Talking How is Tokyo Disney Resort be like in the end of Jan

I'm planning to go to Tokyo and spend 2 days at the Tokyo Disney Resort on 26, 27th Jan 2013.

This will be the second time that I visit Tokyo Disney Resort. Last time, it was on July after the earthquake, the weather was very humid and hot. All the lines were less than 40 minutes in Tokyo Disney Sea. The next day, the typhoon came so the park was like empty, so I really still don't know how crowded TDR is during peak season...

This time my trip will be on January so please let me know the resort condition in January and Feb.

Does the park fully recover from the earthquake? (This is because in my first experience during Summer, the whole resort shut down the air conditioner in most of the public places (some shop/ restroom/ food court), and reduced the temperature in most of the attractions. The only places they kept the air like fridge were the table serviced restaurant. I stayed in Miracosta for 3 days and they completely shut down the air-con in the lobby. That made me feel so bad when staying in the most iconic hotel in TDR....

Since January and Feb is not the festival months in JP so there is no special event in TDR in this period, but do they still remain fireworks/ electrical parade during these months?

Your advices are very welcomed....
    and again sorry for my bad English

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: How is Tokyo Disney Resort be like in the end of Jan

You will not see any evidence of the earthquake in the parks.

It will be FREEZING cold, with a cold wind off the bay.

Lines should be moderate to short.

Look at the temporary closures list:
    Temporary Closure of Park Facilities | Tokyo Disney Resort
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    You will not see any evidence of the earthquake in the parks.

It will be FREEZING cold, with a cold wind off the bay.

Lines should be moderate to short.

Look at the temporary closures list:
    Temporary Closure of Park Facilities | Tokyo Disney Resort
    Thanks so much

Is it possible to access to the private entrance of Miracosta to access the hotel if I don't stay in the hotel?

Is it possible to walk in and get table for table serviced restaurant at DisneySea in January?

You can not use the Miracosta's entrance to DisneySEA if you are not staying there. Even guests of the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel don't have access.

You should have no problem getting a seat at a table service restaurant provided you eat early (4:30 to 5) and don't mind waiting 15 to 20 minutes. That's for busy places. For many of the other restaurants (scramble style) there is no wait or a short wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    You can not use the Miracosta's entrance to DisneySEA if you are not staying there. Even guests of the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel don't have access.

You should have no problem getting a seat at a table service restaurant provided you eat early (4:30 to 5) and don't mind waiting 15 to 20 minutes. That's for busy places. For many of the other restaurants (scramble style) there is no wait or a short wait.
    Thanks,

What I mean is when I'm in the Tokyo Disneysea park, I can enter the Miracosta by the private entrance if I want to take a walk in the hotel/ if I want to have dinner/ lunch in some hotel restaurants, or I have to exit the park, and then walk to the main entrance of the Miracosta?

We have 8 people so can you make a quick guess on how much will it cost for 8 for dining in Magellan?

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    Thanks,

What I mean is when I'm in the Tokyo Disneysea park, I can enter the Miracosta by the private entrance if I want to take a walk in the hotel/ if I want to have dinner/ lunch in some hotel restaurants, or I have to exit the park, and then walk to the main entrance of the Miracosta?

We have 8 people so can you make a quick guess on how much will it cost for 8 for dining in Magellan?
    It shouldn`t be a problem at all. I have done it many times and have never been questioned. When you enter the hotel during the day, make sure they stamp your hand if you are planning to re-enter.

And regarding Magellan`s, they have the prices up on the Japanese site for lunch (2,800/3,400) and dinner (4,500/5,500/7,500) depending on the course you choose and the menu can be viewed in Japanese if you click the blue link at the bottom, inside the border with photos/prices of their courses

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...magellans.html
    Last edited by hawachan; 12-17-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Thanks you so much hawachan,

There will be no Fantasmic during my visit so I can have dinner anytime I want.

Last time when I stayed at Miracosta, the park was closed at 10 p.m but I could still see people were hanging around the harbour at 11.30 ~ late... I was wonder why did they still inside the park? Do the table serviced restaurants still open late for guests?

Quote Originally Posted by hawachan View Post
    It shouldn`t be a problem at all. I have done it many times and have never been questioned. When you enter the hotel during the day, make sure they stamp your hand if you are planning to re-enter.

And regarding Magellan`s, they have the prices up on the Japanese site for lunch (2,800/3,400) and dinner (4,500/5,500/7,500) depending on the course you choose and the menu can be viewed in Japanese if you click the blue link at the bottom, inside the border with photos/prices of their courses

????? | ?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    Thanks you so much hawachan,

There will be no Fantasmic during my visit so I can have dinner anytime I want.

Last time when I stayed at Miracosta, the park was closed at 10 p.m but I could still see people were hanging around the harbour at 11.30 ~ late... I was wonder why did they still inside the park? Do the table serviced restaurants still open late for guests?
    Unless there was an event of some kind, I could only assume those people you saw were employees of OLC, since guests who have visited the park on a regular passport would not usually be allowed to be in the park at that time of night.
    Maybe someone else has a better explanation.

Yeh,

In Hong Kong Disneyland, the park usually closes after the fireworks. However, there was a time that I could still access to Plaza Inn Restaurant to have dinner. Meanwhile, all of the attractions was completely closed for the day.

On the low season, TDR usually closes at 8 so I dont really want to eat dinner that early... I hope someone could solve my question...

Quote Originally Posted by hawachan View Post
    Unless there was an event of some kind, I could only assume those people you saw were employees of OLC, since guests who have visited the park on a regular passport would not usually be allowed to be in the park at that time of night.
    Maybe someone else has a better explanation.

Go to Ikspiari if you want to eat dinner later. The restaurants are better than those in the parks.

The Tokyo parks are never open after 10 pm. The parks have to close in order to allow the staff time to get home before the trains stop running.

Thanks all!!!

I will be at the resort tomorrow for 3 days.

I will share some beautiful shots later...

See you soon!!!