Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Live, REAL-TIME updates for FastPass and Wait Times!

I've been meaning to post this for ages, but keep forgetting. About a year ago (I think), a web app was launched that gives live FP and wait time info in real-time!^^

To access it, you just need to fill out a quick questionnaire and then you can bookmark the link. For months, I didn't have to fill in the questionnaire again; it would just go directly to the schedule page, but recently I need to answer again each time. I guess I lost a cookie or something. Anyway, here's the LINK, already translated through the magic of Google.

Disneyland is on the left in red, DisneySEA in blue:

DISNEYLAND:
    • World Bazaar
    • Adventureland
    • Westernland
    • Critter Country
    • Fantasyland
    • ToonTown
    • Tomorrowland

DISNEYSEA:
    • Mediterranean Harbor
    • American Waterfront
    • Port Discovery
    • Lost River Delta
    • Arabian Coast
    • Mermaid Lagoon
    • Mysterious Island

From there, there are photos of the attractions which should be enough to help you find your way around if you're reading MiceChat TDR boards!

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work if you enter the information in the translated window, so here's a non-translated

LINK

and this is what the translation looks like:

Please take a moment to help us with a survey.

After completing the survey, please visit the web app for FastPass and wait time information for attractions and character greetings.

In the future, this information will help us provide you with customized information and a tailored experience.

※ Please answer every question, as all fields are required.

Q1. Please indicate your gender.

• Male / 男
    • Female / 女

Q2. Please indicate your date of birth.
    Year Month Day

Q3. Please choose your prefecture or ward of residence.
    NOTE: This cannot be skipped. I suggest using "Chiba" (千葉県) or "Tokyo" (東京都) or wherever the hotel is at the time of your visit to help keep their research data somewhat accurate.

Q4. How often do you visit the parks?

• Have never been
    • More than four years ago
    • 1 to 3 years ago
    • Many times per year (2-4 visits)
    • Many times per year (More than 5 visits)

Q5. Do you have children?

• Yes / はい
    • No / いいえ

Q6. Do you currently own an Annual Passport?

• Yes / はい
    • No / いいえ

Q7. Are you a member of the FUNderful Disney Tokyo Disney Resort fan club?

• Yes / はい
    • No / いいえ

In order that your answers may be used to customize displayed content and optimize your experience, this data is saved as a cookie in your browser.

After completing the survey once, the Question Answer screen will not be displayed next time you visit. Please note that you will need to answer again if the information held in your device is erased, such as when a device is reset or an app is removed and restored.

This page is optimized for a Smartphone environment (Android2.2 / iOS4 or later recommended).
    This site uses JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript.

Conditions of use and legal restrictions
    Privacy Policy
    Disney All rights reserved.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 03-10-2013 at 09:15 PM.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: Live, REAL-TIME updates for FastPass and Wait Times!

thanks, I had seen that survey. But really was not sure what it was about.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

thanks for this. truthfully I just randomly picked answers.

there was a third party app for iOS recently released (available in US store, probably others) which appears to give the same information. Unfortunately though the first menu starts out in English, it quickly turns all Japanese. But it gives the exact same data as the official site above (probably just a wrapper for it)

https://itunes.apple.com/app/wait-ti...604805622?mt=8

fortunately it's free (ad supported)

tho since I know the source now, I might end up writing a script on my web server that will parse it and present it in a way that makes more sense to me.

Today was the first day I was using this real time and WOW, 300 minutes for Tower of Terror? 250 minutes for Toy Story Mania... Holy cow... Insane..

I think http://time.deepdisney.com is basically just echo'ing the official resort times. as I recall, I saw TOT get up to 350 yesterday or whenever. albeit briefly

I was checking it out last night and I found out that TDR provides the wait times and other info as JSON encoded info so I was able to break it down and create a list for TDL that's not only entirely in English, but allows sorting on name/location/wait times/FP availability.

just waiting for the info to be posted again (apparently it goes away overnight while the parks are closed) so I can work on TDS. Once I get the basics squared away, I'll work on formatting it for the mobile device. Should come in handy when on site.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Wow, Brad! You're awesome!

Thanks Hopefully the attachment worked, but here's a partial screenshot of what I've got so far. Not pretty (yet) but side by side, here's live (as of about 10 minutes ago) data for both TDL and TDS. As you can see, each column is sortable -- here I have TDL sorted by attraction name while TDS is sorted by land.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  178.1 KB

While working on it I noticed TDS provides 3 different times for the Mickey & Friends at TDS, I'm guessing that's for 3 separate lines? I have to see if I can translate the exact names.

In any case, I have no doubt this will help me while on site. I want to add some local caching to it just so I'm not calling the TDR servers each time and once I do that and clean it up, I might just keep it running for the public.

So .. this is still very much under development, and I hope to have bigger news soon, but.. for those interested, I went ahead and created http://tdwait.com .. it looks great on tablets (including iPad Mini).. not so great on iPhone, unless in landscape mode maybe.

Name:  BF9agvfCMAANSp-large.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  114.2 KB

just a note, especially while it's under development, if the parks are closed, live data isn't available, so it will use old data.

Awesome job man!!! Heck of a project... Wish I could use it there but my phone will be a fun little brick over there next month!

Southwest of Disorder, aka Santa Cruz, CA

Quote Originally Posted by bradk View Post
    So .. this is still very much under development, and I hope to have bigger news soon, but.. for those interested, I went ahead and created http://tdwait.com .. it looks great on tablets (including iPad Mini).. not so great on iPhone, unless in landscape mode maybe.

just a note, especially while it's under development, if the parks are closed, live data isn't available, so it will use old data.
    Awesome, had to register just to say....thanks for doing this. I'll be in a weeks time and can't wait to use it on site.

Andy

thanks. it's a fun experiment if nothing else. never did anything like this before. I'm even working on trying to integrate GPS so you can sort by proximity.

I also addressed the 'issue' with the small phones in portrait mode. Still will continue to tweak as I go along.

Southwest of Disorder, aka Santa Cruz, CA

It looks good on my iP5 in landscape, thanks for the hard work.

thanks and glad you like it.. it's still in its infancy but it's moving pretty fast (I want it usable for when I go in 2 weeks).

I realized I could make better use of CSS to control the columns without losing functionality so I actually just tightened it up more so it's only 3 columns so it should be pretty sweet on any device/orientation now.

not sure how accurate my coords are, but there's a faux GPS support in it now (for TDL). right now it's hardcoded to you being at Dumbo. I know how to retrieve actual GPS coords from the phone, but still working on how to implement it cleanly enough.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

That's AWESOME, Brad. If you make it themed and pretty, you should put it in the App Store. I'd gladly pay you for the work; it can't be easy. THANK YOU!^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast