Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What should go beside Indiana Jones?

In all the times that I've been to DisneySea, I've often wondered why they haven't built something beside Indiana Jones. Particularly if you pull up the satellite image, there is a ton of room there. Anybody have any good ideas? Purely dreaming, that is.

• curiouser and curiouser

Re: What should go beside Indiana Jones?

Whatever it be, I imagine that the next big attraction to be built will probably take up residence in that area. Either there or in the spece behind the wall that stretches along the East side of Mediterranean Harbour, but all of that is utilized as a backstage area so maybe not...

I really agree with you - it's SUCH a large stretch of land without anything to really do. Imagine too when I visited - it was before Raging Spirits was built. For my experience, literally the entire back half of the park had only one attraction!

Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
    Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

• Resident of the Caldera

The new Soarin' film has been confirmed for Shanghai Disneyland, so I would expect to see Soarin' Over the World built by the Roman ruins on the right side of the harbor by late 2015.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

So, Toy Story is still hopping and they are getting ready to celebrate the 30th Anni. I'm curious, though, any word on what will be the "next big thing" for Tokyo Disney? Please don't say Star Wars. That is just a redo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    The new Soarin' film has been confirmed for Shanghai Disneyland, so I would expect to see Soarin' Over the World built by the Roman ruins on the right side of the harbor by late 2015.
    As much as I like the idea of Soarin' over the world, unless they put it in Port Discovery, I just don't see it in DisneySea. The film (I imagine) is all about today's world, which would feel very out of place in any other part of the park.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Excellent point - I hope TOL Co. won't allow Disney to shoehorn attractions and water down the theme of their original, unique theme and design.

I think a family-style dark ride/coaster hybrid (ala Crush) themed to the lost city of El Dorado would be a fantastic ride concept for the area. My snap thought would be to do a mine car coaster but that'd stray too close to Raging Spirits.

• Just another Disney fan..

What is TOL Co.??!?

TOL Co. is someone's abbreviation for The Oriental Land Company - who own Tokyo Disney Resort. I know it's not popular among the Disney fan base, but that's why I personally prefer to type out proper names as much as possible.

I have to say - putting Soarin' into Port Discovery wouldn't be any real benefit over putting it into Lost River Delta. Port Discovery is the park's Tomorrowland, not "Todayland." You're going from one extreme to the other and in neither case does it really make a lot of thematic sense. I dare say the Port Discovery suggestion only came from the fact that there is already a "flying" simulator ride there (another even bigger reason why I personally would not elect that as it's location at all!)

Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
    Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    What is TOL Co.??!?
    Sorry! (As explained above, TWD Co. - The Walt Disney Company - doesn't own or make these decisions for the park.)

Soarin' can not go into Port Discovery. That entire area is themed to a future time period. Unless the new Soarin' movie is full of expensive CGI effects and sci-fi themed, it won't fit.

One of the problems with Soarin' is that it really doesn't "fit" in any land in any Disney park because it takes place today, and it's "realism"--just a helicopter view of reality.

Soarin' only fits in California Adventure because they built a mini-land around it, Condor Flats.

Soarin' is entirely out of place in The Land pavilion at Epcot. It would fit into the American pavilion if "American Adventure" wasn't already there.

But frankly I can't think of any place where it would fit thematically into either Tokyo park because the ride itself is not, and cannot be, themed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Soarin' can not go into Port Discovery. That entire area is themed to a future time period. Unless the new Soarin' movie is full of expensive CGI effects and sci-fi themed, it won't fit.

One of the problems with Soarin' is that it really doesn't "fit" in any land in any Disney park because it takes place today, and it's "realism"--just a helicopter view of reality.

Soarin' only fits in California Adventure because they built a mini-land around it, Condor Flats.

Soarin' is entirely out of place in The Land pavilion at Epcot. It would fit into the American pavilion if "American Adventure" wasn't already there.

But frankly I can't think of any place where it would fit thematically into either Tokyo park because the ride itself is not, and cannot be, themed.
    I basically agree with everything you said, I'm just saying that if it HAS to go somewhere, Port Discovery seems to be be the least conflicting in terms of theming.

On the other hand, there's nothing that says that the movie will be anything like the California version. My hope is that they just use the same ride system and make the movie something entirely different. In that case, with a proper story, some CGI and a focus on cohesion in terms of which land they decide to place it in, it could fit basically anywhere.

The new movie will be "Soarin' Over the World." Still realistic and in this time period. Personally, I think it would be great if it moved through different time periods, starting with the dinosaurs and eventually into the future. But that would be a hugely expensive film to make because of all the CGI required. It's much more economical to just fly the rig under a helicopter to the most famous sight-seeing spots in the world as they exist right now.

I saw someone had made an idea for a whole new land which was a frozen land. I don't really like that idea as there could be the probable consequence of it being quite ugly and too unrealistic. I'd like to see a new ride for that area with the grizzly gulch and expedition everest designs as DisneySea really only has 2 roller coasters (3 if you would include JTTCOTE).

That's just my opinion though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast