Bringing snacks into the park

My girls, ages 4 and 3, may have a hard time with the different food, particularly my 4 year old. Are the cast members at the gate (or those checking bags) pretty strict about letting you bring food in? I will feel better if I can bring in some things I know she will eat in the way of snacks. If not, I see her shaking her head at a lot of things because it looks different. I've done a lot of research and know that some Western type food (chicken nuggets) can be found in Disneyland, but she can't eat that every day for 4 days.

Have you brought food into the parks before?

Thanks!

Re: Bringing snacks into the park

We used to take just small candy snacks into the park a few years ago, but I'm not sure if they've changed their rules about outside food.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Yes as long as it isnt canned or glass they dont care. youre "supposed" to eat it in the picnic area but no one will care if you have a homemade meal in the park, i suggest eating it on tom sawyer island on the picnic tables

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Most of the food inside the parks is catered to western pallets. Nuggets, Pizza, Fries, Burgers, Pasta, Fried Chicken, sandwiches and Hot dogs are all available through out both the parks. Believe it or not but Restaurant Hokusai and Restaurant Sakura are the only ones on site to my knowledge that serve Japanese food. Quite a bit of Chinese food can also be found. So I'm not sure you need to be too worried.

• Resident of the Caldera

I see people eating food they've brought in all the time--usually while they're sitting on the ground waiting for the parade.

I have never, ever, seen anyone sitting at the picnic tables to the left of the front gate.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

•   
    • Banned User

Its amazing how much leniency you'll get when you mention a medical condition ( allergic to peanut oil, allergic to soy, allergic to water and oxygen, etc. ) and the need to import certain foods that don't trigger a medical reaction. No one wants litigation and it's easier to just nod and let you through than split hairs over what's allergenic and what isn't. They deal in volume and a reasonable explanation like that is usually a green light to let you through.