

Did the showbuilding for Star Tours in TDL always look like that? Cuz this is the first time I've seen it like that and it looks amazing!
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yes that's how the Star Tours building has always looked. And from what I've seen, it is EXACTLY the same ride update the US parks got.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSweetsLove View Post
    What do you think of the FP location for Star Tours? It was really smart of them to put it out of the way to avoid a bottleneck in that area but it's maybe too close to the lottery area?
    Where exactly is the FP location? I know my hubby will have to try and get one for our trip in 2 weeks. And what is this lottery???

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by LizCatMom View Post
    Where exactly is the FP location? I know my hubby will have to try and get one for our trip in 2 weeks. And what is this lottery???
    I wouldn't waste getting a FP for Start Tours because the queue is very fast moving checking the time right now it's only forty minutes. Stick with getting FP's for Pooh, Monsters, Splash, etc.

The FP machines are outside the lottery building and next to the FP's for Space mountain. Also LizCatMom I noticed in another post you mentioned giving your husband your tickets to get FP's in the morning, just remember you have to enter the park with him to activate the tickets.

The lottery building is used to enter a random drawing to be able to see certain shows. Right now you can enter to see OMDII but during the summer for example you can enter to see the castle shows. You just scan your groups tickets together and the machine will print out your tickets if you win.
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSweetsLove View Post
    I wouldn't waste getting a FP for Start Tours because the queue is very fast moving checking the time right now it's only forty minutes. Stick with getting FP's for Pooh, Monsters, Splash, etc.

The FP machines are outside the lottery building and next to the FP's for Space mountain. Also LizCatMom I noticed in another post you mentioned giving your husband your tickets to get FP's in the morning, just remember you have to enter the park with him to activate the tickets.

The lottery building is used to enter a random drawing to be able to see certain shows. Right now you can enter to see OMDII but during the summer for example you can enter to see the castle shows. You just scan your groups tickets together and the machine will print out your tickets if you win.
    Thanks for the head's up about that! I can only imagine how annoyed my hubby would have been if he had waited all that time only to discover he would've only been able to get a single FP. Looks like we'll all be in line early, then.

Ah, it has been so long since we've seen OMDII and we caught the first show that I don't even remember there being a lottery for it. I was hoping it was some sort of lottery for something NEW! But, I had tried the lottery for Big Band Beat at DisneySea on our most recent trip back in December and was bummed not to have gotten seats. I mean, we've seen it before, but always from the balcony.

I will keep watching the wait/standby times for Star Tours just to see if it will be better to get FPs elsewhere (Pooh's Hunny Hunt!)

• Resident of the Caldera

I can't believe the crowd! Holy crap!

I'm betting they're going to move the custom cell-phone-charm seasonal thing out of Cosmic Encounters now because of the crowd.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Has anyone taken a look at the wait times? It looks like the lines are long (thanks, DeepDisney!), but I'm so curious as to wait times after hearing about Toy Story Midway Mania when it first opened.
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
    Has anyone taken a look at the wait times? It looks like the lines are long (thanks, DeepDisney!), but I'm so curious as to wait times after hearing about Toy Story Midway Mania when it first opened.
    On opening day Star Tours had long moments for the line and short moments, it's really good at eating up crowds and the cast with practice was able to handle the crowd well. Yes, in the morning it was like in the deep picture but around two hours later the line was just barely outside the door and then would get longer again an hour later when people realized the wait was short but nothing like in the morning.
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'm not surprised by the crowds. And anyone could see this was going to be a issue with Star Tours re opening. Monsters Inc, Star Tours, One Man's Dream II and Space Mountain are all located in that small space. It was always going to be a concern.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234