Thread: Tokyo in June

Tokyo in June

I will be in Japan for work and will be spending June 7-9 at Disney. These are the only days I can go to the parks because of my work commitments.

I will be staying at the Tokyo Bay Hilton.

I have two main concerns.

1. Is there much danger of these days selling out? I plan to arrive at Disney late the morning of June 7, and I don't want to get there only to have a problem getting into the parks.

2. On June 9, we leave for home from Narita on a 5:30 flight. I plan to visit a park that morning. I have a JR pass so I can take the NEX to the airport (covered with the pass), or I could take the airport bus from the Hilton. If I do the bus, would it be likely to be booked if I wait to reserve until Friday when I arrive at the Hilton? Or should I reserve the NEX (which I've done before so I'm fine getting through Tokyo Station). It's not possible to reserve the airport bus online in English, or else I would just do that now.

Thanks.

Re: Tokyo in June

The Crowd Calendar does not predict the parks to be very busy except on the Saturday, but even then no chance of selling out.

Isn't June supposed to be rainy season in Japan? And if so, anyone visiting should expect rainy days, which probably means lower attendance and no chance of being shut out from visiting a park due to capacity attendance.
    Also, why take the more expensive N'EX train to Tokyo station when you can do the trip for less than US$10 via the limited express Keisei train with a quick 2-stops connections in Funabashi to the JR train that stops in Maihama?
    As for the Airport Limousine bus.. one only one time we took it, we didn't make reservations and just paid the fee in cash upon getting off in narita airport. I don't think it's necesary to make pre-arranged reservations. Then again, we will never do that since taking the trains through Funabashi are so much cheaper to do.

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    Also, why take the more expensive N'EX train to Tokyo station when you can do the trip for less than US$10 via the limited express Keisei train with a quick 2-stops connections in Funabashi to the JR train that stops in Maihama?
    The OP stated they will have a JR Rail pass that will cover the cost of the N'EX. JR Rail passes don't work for the Keisei line.

Sometimes taking the Airport Limo bus is a lot easier for some people. Especially if you have a lot of luggage, or small or elderly companions.

"Isn't June supposed to be rainy season in Japan?"

From climate info I've seen June is rainier, but not as much the first or last week of June. Of course this could be different each year.

• Resident of the Caldera

Yes, June is the rainy season. Could be rain every day, or no rain. No way to tell.

The kids are still in school until the end of July, so the parks are not crowded except on weekends.

I always take the Airport Limousine Bus from the Hilton Tokyo Bay to Narita. I ALWAYS make my reservation the day before (though I have never seen the bus even half full). Cost is about $25 and time is about 45 to 60 minutes. The bus always arrives at the hotel about 5 minutes late, so don't worry if it doesn't show up exactly on time. The bus is absolutely the easiest way to get to the airport.

The buses used to run once every hour, but not any more. They cut the schedule back a few years ago. You may end up taking a bus several hours earlier than you'd prefer in order to get to the airport on time. You can probably take the 1pm bus if you have a 5:30 flight and have plenty of time. I fly on United and have to take the 10:44 am bus, which doesn't leave me time to visit a park that morning.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I also recommend the Airport Limousine bus. And it's very easy to reserve from the Hotels like the Hilton. The Nex won't get you to the Airport any quicker. And may take longer once you factor in Resort Liner Transfer from your hotel to Maihama Station.

Thank you for your advice.

I now have a 6:10 flight rather than a 5:30 like I originally thought. The 2:44 bus from the Hilton is scheduled to get to Narita terminal 2 (where I will be going) at 3:55. Is that early enough for my flight, or would I be better taking the 1:09?

Again, this is on Sunday, June 9.

Thanks again for all the expert advice.

• Just another Disney fan..

I would say getting there at 3:55 should be fine. Seeing it is Sunday traffic should be lighter than a weekday. Might get there early unless there is construction or an accident.