• Surfin the net with Duffy

Colors of Christmas

2012TDS

Crooked Tree ;-) Still cute addition, but certainly no stage show.

Glad to see both Duffy and Shellie on the barge.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Re: Colors of Christmas

Cute video!
    For the love of Disney....

• Just another Disney fan..

Thanks for sharing. And this does indeed confirm that the Fantasmic! hat is used and it is unaltered resulting in a "crooked" or "tilted" tree.

Will be checking it out for myself tomorrow!

PapaMickey does a great job covering all the TDR entertaiment.

Here is a better video and angle!

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.

• Not here to help

Not as good as the old Christmas show. Not really good at all. When it comes to DisneySEA one expects more. Just Ok.
    They talked too much. Just be silent and enjoy the spirit of the season. But no... they had to babble for 11 minutes.
    Oh well...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

It's very poor, hope this is not a new trend for them because the Halloween show wasn't too great either. No new music. It's all recycled from previous years. The tree is the same barge that's used during Fantasmic only with different graphics. And Timmy I think the talking was done to hide the fact this show offers nothing of any great interest. While other Disney parks fail to offer regular changes to there seasonal entertainment. What we do get out of them is usually rather good. Take for instance the delightful Castle Show in front of Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom. Sometimes I'd rather see something of good quality stick around year after year then get regular changes that fail to impress. And are done only to push merchandise sales. This has me re considering visiting next year!

• Not here to help

Very true Malin. The constant nagging is just filling.

I think this is a way to save some money after the tsunami.

Itīs just sad that anything would have been better. Imagine a voice , like the one in Fantasmic, speaking about christmas... and there could be a christmas tree that did not lean.

I think this is the first thing about DisneySEA that I really donīt like. I take back that the show is Ok... itīs not.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Banned User

@Timmy I think youre right about the saving money.
    I mean look at summer,Halloween,christmas season this year at both parks,they are offering something new in a big way but in reality it is less.Last year they said that they were building something about the electricity and stuff I maybe wrong. but I think that is one of the reasons why the seasonal events this year are less entertaining but it is an OK show or They are making something big for next years anniversary celebration.

• Just another Disney fan..

I think it has more to do with putting their resources towards getting ready for the 30th anniversary vs tring to save money after the tsunami. If ou remember, attendance bounced back to record levels once things settled down post earthquake/tsunami.

• I'm a Lutheran

This'd definitely not make me reconsider a trip to TDL or TDS. Come on! Missing out on two of the world's best theme parks'd be like missing out on dinner because the plate isn't colorful enough.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    It's very poor, hope this is not a new trend for them because the Halloween show wasn't too great either. No new music. It's all recycled from previous years. The tree is the same barge that's used during Fantasmic only with different graphics. And Timmy I think the talking was done to hide the fact this show offers nothing of any great interest. While other Disney parks fail to offer regular changes to there seasonal entertainment. What we do get out of them is usually rather good. Take for instance the delightful Castle Show in front of Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom. Sometimes I'd rather see something of good quality stick around year after year then get regular changes that fail to impress. And are done only to push merchandise sales. This has me re considering visiting next year!
    I will agree with this poster about this show being very poor as I have seen video of the previous lagoon Christmas show, and it appeared to be of better quality. However, I disagree with the "delightful" castle Christmas show at the Magic Kingdom park. Probably participant Malin did not get to see the old "Sparkling Christmas Spectacular" castle show which was 3 times bigger, better and more delightful than the current holiday castle show at the Magic Kingdom. But I also can understand why people would find the current "Celebrate the Season" show delightful since it is a better offering when compared to the mediocre regular offerings at that particular park.
    In regards to Tokyo Disney Sea.. well yes, I expected more from their lagoon holiday show. Big disappointment. Still, I would go to Tokyo Disney gladly over the Disney World any day.

• Resident of the Caldera

I have a friend who works for OLC. He told me that they spent many many millions to build electrical generators that will kick in automatically in case of a general power loss. They obviously aren't using them for normal stuff, like air conditioning, which was in short supply when I visited in October. It was pretty hot--I got a sunburn, and it was also warm inside many of the rides. It was just plain hot inside the shops.

Considering that everything is looked at in terms of the gross income or loss for the year, the expense for the generators could easily wipe out the income generated by record park attendance.

So, it could be a combination of what Roger said, saving for the 30th, and paying for the generators. Whatever it is, the Halloween cutbacks at Tokyo Disneyland were evident all over the park except the hub. Fingers crossed for better things next year.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

We just returned from our first visit. After a whole day of being blown away by Disneysea, Colors of Christmas was the only time my partner and I looked at each other and said, "that's it?" The only part I liked was the post-show - I liked the Holiday music that would get loud to signal a change in decoration on the Fantasmic tree. Still, it was such an amazing day that the show did not dampen out spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    I will agree with this poster about this show being very poor as I have seen video of the previous lagoon Christmas show, and it appeared to be of better quality. However, I disagree with the "delightful" castle Christmas show at the Magic Kingdom park. Probably participant Malin did not get to see the old "Sparkling Christmas Spectacular" castle show which was 3 times bigger, better and more delightful than the current holiday castle show at the Magic Kingdom. But I also can understand why people would find the current "Celebrate the Season" show delightful since it is a better offering when compared to the mediocre regular offerings at that particular park.
    In regards to Tokyo Disney Sea.. well yes, I expected more from their lagoon holiday show. Big disappointment. Still, I would go to Tokyo Disney gladly over the Disney World any day.
    That show was Tokyo Disneyland stage show calibur!! It has a huge cast and they actually used lifts and a broad range of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    That show was Tokyo Disneyland stage show calibur!! It has a huge cast and they actually used lifts and a broad range of characters.
    Oh Thank goodness someone else remembers this show. LOL I was beginning to believe I am too old for these forums. LOL But you are correct as THAT was a real Disney holiday show. My favorite moment was at the end of the show when the dancers stood on the upper levels of Cinderella Castle wearing the Electrical parade-style lit up costumes. What magical sight and show ending. I miss it.