Thread: TDL Railroad

•   

TDL Railroad

Why dose TDL Railroad dose not go around the park like the other disneyland park?

Re: TDL Railroad

Apparently... because any transportation attraction that picks you up in one place but drops you off in another must be government run (or something like that). However this doesn't explain why the boats and trollies in DisneySea are able to transport you free of charge.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

MactheMan is close, but it has to do with the railway regulations. Having more than the one stop would have made it a railroad and made the trains subject to regulatory oversight. They would have been required to publish and keep to a schedule (a late train in Japan recieves a hefty fine). I think it also may have meant charging a regulated fee as well. The Tokyo Disney Resort Monorail is operated under these regulations. Something must have changed or an exception made, as there is the Electric Railway at Tokyo DisneySEA and I have never seen mention of it being subject to these regulations.

• Will return Soon...

From memory, with the Electric Railyway, it doesn't meet the minimum length that a railway must be to be imposed with government regulations and fares etc.

• Resident of the Caldera

Its precisely because of those regulations that Wester River Railroad is a unique version of the Disneyland Railroad--it's like no other. It's an attraction, not a form of transportation that tired people just hop on to get back to the front of the park. There's a lot to see and it's amazingly well integrated into several other attractions. You really feel like you're in another part of the world when you ride it (best done at night, and even better when it's dark and rainy).
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigglesworth003 View Post
    From memory, with the Electric Railyway, it doesn't meet the minimum length that a railway must be to be imposed with government regulations and fares etc.
    That makes sense. I've only ever heard mention of the number of stops when Western River Railroad is mentioned, and most of that comes from older information. I wonder if the Electric Railroad is like the tall structures at Walt Disney World and is something like a centimeter short of being within regulatory oversight.

It would be hard from a thematic point of view to justify seeing the DisneySEA Electric Railway in either Mediterranean Harbor or Lost River Delta, the two directions in which it could go if the track is longer.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    It would be hard from a thematic point of view to justify seeing the DisneySEA Electric Railway in either Mediterranean Harbor or Lost River Delta, the two directions in which it could go if the track is longer.
    I understand that, but my question was more about the specifics of its length. The Hollywood Tower Hotel and Forbidden Mountain at Walt Disney World are 199 feet tall because if they were 200 feet tall they would be required to have an aircraft warning light. I'm wondering if, for example, railroads become regulated at 100 meters in length, is the Electric Railroad 99 meters so that it similarly skirts the regulations?

Quote Originally Posted by LuizzeOliveira View Post
    Hello everyone, I have no more idea about the TDL Railroad of Tokyo so, I have faced so many confusion. I want to know about TDL Railroad in Tokyo. Can anyone here give me best information about it..? Thank you in advance.
    Without giving too much away, please think of it as a ride/attraction and not like a mode of transportation as in the States.

• I'm a Lutheran

From what I've seen and heard, it's a fantastic attraction unique to the park in its own special way. Rather than starting at Main Street (World Bazaar), this train has its one and only stop in Adventureland, right above the Jungle Cruise boathouse. The train meanders its way through the jungle, around the perimeter of the Jungle Cruise, and then into the well-themed forests of Westernland, far superior to anything we have in the other parks' Rivers of America. If I remember correctly, they still have a burning cabin, although not actually on fire like its stateside counterparts. The rest of the ride consists of a perimeter trip around the Rivers of America shoreline and then alongside Big Thunder before entering a clone of Disneyland's Primeval World and reentering Adventureland shortly thereafter.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Maneatingwreath is correct on all counts.