Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: YAY going in april!

Hello ALL headed to Tokyo Disneyland's 30th Anniversary Celebration.

I've been meaning to post a message here to say that Randy(aka RDdB) & I are also going to be in Tokyo for the 30th Anniversary and would love to meet up for lunch with everyone if that is still happening. You can send us a private message and we'll reply with some contact info to get ahold of us, or we'll keep a watch here to see if more plans are posted.

It's been fun watching the excitement of everyone while reading this thread, and I'm glad it's finally time! We are very exited to be going back as well, we've been away too long. We leave for Japan the day after tomorrow (the 3rd), and will be there thru the 17th. We will be in the TDR area on the 9th & 10th and again on the 14th-17th.

Safe travels and hopefully we'll see you all there.

• Resident of the Caldera

For anyone who's coming to lunch: the plan is to meet at the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall on April 15 at 11 am (before the line gets too long). It will be very easy to spot us since we'll be the only Westerners outside!

ALL are invited, regardless of age, race, or mutant genes.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by soyukamaru View Post
    Is it better to go to TDR on April 9-10 or April 23-24 in terms or crowds?

Are the students still in holiday on April 9? will the cherry blossoms in bloom ( bonus)?

Will April 23-24 be more crowded than usual because of the 30th anniversary?
    thanks a bunch.

Students will be back in school already but cherry blossoms will not be in bloom any more. We had really early cherry blossoms this year.
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

• The Tomorrowland One

Just got back from a week in Japan. The Sakura were all in bloom and some starting to fall already.

Man, TDR was nuts the two days I went. Looking at that calendar, it says TDL was a 70k day when I went, and TDS was a 51k day. Wish I'd seen that earlier in my planning... Tough my schedule wasn't really flexible, so... Bookmarking that for future reference though.

seeing wait times over 120 mins was shocking. Seeing over 200 mins was just insane.

Hi all! I am a silent member on micechat and just saw this thread! I will be heading to Tokyo this Saturday and will be there for a week. I will be leaving before the 15th so I wouldn't be able to meet everyone for lunch. However, if anyone is in TDR on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday, it would be nice to meet up just for a meal!

I guess we can assume when we run into a Westerner at TDL that week, it's most likely one of us...

How accurate is the crowd calendar? Also, will rain decrease the crowds? I am hoping to go either 4/3 (tomorrow), 4/4 or 4/5 and based on the crowd calendar 4/5 is the best day but the weather forecast shows rain on 4/3 just like it rained all day today. If people have experience where the rains reduced the crowds, we may go tomorrow. What about just getting an after 6pm ticket? Any feedback on that?

Thanks.

I just found these boards today and hope to use them more as we plan to hit the last of the Disney Parks when we go to Paris in June.

I believe April typically has a 33% chance of rain or so, so I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to avoid it.

I'm at the TDR resort right now. It was raining at Disneyland yesterday, but wasn't too bad. Today it was pouring and windy at TDS. It was so bad we left around 2PM. It's supposed to be better tomorrow. Even with a huge jacket and water proof boots I was soaked to the bone. But they said it was unusually bad today. I stll did Journey to the Center of the Earth twice, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Tower of Terror and the Electric Trolly. Back for more tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by ratoncitaloca View Post
    I'm at the TDR resort right now. It was raining at Disneyland yesterday, but wasn't too bad. Today it was pouring and windy at TDS. It was so bad we left around 2PM. It's supposed to be better tomorrow. Even with a huge jacket and water proof boots I was soaked to the bone. But they said it was unusually bad today. I stll did Journey to the Center of the Earth twice, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Tower of Terror and the Electric Trolly. Back for more tomorrow!
    How were the crowds?

• Loves Mickey!

Crowded! At least it was at TDS. The weather was gorgeous though. It should hold up for tomorrow and rain over the weekend.

• Resident of the Caldera

Never go during spring break or on weekends if you can possibly avoid it.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

We should be there Tues/Wed for our first 'run'... so will try to get back on here and make plans if possible later. But we're having issue getting our lines of communication figured out trip, (not to mention missing our flight) :-( --- so hopefully things will start to improve. At least we're here, and TDR is oh so close! :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234