Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: Splash Mountain

  1. #31

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    227

    Re: Splash Mountain

    I believe that is the Cool The Heat summer event? I think DisneySea does a similar event. I've seen video of it. So much fun!! I want to see this next summer if we get to visit again. I love the audience reaction to the water cannons. LOL But I was told people who see this *know* they will get drenched, so I assume those who don't want to get wet can see the show from a distance?
    ????? TDL ????????? cool the heat 2011 ???? 2011/07/09 - YouTube

  2. #32

    • Just another Disney fan..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Near "The Original"
    Posts
    842

    Re: Splash Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    I believe that is the Cool The Heat summer event? I think DisneySea does a similar event. I've seen video of it. So much fun!! I want to see this next summer if we get to visit again. I love the audience reaction to the water cannons. LOL But I was told people who see this *know* they will get drenched, so I assume those who don't want to get wet can see the show from a distance?
    ????? TDL ????????? cool the heat 2011 ???? 2011/07/09 - YouTube
    2012 summer event was Tokyo Disneyland Natsu Matsuri. It was a brand new show that featured a dance competions starting from the first show and concluding at the last show. Each show duirng the day was different.

  3. #33

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    170

    Re: Splash Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    But I was told people who see this *know* they will get drenched, so I assume those who don't want to get wet can see the show from a distance?
    ????? TDL ????????? cool the heat 2011 ???? 2011/07/09 - YouTube
    I am living proof that not EVERYONE knows about getting drenched. I think most people do, but we saw some others that were completely taken by surprise as well.

    Yes, it is possible to view the show from a distance since it is performed directly in front of the castle. We went for the evening show because we didn't want to bake in the hot summer sun.

    Here is the YouTube link to the evening finale I saw, which was an elaborate show. the video is 24 minutes long and mostly a close-up of the performers. The ending is spectacular:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMG7VPL85V0
    Last edited by shelemm; 01-27-2013 at 05:37 AM.

  4. #34

    • Loves Mickey!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Shinurayasu
    Posts
    1,359

    Re: Splash Mountain

    Absolutely love Natsu Matsuri! I'm surprised you didn't know you would get wet though since they announce it in English as well as Japanese. That and almost everyone wearing ponchos and putting their belongings in plastic bags under the bench!

    It's funny to bring this show during the winter up because just this week my son said he wished he could see it again. I can't wait for summer even if they keep it exactly the same it's one of our absolute favorites!

    This is another video taken from the front row!


    Another from A section inside the wet zone at night
    Last edited by DreamSweetsLove; 01-28-2013 at 01:48 AM.
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

  5. #35

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    164

    Re: Splash Mountain

    I hope to go back this summer to be able to see/participate in this show. I'm just mean enough that I wouldn't tell my hubby or my girls and just see what happens when we get soaked! I think it would be hysterical!

  6. #36

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    170

    Re: Splash Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSweetsLove View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't know you would get wet though since they announce it in English as well as Japanese. That and almost everyone wearing ponchos and putting their belongings in plastic bags under the bench!
    ALMOST is the key word here. I have been to other amusement parks, and the Japanese have a tendency to get out the ponchos whether you are likely to get wet or not. They scream and giggle in delight even at a drop of water on some of the wet rides. So when I saw many (but not all) wearing ponchos, I didn't really expect it to be that drenching. I have never seen anything like it before in my life. I thought at most it would be like DCA's Pixar Play Parade.

    Also, we got our tickets in Tomorrowland just 30 minutes prior, didn't sit down until just before the show, and I am pretty sure we missed the announcements.

    Since it was our last thing to do in the park, I didn't mind it being a total surprise. In fact, it was amazing. My feeling about water attractions is that, if you're supposed to get wet, then wearing a poncho is like...... well, I better not say on a family forum.

  7. #37

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    170

    Re: Splash Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by LizCatMom View Post
    I hope to go back this summer to be able to see/participate in this show. I'm just mean enough that I wouldn't tell my hubby or my girls and just see what happens when we get soaked! I think it would be hysterical!
    I totally agree with this sentiment. Don't tell them. I'm a big believer in the delight of surprises.

    It's like how I can't stand to see movie previews that show you the entire story. I never go to the movie, because I feel like I've seen it already.

    My theory is that putting in for the lottery at the last moment is a good strategy. All else being equal, no waiting on a long line just for the chance of getting tickets. Maybe we got lucky, but it worked for us twice.

  8. #38

    • Loves Mickey!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Shinurayasu
    Posts
    1,359

    Re: Splash Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by shelemm View Post
    ALMOST is the key word here. I have been to other amusement parks, and the Japanese have a tendency to get out the ponchos whether you are likely to get wet or not. They scream and giggle in delight even at a drop of water on some of the wet rides. So when I saw many (but not all) wearing ponchos, I didn't really expect it to be that drenching. I have never seen anything like it before in my life. I thought at most it would be like DCA's Pixar Play Parade.

