Cinderella Castle Research

Hi everyone!
    I've been reading this forum for years but never registered until today.

While doing some research for a Disney Resort Project that I have in mind, I found a 3 years old closed thread in this forum about the differences between Tokyo's and Florida's Cinderella Castles.

As far as I know the differences are the colors, the height and the facilities found in its interior.

There was some talk about a "missing spire" that came because of the comparison of these two pictures:

The first Photo belongs to Florida and the second one is from Tokyo. Some commented that there's one spire missing in the Tokyo Castle, but it's not. it's just that we can't see it from this perspective. Look closely and you'll find it behind the small golden turret. It's difficult to see because from this perspective they are perfectly aligned.

Let's have a look at the Tokyo castle from a slightly different perspective:

There it is! The missing tower is back! As you can see, the colors of the castle in Tokyo are different to make it appear colorful and warmer under the grey and stormy sky. Gold accents, brownish pink shades, dark grey stonework and a stronger blue are the color scheme of this castle, instead of the fresh grey, white and blue of the Florida castle.

In my research I found out many things about the differences between Tokyo Disney Resort and all the other Disney Resorts world wide, and the castle is not the most important of these differences. There are a lot more things that make Tokyo Disneyland a totally different experience.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

•   

Re: Cinderella Castle Research

Very cool. I figured it had to be perspective about the "missing" spire.
    ~Tamika

• Not here to help

Notice the the shorelines of the water around the castle... the Tokyo one outshines the Orlando version.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

I love the tokyo one's stone work. It's more realistic to me and it's a better contrast between the main keep and the wall around it. It's a refurbishment for the best. (I mean it used to be a very similar clone to the orlando one but it was then repainted and now has a more white and brown rather than grey and blue.)

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerJoe View Post
    I love the tokyo one's stone work. It's more realistic to me and it's a better contrast between the main keep and the wall around it. It's a refurbishment for the best. (I mean it used to be a very similar clone to the orlando one but it was then repainted and now has a more white and brown rather than grey and blue.)
    Tokyo's castle was repainted shortly after my trip to Japan in 2003. When I went, it was basically the same colors as the Florida castle - which - honestly - I greatly dislike. It's always felt so cold and heartless to me. Disneyland and Disneyland Paris have such warm, fanciful color pallets for their castles. I never got why so many people preferred Magic Kingdom's giant heartless grey castle to the others.

I love what TDL has done with theirs. It's amazing how a little paint and some accents can completely change the mood of the structure. It feels SO much more fairytale now in my opinion. I really hope some day, Magic Kingdom follows suit - though I doubt it since they repainted it a few years ago to ever so slightly warmer tones, though nothing like what TDL did. If it was to happen, it would have happened then when the whole castle was repainted as well.

Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
    Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!