No more Countdown Parades?

Has the OLC decided to discontinue the magnificent annual countdown parades and harbor celebrations that came each year? I thought last year was understandable but very disappointing this year.

• Banned User

Re: No more Countdown Parades?

My friend told me that her dad is working in OLC
    and said that countdown parade and harbor shows will be part of the cost cutting that they are doing right now.
    because like I said earlier in this forum that they are building energy plants that are so expensive the need to cost cut on entertainments and save energy when the building is complete they are bringing it all back and this is just temporary and you can see it again in a few more years just be patient and I think this years fireworks show is longer than
    the past years and I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by disfa10 View Post
    My friend told me that her dad is working in OLC
    and said that countdown parade and harbor shows will be part of the cost cutting that they are doing right now.
    because like I said earlier in this forum that they are building energy plants that are so expensive the need to cost cut on entertainments and save energy when the building is complete they are bringing it all back and this is just temporary and you can see it again in a few more years just be patient and I think this years fireworks show is longer than
    the past years and I like it.
    Saw TDR's countdown 2013 on YouTube and loved it!!! While I am a little suprised their was no parade/show this year, they put more thought into the fireworks than just "Light Up The Sky" and it showed. Well Done!!!! I would love to see New Day, New Dreams replace Disney Magic In The Sky, or at least replace it for the 30th. The show didn't scream new years to me. Looked like it was for the 30th.

• Resident of the Caldera

You have no idea how much the energy plants OLC is building at the Tokyo Disney Resort are costing: the amount is STAGGERING. So, it's a bummer, but cutbacks are to be expected.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Disney fan from Thailand

I would like to ask more question about Countdown Party night on Dec31 as i heard that the ticket will not sale through TDR website.

However, i plan to countdown at TDR this year (Dec 2013) but may be abroad within 3-5 days before December31. So, how can i buy a ticket for this event ,do i must decision between TDL or TDS or the ticket can use both park . Thank you.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneythaitown View Post
    I would like to ask more question about Countdown Party night on Dec31 as i heard that the ticket will not sale through TDR website.

However, i plan to countdown at TDR this year (Dec 2013) but may be abroad within 3-5 days before December31. So, how can i buy a ticket for this event ,do i must decision between TDL or TDS or the ticket can use both park . Thank you.
    Buying a countdown ticket you say You can buy tickets starting july through september 30
    and after that the tickets will be gone the easiest way is to buy from the website itself and since there are no special shows in TDS the best park is TDL in TDL you get best view and in TDS you have to be fast get some good seating position and this years Fireworks viewing TDS had the most smoke so its not a good viewing.

• Banned User

here is the video OF NEW DAY NEW DREAMS fireworks
    2013???????????????????? - YouTube
    its quite a spectacle and longest fireworks TDR ever had.

• Disney fan from Thailand

Thanks a lot disfa10 ,
    Then, you mean that i can buy since July this year,right? cause i have plan to visit TDR for 30th anniversary this july for summer event too. So, i will go to ask and buy it this july. Thank you.

• Just another Disney fan..

Online ticket sales at TDR usually require the buyer to have a Japan address to ship them to. Regular passports cam be reserved online by foreigners but you have to pay for and pick them up in person at the TDR ticket center.

You should verify with TDR that foreigners can purchase countdown tickets online. Since they are highly desired they might not let you just reserve them and delay paying for them until you arrive in Japan.
    Last edited by Roger55; 01-08-2013 at 07:55 AM.