    Also, we got our tickets in Tomorrowland just 30 minutes prior, didn't sit down until just before the show, and I am pretty sure we missed the announcements.

    Since it was our last thing to do in the park, I didn't mind it being a total surprise. In fact, it was amazing. My feeling about water attractions is that, if you're supposed to get wet, then wearing a poncho is like...... well, I better not say on a family forum.
    Ok, I can see why it was a surprise! I think towards the end of the event for the second to last and last show unless you bring another set of clothes ponchos are a good idea because it starts getting chillier at night and the clothes may not dry all the way. Also if you want to ride attractions right after!

    My theory is that putting in for the lottery at the last moment is a good strategy. All else being equal, no waiting on a long line just for the chance of getting tickets. Maybe we got lucky, but it worked for us twice.
    This is definitely a good strategy. When you go at the last moment there are seats that need to be filled before the lottery closes which gives you a higher chance.
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

  9. #39

    • Loves Mickey!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Shinurayasu
    Posts
    1,359

    Re: Splash Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by LizCatMom View Post
    I hope to go back this summer to be able to see/participate in this show. I'm just mean enough that I wouldn't tell my hubby or my girls and just see what happens when we get soaked! I think it would be hysterical!
    Just make sure the phones and cameras are kept dry! How old are your girls? They may be able to watch from the kids area, in which case they will get absolutely drenched!
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

  10. #40

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    164

    Re: Splash Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSweetsLove View Post
    Just make sure the phones and cameras are kept dry! How old are your girls? They may be able to watch from the kids area, in which case they will get absolutely drenched!
    Oh, there's a special kids area? Mine are only 5 and 3, so are parents permitted in with their kids or is it strictly just for kids? On a side note, I know they can only do so much with the English website, but I sometimes peruse the Japanese website just to try and figure things out by the pictures even if I can't read it, but I know that I'm often missing out on special opportunities or even vacation packages. If you go to the English website to book a reservation, you can just book hotel stays. Whereas, looking at the Japanese reservation website, there are all kinds of packages available, with a selection of rooms, dinner packages, Fastpasses, reserved seats to shows, but I just don't know the language well enough to try and chance booking a vacation package that way.

  11. #41

    • Loves Mickey!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Shinurayasu
    Posts
    1,359

    Re: Splash Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by LizCatMom View Post
    Oh, there's a special kids area? Mine are only 5 and 3, so are parents permitted in with their kids or is it strictly just for kids? On a side note, I know they can only do so much with the English website, but I sometimes peruse the Japanese website just to try and figure things out by the pictures even if I can't read it, but I know that I'm often missing out on special opportunities or even vacation packages. If you go to the English website to book a reservation, you can just book hotel stays. Whereas, looking at the Japanese reservation website, there are all kinds of packages available, with a selection of rooms, dinner packages, Fastpasses, reserved seats to shows, but I just don't know the language well enough to try and chance booking a vacation package that way.
    They can definitely do the kids area then! One adult per child can also sit in that area with them, you would want to aim for center close to the rope but since the kids can stand but adults must sit your view might not be that great compared to the seating area. Just show the CM your lottery tickets and you can enter the kids seating area (floor not seats) right in front of the stage. On a hot day it is the best because you will get totally soaked and for the kids it's great because it's the closest you can get to the characters. One last point is that no photos or video are allowed to be taken from that area.

    It would be great if they would make the Vacation Package available in English but right now I want to say you need a Japan address on top of the language ability. It's a shame because it would be a big advantage for people visiting from overseas. Like you said FP and show seats are included depending on the package you get. The only downside is that it is very pricey. For someone who knows the parks well and visits websites like MC etc. it might not be worth the extra money. Getting there early with a plan should be enough and you are really paying for the convenience and lack of hassle.

    My mom cam to visit last year and our time at the parks was really limited so we did the vacation package which turned out to be really helpful. It included hotel, tickets (park hoppers), monorail tickets, some souvenirs, some snack vouchers and breakfast at the hotel, some FP's, and most important reserved seating for the shows. (The finale at TDL and Oasis at TDS) I'm really good at winning lottery tickets but really didn't want to risk it since we really would only have one chance to win it if we hadn't gone that route. The viewing area for Natsu Matsuri was fantastic but for Oasis the viewing area was not that great so we just waited in line under the bridge for a better position.







    Last edited by DreamSweetsLove; 02-02-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Splash Mountain.. [To] Ride? or Not?
    By Tedi Bara in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 03:19 PM
  2. Splash Mountain Scheduled to Re-open Tomorrow
    By Importance in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 11:25 PM
  3. A photo of the new Splash Mountain Logs
    By Darkbeer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 06:25 PM
  4. splash mountain question
    By migitmouse88 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 12:05 AM
  5. Splash Mountain Rehab Suprise!
    By AP2CM in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 01-29-2005, 06:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •