Why Tokyo Haunted Mansion doesn't have any enhancements like in United States?

I noticed that The Haunted Mansion in Tokyo, are the only mansion without modern effects like in the United States ,the new floating Madame Leota and the new attic, why is that are there trying to preserve the ride without any enhancements?

Re: Why Tokyo Haunted Mansion doesn't have any enhancements like in United States?

They probably don't see a reason to add these said "Enhancements", the ride is already extremely popular with the Japanese Crowd, so adding these effects probably wouldn't do much to further enhance it.

Who knows, it might be in the works, but considering how long the US has had these effects, makes me think that they won't add them anytime soon.

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: Why Tokyo Haunted Mansion doesn't have any enhancements like in United States?

All parks are not, and do not have to be equal.

The same type of questions could be asked why doesn't WDW do the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay? Or why doesn't DL have all the more sophisticated animatronics in its version of NBC like TDL has?

• Resident of the Caldera

Or why doesn't the Walt Disney World Haunted Mansion have the same effects which the Tokyo Mansion has had for decades, like the walking book and the book whose pages turn themselves in the library. And the portrait in the Corridor of Doors where the face pushes out toward you as your doombuggy moves away from it. The Tokyo Mansion has it own charms.

I would say, however, that it seems likely that it will eventually receive some of the upgrades which the Orlando and Anaheim Mansions have received. The floating of Leota's head, and the upgrade to the attic, both are not hugely complicated. The installation of the upside down room from Orlando would, I think, be more expensive and time consuming. WDI is certainly able to come up with something better for that decrepit "spider" room if OLC wants it (and you should note that the spiders all have articulated legs in the Tokyo Mansion, which they did not in the Orlando Mansion).

While the Pirates of the Caribbean ride received its upgrade in short order because of the popularity of the films, I think those which will come to the Mansion will take longer. Perhaps even until Del Toro's film comes out--if it ever comes out.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Or why doesn't the Walt Disney World Haunted Mansion have the same effects which the Tokyo Mansion has had for decades, like the walking book and the book whose pages turn themselves in the library. And the portrait in the Corridor of Doors where the face pushes out toward you as your doombuggy moves away from it. The Tokyo Mansion has it own charms.
    THANK YOU!! Those were the little details from Tokyo's Haunted mansion that captivated me and my kids the most. Not to mention the black light paint that makes some of the sets in the mansion glow (as opposed to them being quite dark in FL, such as the library scene.
    Also, the japanese are lucky to enjoy the Nightmare Overlay for three months every year. Those visitors to Orlando have never enjoyed that, and probably never will. So I believe visitors to Tokyo's Haunted Mansion receive more value there.

Now, that is not to disagree that improvements made to Haunted Mansion in FL were nice but this is my problem with it: employees rushing visitors from one scene to the next before boarding the ride vehicles. What was the point to improve the show when we are not being given the chance to enjoy it with at a slower pace?

Back to Tokyo.. if there is one attraction in Fantasyland that needs to be improved right away, that would be Dumbo. Sorry but in a park so crowded, having the 1971 Magic Kingdom version of Dumbo is plain horrible.

• Minion

Because the old effects work fine, and the artistic result is superior?

• Resident of the Caldera

I think having the globe holding Madame Leota's head float is superior to having it sit on the table as long as the lighting is consistent so it doesn't reveal the method. But that is hard to attain, as anyone who goes to Disneyland regularly knows.

And I certainly think the new attic is superior to the old one (which was a weak spot, in my opinion).

I think Walt Disney would have endorsed, indeed pushed for, the type of changes we've seen in both the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.