Do you still need to run to Toy Story?

Heading back to TDR in a couple of weeks. We've been a handful of times, but not in the past 2 years, and certainly not since Toy Story has opened at DS. We, of course, want to ride it, but we are wondering if hubby should just take off and grab the FPs and then me and the girls (ages 4 and 3) will meet him afterwards. So, is it still so very popular that we should split our party up and have him RUN to the ride? Also, where exactly, in reference to the entrance to the ride, can you find the FP machines?

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: Do you still need to run to Toy Story?

FP typically run out for the day 20-40 minutes after gate opening. If you don't arrive at least 1.5 hours prior to gate opening on weekdays, you end up too far back in line to get into the gates to even have the "opportunity" to make a dash for the FP line.

I don't know how early you have to get there on a weekend, but personally I would get there at least 2 hours prior to opening.

This information is based on my experience two and a half weeks ago.

As far as where the FP machines are, enter the park and head left over the bridge to the American Waterfront area. Unless you are there VERY early and run VERY fast, you will probably start seeing the line as you approach the Broadway Music Theater. The machines are righ in Toyville Trolly Park, but the end of the line will be way beyond the entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    FP typically run out for the day 20-40 minutes after gate opening. If you don't arrive at least 1.5 hours prior to gate opening on weekdays, you end up too far back in line to get into the gates to even have the "opportunity" to make a dash for the FP line.

I don't know how early you have to get there on a weekend, but personally I would get there at least 2 hours prior to opening.

This information is based on my experience two and a half weeks ago.

As far as where the FP machines are, enter the park and head left over the bridge to the American Waterfront area. Unless you are there VERY early and run VERY fast, you will probably start seeing the line as you approach the Broadway Music Theater. The machines are righ in Toyville Trolly Park, but the end of the line will be way beyond the entrance.
    Wow. Still runs out before the end of the first hour, huh? Our first 2 nights we will be staying at Miracosta, so it would be a huge advantage to use their Early Guest Entrance into the park, huh? I think I will still send hubby off to manage the crowds on his own and I'll just push the stroller over at a more leisurely pace.

Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it.

Good information from Roger55. Our japanese friends just went there last weekend and she tells me they arrived about 45 minuted before gates opened and ran to Toy Story as soon as they got in. The Fastpass line was very long and were able to get fastpass for the evening between 8pm-9pm. That's how crazy it is!!!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

This is what happens when you build a low capacity attraction with slow loading times in a Park like Tokyo DisneySea where all Guests want to ride the newest attraction. Has capacity improved on this version or can it only still manage less then 900 Guests an hour?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do believe that part of the problem is having Fastpass. Toy Story Mania wait times, like most other attractions similar in capacity (Monsters Hide and Go seek, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Tower of Terror, etc) could see shorter lines if there was no Fastpass available. I think regular wait times at Toy Story mania in California Adventures are for the most one hour or less, even on crowded park days, and I think the Tokyo parks would benefit from NOT having Fastpass. The stampede in the morning are primarily due to visitors running to get Fastpass. Take Fastpass out and i think many visitors will pace themselves better and opt for a later time of the day to experience the rides. Just saying of course.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I do believe that part of the problem is having Fastpass. Toy Story Mania wait times, like most other attractions similar in capacity (Monsters Hide and Go seek, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Tower of Terror, etc) could see shorter lines if there was no Fastpass available. I think regular wait times at Toy Story mania in California Adventures are for the most one hour or less, even on crowded park days, and I think the Tokyo parks would benefit from NOT having Fastpass. The stampede in the morning are primarily due to visitors running to get Fastpass. Take Fastpass out and i think many visitors will pace themselves better and opt for a later time of the day to experience the rides. Just saying of course.

I totally agree. At Disney California Adventure I've never waited more than 40 minutes on a crowded day.
    ~Tamika

• Resident of the Caldera

Wait time for Toy Story Mania at DCA is consistently 40 to 45 minutes.
    I wish they had not removed the Single Rider Line, and I wish it HAD Fastpass.

I don't like to stand in line for anything for 45 minutes.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.