• Iron-Clad Allie

What If OLC Likes Future DL Frontierland Expansion As Much Or More Than DCA CarsLand?

According to one of Al Lutz's recent columns titled "Cars Land In Tokyo", Oriantal Land Company execs have toured DCA's Cars Land and are totally enamored to the extent that they want one of their own. Al said that they are already talking about replacing most of Westernland (at Tokyo Disneyland) in order to make room for Cars Land - plus, remove all of the rivers of America for it. This is a real compliment to California Imaginears and Disney executives!

That said, I foresee a problem that OLC execs might be well advised to consider. There is a considerable expansions slated for both Disneyland's Frontierland that are so extensive that they would most probably include land beyond the berm. It is quite possible that DL's upcoming Tomorrowland expansion could take it past the berm as well. What if OLC likes the new Frontierland just as much if not more than Cars Land. Should that happen when the time comes, Westernland would barely exist, and their investment in Cars Land would have already been made. A similar situation could exist where DL's Tomorrow is concerned

I'm thinking that perhaps OLC should consider waiting until they see how the expansion plans turn out at Disneyland before committing their land and financial resources. In fact, I personally wish they would build a land consistant with the uniqueness of thos at Disney Seas. A successful venture of that order would surely further the Tokyo resort's reputation as a one-of-a-kind international vacation destination. I rest my plea, and welcome conversation as to your opinion on the subject.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: What If OLC Likes Future DL Frontierland Expansion As Much Or More Than DCA CarsL

I can't say that I stay on top of all the news that comes out of Disney, so this is the first I've heard of an expansion to Disneyland's Frontierland. Have there been any hints or reports to what they are going to do or bring to that area to revamp it along the lines of the new Fantasyland at WDW? And, oh yeah, I totally agree about the uniqueness of DisneySea. I consider myself fortunate that we will be getting to make a return trip next week!

Re: What If OLC Likes Future DL Frontierland Expansion As Much Or More Than DCA CarsL

The entire logic of this thread just fails completely.

Assuming two rumors to be true, what if they like rumor x more than rumor y thus creating rumor z that the other rumor will be cloned in Tokyo.

• Resident of the Caldera

If Disney's new film "Oz the Great and Powerful" is a hit in the spring, then you'll see a big expansion in Frontierland using up all of the remaining land from Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland. The movie begins in Kansas, so it makes perfect sense for Frontierland.

I have no idea if the movie will be a hit in the US, or anywhere else (I would have felt more optimistic if Robert Downey Jr. was the lead and not James Franco). And I have no idea if the Japanese have a big thing for The Wizard of Oz. But if the movie takes off when it opens in April, then you'll know what's coming for Frontierland at Disneyland.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    If Disney's new film "Oz the Great and Powerful" is a hit in the spring, then you'll see a big expansion in Frontierland using up all of the remaining land from Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland. The movie begins in Kansas, so it makes perfect sense for Frontierland.

I have no idea if the movie will be a hit in the US, or anywhere else (I would have felt more optimistic if Robert Downey Jr. was the lead and not James Franco). And I have no idea if the Japanese have a big thing for The Wizard of Oz. But if the movie takes off when it opens in April, then you'll know what's coming for Frontierland at Disneyland.
    i know universal in japan had a oz land
    its gone for the potter expansion

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Will return Soon...

Actualy it was replaces with the Seaseme Street/Hello Kitty/ Snoopy Mini lands, Harry potter is in the carpark.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by LizCatMom View Post
    I can't say that I stay on top of all the news that comes out of Disney, so this is the first I've heard of an expansion to Disneyland's Frontierland. Have there been any hints or reports to what they are going to do or bring to that area to revamp it along the lines of the new Fantasyland at WDW? And, oh yeah, I totally agree about the uniqueness of DisneySea. I consider myself fortunate that we will be getting to make a return trip next week!
    Hope continue to have the wonderful time of your life at Disney Sea! As for DL's Frontirrland expansion. there will be at least one E Tickedt Cars Land scale attraction, and several other rides of smaller scale (such as those at Cars Land...and posibly a 3d or motion experience and/ or traditional dark ride.

Both the Tomorrowland and Frontierland expansions at Disneyland (Anaheim) are going to be major works, intended to blunt the oncoming of Harry Potter in Unviersal Studios Hollywood in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Hope continue to have the wonderful time of your life at Disney Sea! As for DL's Frontirrland expansion. there will be at least one E Tickedt Cars Land scale attraction, and several other rides of smaller scale (such as those at Cars Land...and posibly a 3d or motion experience and/ or traditional dark ride.
    Source???

• Iron-Clad Allie

Both the Tomorrowland and Frontierland expansions at Disneyland (Anaheim) are going to be major works, intended to blunt the oncoming of Harry Potter in Unviersal Studios Hollywood in 2016.
    This is a wonderful thing as Disney and Univelsal's competitive attraction battle means more high caliber rides (etc.) for us all to enjoy!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Source???
    Al has mentiond the expansion, and that it will be extenxive. It is reasonable to extrapolate that there will be several attrations, with at least one e-ticket. Some people are saying that Tony Bazter will be in charge of imagineering the e-ticket, and that it might be his final significant project before he retires.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 12-18-2012 at 01:51 PM.

I got it from the horse's mouth, so keep your fingers crossed that Oz the Great and Powerful does great business.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I got it from the horse's mouth, so keep your fingers crossed that Oz the Great and Powerful does great business.
    I hope it does well, but people are so fickle these days with who plays the roles.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

It worries me that they couldn't lock in Robert Downey, Jr., which might have been as simple as a scheduling conflict (he's very busy), or that Disney won't pay his salary (which must be pretty hefty), or a more serious concern on his part that the script wasn't up to snuff. I used to think that Lasseter was pretty reliable about scripts, but after the last few Pixar films I think he's gone tone deaf.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    I hope it does well, but people are so fickle these days with who plays the roles.
    I generally like to see at one or two great actors that I recognize in a film. But, I also enjoy seeing actors that are new or relatively new to me. Let's hope for that kind of mix in Oz.

Back to TDL rides. I again would like to see them take a risk on rides that have not appeared in a park before, as to simply get into the habbit of cloning successful rides all the time. Jumping on Cars Land too soon will leave them out of options.

It worries me that they couldn't lock in Robert Downey, Jr., which might have been as simple as a scheduling conflict (he's very busy), or that Disney won't pay his salary (which must be pretty hefty), or a more serious concern on his part that the script wasn't up to snuff. I used to think that Lasseter was pretty reliable about scripts, but after the last few Pixar films I think he's gone tone deaf.
    I'd like to see actors in the film such as Larry the Cable Guy, Kurt Russel, Jack black, and/or a comeback roll for Dean Jones. It would also be cool to see some of the latter three actors appear in Cars movie and Cars Land projects with Larry the Cable Guy.