Best Way to Purchase Tickets in Advance?

My husband and I will be visiting TDR from April 2-4. I was looking at the Tokyo Disney website to look in to buying tickets ahead of time since it will be crowded. But, if you buy tickets online you have to go pick them up at the Ticket Center if you don't live in Japan. Is that a hassle? Could I get them delivered to the hotel I'll be staying at (we are not staying at the resort)? Are tickets for sale at the Disney Stores in Tokyo? Should I go to the resort a day early and just buy the tickets in person? Those of you who are experienced with Tokyo Disney, please give me some advice. Thanks!
    Last edited by ratoncitaloca; 03-20-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Re: Best Way to Purchase Tickets in Advance?

most Disney Store locations have ticket counters.

Disney Store | Find a Store

as far as I know, those two are the only ways.

I've read the lines at the ticket center are generally much smaller than the standard lines

I always get my park tickets as soon as I get off the train from Tokyo. There is a Guest Area at the bottom of the station.

www.mouseexpedtion.net
    Your Ultimate Tour Guide to the Disneyland Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Brisal73 View Post
    I always get my park tickets as soon as I get off the train from Tokyo. There is a Guest Area at the bottom of the station.
    When you get off the train where? At the TDR? In Tokyo itself?

Quote Originally Posted by ratoncitaloca View Post
    When you get off the train where? At the TDR? In Tokyo itself?
    At Maihama Station which is the TDR stop

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'd buy from one of the Disney Stores if I were you. bradK has provided the link... The only other option is to buy from the TDR Ticket Center the day before you decide to visit. Either choice is a good option

But yes its highly recomended you purchase in advance. The lines for the tickets can be 30-45 minutes early morning...

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it!

I bought them online about a week in advance, and the picked them up at the Welcome Center, which opens an hour before the park does. The best part is, you're not charged until you pick them up.

I recommend doing that, but if you're traveling with others, have them scout out a spot in line while you grab the tickets. I don't suggest getting to the resort any later than an hour before opening.

Here are the details from my trip report:
    When we arrived at the station, we were eager to head right to the gates and figured the place to pick up tickets would be nearby. It’s less than a 10 minute walk from the station to the front gates of the Disneyland park, which is actually the next stop on the Monorail, and the only two stations that are remotely walkable in between. There was a lot of activity, and it was already quite clear this wouldn’t be one of our deserted Disneyland mornings, not that we had remotely expected that.

Passing through the baggage checkpoint, where we found even less scrutiny than at Disneyland, I asked about the ticket center. The guard pointed me towards the ticket booths, though I had a feeling that wasn’t right. After we had walked a few hundred feet away to find a spot in line, he came running after us and explained that it was, in fact, back by the train station. This was Official Instance Number One of these employees going way out of their way to help.

Having come so far we decided to set Megan up with a spot in line, and I would head back to get the tickets. It was still shy of 8am, so there was no rush, and we soon found a spot in line for the entry gates not 50 people from the front. I left the supplies – breakfast, some snacks, and a good supply of water, and headed to get the tickets.

Going back against a stream of people heading to the main entrance, I was glad we had gotten our spot and not waited until after picking up our tickets before making our way over. I checked with a cast member outside the Welcome Center as to exactly where I would need to go, and she gestured both where I would need to wait, and that it wouldn’t open until 8am.

Once it did, it was a simple matter to retrieve the actual tickets. All I had received online was a confirmation email, and the purchase hadn’t officially gone through. I’m not sure what would have happened on my credit card if I had been a no-show, but obviously we weren’t going to find out.
    www.gregscoasterphotos.com <- Go there, it's good!

Our latest plan is to buy the tickets at a Disney Store ahead of time.