Multi-Day Magic Passport Specials

Just a quick question to see if any of you have had experience with this special passport sold at the Disney Hotels. These are the passports that allow for park hopping from Day 1.

In reading the translated TDR Japanese version of the website, obviously, the max days they sell are 4. My curiosity is that there is a line translated that implies that passes either 'can' or 'must' be purchased for the length of your stay... We are staying 7 nights at MiraCosta (thank you DVC)... If anyone has experience with this pass or if you are over there any might ask, I am wondering if I will have to buy for 7 days (4 day plus a 3 day) or if I can buy only for the 4 days I plan on going to the parks... We plan on exploring Tokyo and environs the other days...

Thank you in advance...

Re: Multi-Day Magic Passport Specials

We stayed at the Miracosta back in December and you basically can choose the tickets that best suit your needs. If you want a 4 day pass, then you can purchase a 4 day pass. The "special" passport that is available to you is that where generally a 4 day passport is where you must select one of the parks for the first day and then the other park the second day with park hopping options on Day 3 and Day 4 only, by being a hotel guest, you can (but don't have to) pay a little extra that allows you to park hop from Day 1. One thing just so you are aware, when you purchase tickets/passport, from the day that you select your start day, let's say April 1, then I believe the passport will read that you will be visiting April 1, 2, 3 and 4. I don't believe you would be able to break up the trip to visit the parks for 2 days, do some sightseeing in Tokyo for a couple of days, and then return to the parks the last 2 days.

My plan is to get the hopper passes, starting on April 15... The plan is to tour the parks Monday through Thursday, tour Tokyo area Sunday, Friday, Saturday....

• Resident of the Caldera

While you can buy tickets that will allow you to park hop on days 1 and 2 of a 4-day passport if you stay at a Disney hotel, I've discovered it's a waste of money. There is so much to see and do at both DisneySEA and Tokyo Disneyland, that there's no reason to park hop the first two days. I spent the extra $20 or so per ticket for the day 1 and day 2 park-hopping privileges and never used them.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.