Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fantasmic Questions

I will be going in April and I wonder if Fantasmic at TDS offers any type of dinner or dessert show option. Similar what they do at Disneyland at WDW?

Also, can you tell me where the best view of the show is and how early should I get a spot?

Thank you
    Brian

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort

Re: Fantasmic Questions

I was hoping to get a good hotel view so I could watch it without having to find an good spot. I can't help here unfortunately

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I don't think they offer a dinner package like at Disneyland.

I do know people start staking out places to watch the shows/parades sometimes hours in advance in Tokyo, but for Fantasmic! I'm not sure what that timeframe is.

• Just another Disney fan..

If you make dinner reservations at Oceana or Silk Road restaurant at the right time you are able to watch the show from their balconies in the Miracosta Hotel.

S.S. Columbia Dining Room provides a limited number of special lunch menu with Fantasmic viewing area. But unfortunately, their viewing area is not so good.

スペシャルメニュー|東京ディズニ シー
    (Japanese Only)

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    I will be going in April and I wonder if Fantasmic at TDS offers any type of dinner or dessert show option. Similar what they do at Disneyland at WDW?

Also, can you tell me where the best view of the show is and how early should I get a spot?

Thank you
    Brian
    There is a water screen, so it is better for you to choose a spot that face the mountain.
    At each spot, there will be different experience. For example, if you stand somewhere near the entrance to the park, the Hat's float will be a distance, but you can mostly see everything (water screen, mt. Pro eruption,...) but you will not see the fireworks, because it usually starts straight away after Fantasmic.

If you get a spot near Venetian Gondola & American Waterfront (department store building), your spot will much higher than water level, but you may not see the dragon, and the water screen.

If you get a spot at Fortress Explorations, you will stand even higher than the float. For me, this spot is very romantic and unique, where you could stand in the pirate boat, or on the high level of Fortress Exploration,... These areas you can really see everything happens at Mediterranean Harbor unlike other spots where you may not even see some of the floats.

I recommend you to get your spot early (30-45 minutes before the show starts on high season/ mild weather). Come there, walk around and find spot for the Legend of Mythica, you will know where is your ideal spot for Fantasmic.

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerJoe View Post
    I was hoping to get a good hotel view so I could watch it without having to find an good spot. I can't help here unfortunately
    Hotel room is a good opportunity to enjoy the show, but I can't even stand for 2 minutes during winter (balcony room). Remember, most of the rooms are windows and you can open it for like 2cm only, therefore, soundtrack may be a disadvantage. You also have to turn off all the light in order to enjoy the show. Also, the window actually very small, so if you have family members, it is really a bad idea....

Does anyone have a map layout of the show and where the best places are?
    Three years ago for the daytime show we seemed to be in a viewing area to the left of the main entrance, where the bridge at that goes to Port Discovery at the gondolas are near.
    Is this a good spot? I want to be able to see as much of the dragon, screens, hat, and floats.

Thank you

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    Does anyone have a map layout of the show and where the best places are?
    Three years ago for the daytime show we seemed to be in a viewing area to the left of the main entrance, where the bridge at that goes to Port Discovery at the gondolas are near.
    Is this a good spot? I want to be able to see as much of the dragon, screens, hat, and floats.

Thank you
    This is the map of Mediterranean Harbor,

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/e...images/map.jpg

Please read my previous post,

Somewhere around 21/ 23/ and 24 are highly recommend.

There is a very good spot at number 23 that you sit really close to the hat and see everything but it requires you to get the spot early as this is seat-only spot.

• You have much to learn...

I've seen the show myself a few times- if you really want to see everything you should really see it from the front, facing the mountain. Mythica is a show that takes place all over the lagoon with performance areas around the lagoon, so viewing that show is much easier and more varied since the show is designed to be viewed from anywhere.

Fantasmic, on the other hand, in my opinion is not a very well designed show. All of the best views are from the front. My friend once viewed it from the back & said the views weren't very good at all. From the Duyanh92 post - I would recommend anywhere between 21 and 23 above. I personally wouldn't recommend 24 for Fantasmic, but would for Mythica, unless you don't mind the back of the dragons head.

Also, I believe the hat can be a problem from some areas going towards the 23 viewing area since it could block the dragon in some spots.

I usually try to watch from the front area & even slightly towards the area 21 above.

I'ts hard to say just what time to arrive- but if you absolutely want an unobstructed view right up along the fence of the lagoon, you may have to save a spot anywhere up to 2 hours or more on busy days. I've personally seen people waiting even longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    This is the map of Mediterranean Harbor,

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/e...images/map.jpg

Please read my previous post,

Somewhere around 21/ 23/ and 24 are highly recommend.

There is a very good spot at number 23 that you sit really close to the hat and see everything but it requires you to get the spot early as this is seat-only spot.
    Regarding the map, if you look and see where the number 23 is, right above it where it looks like there is an area that sticks out into the water, this is where we were back in December and we showed up about 20 minutes prior to showtime. We felt like this was a really great spot. We had a good view of both the the hat/light screen as well as when the dragon made it's appearance. I think a lot of people naturally want to be "front and center" which would be slightly to the left of where 21 is on the map and you will find that crowds of people stake their spot right here. But, and I say this having never viewed it from that spot so I could be wrong, but I have to wonder what kind of view of the dragon you have from there as when it comes out, it is almost at the back of the harbor. One kudos I want to give to TDS is that they ask people to remain seated, at least where we were on that one viewing platform, instead of standing up so that everyone has a good view. World of Color needs to take note of this. I've been disappointed one too many times after showing up anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour, still be 3-4 people deep, and have someone over 6 feet tall stand in front of me. And if I can't see, then my itty bitty toddler can't see anything, which results in my having to hold her for the duration of the show. This was not the case for Fantasmic. We got to sit and enjoy a fully unobstructed view of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by LizCatMom View Post
    Regarding the map, if you look and see where the number 23 is, right above it where it looks like there is an area that sticks out into the water, this is where we were back in December and we showed up about 20 minutes prior to showtime. We felt like this was a really great spot. We had a good view of both the the hat/light screen as well as when the dragon made it's appearance. I think a lot of people naturally want to be "front and center" which would be slightly to the left of where 21 is on the map and you will find that crowds of people stake their spot right here. But, and I say this having never viewed it from that spot so I could be wrong, but I have to wonder what kind of view of the dragon you have from there as when it comes out, it is almost at the back of the harbor. One kudos I want to give to TDS is that they ask people to remain seated, at least where we were on that one viewing platform, instead of standing up so that everyone has a good view. World of Color needs to take note of this. I've been disappointed one too many times after showing up anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour, still be 3-4 people deep, and have someone over 6 feet tall stand in front of me. And if I can't see, then my itty bitty toddler can't see anything, which results in my having to hold her for the duration of the show. This was not the case for Fantasmic. We got to sit and enjoy a fully unobstructed view of the show.
    Totally agree with your you. Crowds usually happen slight to the left of 21. 23 is a great spot.

Tip for Brisal73: There is sitting area around the number 21, therefore try not to sit but try to be in the first row of standing area.

• Not here to help

Close to 23 a bit below the view area in the water is my favorite spot. Easy to get
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Just another Disney fan..

My favorite spot is to the right of 23. Up against the stone wall underneath the show light pole to the left of where the small boats are pulled out onto the shore.

• Resident of the Caldera

I have found that if you stand right in front, the stupid mickey hat blocks the mirror and dragon. Best spot I've found (and someone else mentioned it last year), is just to the right of center, near Zampini brothers entrance.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

We were there mid week summer, on a "40" day according to the crowd calendar. We were able to squeeze in at the 5 o'clock position, (6 o'clock is straight on) just a couple of minutes before the show. We planned on getting there a bit earlier, but it didn't work out that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast