Thread: Villa Donaldo!

Villa Donaldo!

TDRdeASOBLOG has some fantastic photos of the new shop that replaced Romeo's Watches - and it is AWESOME!!!

Villa Donaldo Home Store is a charmingly executed example of the right way to mix Disney's traditional characters with atmospheric theming. It's a bit of a shame that, like Kingdom Treasures in TDL Fantasyland, all this theming isn't carried over into the merchandise, though. Instead, it just looks like a bunch of "cute" Minnie stuff. I'd love home decor items themed to the Ducks and Mediterranean Harbor, like the shop's remodel...Minnie just got her own cutesy shop a few months ago. Personally I'd rather bring home stuff that looks a little more like MiraCosta. Maybe in the future?

Really wishing I'd taken a photo of the Romeo and Juliet portraits that used to be there, though.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: Villa Donaldo!

I had seen pictures of this space via our internal work space last week.. While it is nice, I for some reason have an issue of the continued character fying of the stores. Just like the recent Minnie store change over.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Re: Villa Donaldo!

I understand that, too, and I'm a little apprehensive about the trend. I think it risks detracting from the international flavor of TDS, especially. But I think it's executed better in Villa Donaldo, based just on the photos, and the Ducks have always had a large presence in the Harbor and it keeps the Romeo & Juliet element, so it's not as much just character pushing as Bella Minnie. I went on 2/20 and it wasn't open yet, so I'll have to hold my final verdict until I can actually go in the shop and see for myself.