Talking Planning a trip to TDR in May

Hello all! I am a long time lurker and trip report reader that has decided to bite the bullet and start posting in order to share with you the TDR trip I am planning for May 2013.

It will be my second time in Tokyo (and Tokyo Disney Resort), the last time being over late December 2009 to early February 2010 (I visited the parks in very early January - they were wonderfully uncrowded!). This time I plan to do it right and document the trip with a full trip report of my visit to Tokyo from May 19th-31st, visiting the parks from the 21st to the 23rd (unless I cave in and go back in the second week). As I have been before and have read a frightful amount of trip reports and official information on the subject I am feeling at least somewhat prepared. I'm an obsessive planner so I have put together my own little printed guides with a mix of official and forum-based information that I write all over when I find out something new. I have found these are great to read and update when bored in ride line-ups.

Unfortunately I will not be staying in any Disney hotels, opting instead for cheaper accommodation in the city with more money to shop for souvenirs. I'm a bit of a shopaholic, and I found that last trip the parks really tested my resolve at times due to the adorable merchandise! I for one am a fan of the character merch and of the 'subtle hints of Disney' style fashion you find there occasionally, but I admit like many of you I would like a few more souvenirs themed to the lands of DisneySea or that had TOKYO DISNEYLAND on them in big letters. Alas, we soldier on with all of the other lovely things available

While I feel fairly confident on the basics (Getting to the parks, lining up early, ride popularity, fastpass running, popcorn flavour maps, Duffy mania, special interactive pendants for the 30th anniversary etc) I have a few questions I'm hoping someone might know the answer to:

1. I have fallen in love with the 'Mickey and Duffy's Spring Voyage' popcorn bucket in this link: http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/i...souvenir01.jpg.
    While I'm aware it may well be sold out when I get there I'd like to try for it. Does anyone know a) How fast these things usually sell out, and b) Are the special Duffy/Spring Voyage buckets usually sold at a particular cart so I can go for it first? I wondered if the one in Cape Cod would be more likely.

2. Does anyone know where I can likely find pictures of the spring merchandise? I love pictures of any of the merchandise at all really but I'd love to see how the spring exclusives differ from the normal stuff.

3. This is very silly, but I was obsessed with maple churros last time - Do they sell the maple flavour in spring or are they just a winter thing?

4. I am a Coke Zero/Diet Coke drinker. I know that these have been reported to be very rare in the parks, only at a couple of outlets, but does anyone know which outlets these are? I realise it's possible that they can't ever be reliably found, but any idea of where to look may help.

Any other advice if you know something about the festivities/the time I'm going would be wonderful. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: Planning a trip to TDR in May

Quote Originally Posted by cravatfiend View Post
    1. I have fallen in love with the 'Mickey and Duffy's Spring Voyage' popcorn bucket in this link: http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/i...souvenir01.jpg.
    While I'm aware it may well be sold out when I get there I'd like to try for it. Does anyone know a) How fast these things usually sell out, and b) Are the special Duffy/Spring Voyage buckets usually sold at a particular cart so I can go for it first? I wondered if the one in Cape Cod would be more likely.
    I was there in late may last year and did see the Duffy buckets on sale still. I'm guessing it won't be sold out for your visit.

2. Does anyone know where I can likely find pictures of the spring merchandise? I love pictures of any of the merchandise at all really but I'd love to see how the spring exclusives differ from the normal stuff.
    Try to buy a April (#4) issue of Disney Fan magazine. It is a Japanese publication but can be found a Japanese books stores in they USA and online.

There are also several members here that post pictures of the merchandise. Seeing you aren't going until May there will probably be a lot of pictures already shared by the time you leave.

3. This is very silly, but I was obsessed with maple churros last time - Do they sell the maple flavour in spring or are they just a winter thing?
    I am not a big fan churros eater so I can't answer that. I have not heard of any seasonal churros in the past so you might be OK.

4. I am a Coke Zero/Diet Coke drinker. I know that these have been reported to be very rare in the parks, only at a couple of outlets, but does anyone know which outlets these are? I realise it's possible that they can't ever be reliably found, but any idea of where to look may help.
    I too crave my Diet Coke/Coke Zero in the parks. I can not recall where I've seen it for sale in the parks. I pretty much just assume I'm not going to drink any while in the parks. I've gone over to Ikspiari basement (B1) before and purchased a bottle there and taken it into the parks with me.

I'll be in the parks that same time so if you see someone holding a Diet Coke say "Hi!".

It's a great time to be at the resort. You'll have an awesome time.
    Last edited by Roger55; 03-24-2013 at 01:12 PM.

• Resident of the Caldera

You can get Coke Zero at the Nautilus Galley in Tokyo DisneySEA. Other locations sell Diet Coke. Most places sell only regular coke.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    Try to buy a April (#4) issue of Disney Fan magazine. It is a Japanese publication but can be found a Japanese books stores in they USA and online.
    Thanks so much for this. I went to Kinokuniya Book Store in NYC and was able to pick up Feb, March and April issues. Looks like May should be out any day now too.

Name:  599823_10151396189713978_810719187_n.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  118.0 KB

#2 You can see pics of the Spring Voyage merchandise on this website
    MagicDelivery > ミッキーとダッフィーのスプリングヴォヤッジ

just deduct 15.5% (that's their markup) and you will get the retail price
    also if you friend MagicDelivery on facebook they post pics a day or two before they update their website

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by dizneydogs View Post
    #2 You can see pics of the Spring Voyage merchandise on this website
    MagicDelivery > ミッキーとダッフィーのスプリングヴォヤッジ

just deduct 15.5% (that's their markup) and you will get the retail price
    also if you friend MagicDelivery on facebook they post pics a day or two before they update their website
    Or.... You can view them directly on the official Spring Voyage website:

Bags & more:
    雋キ縺縺溘>シ | 繝溘ャ繧*繝シ縺ィ繝繝繝輔ぅ繝シ縺ョ繧ケ繝励Μ繝ウ繧ー繝 エ繧ゥ繝、繝繧ク | 譚ア莠ャ繝繧」繧コ繝九シ繧キ繝シ

Make your own tag thing:
    雋キ縺縺溘>シ | 繝溘ャ繧*繝シ縺ィ繝繝繝輔ぅ繝シ縺ョ繧ケ繝励Μ繝ウ繧ー繝 エ繧ゥ繝、繝繧ク | 譚ア莠ャ繝繧」繧コ繝九シ繧キ繝シ

Plush goods & more:
    繝繝繝輔ぅ繝シ縺ィ繧キ繧ァ繝ェ繝シ繝。繧、縺ョ繧ー繝繧コ | 繝溘ャ繧*繝シ縺ィ繝繝繝輔ぅ繝シ縺ョ繧ケ繝励Μ繝ウ繧ー繝 エ繧ゥ繝、繝繧ク | 窶廛uffy窶 The Disney Bear | 譚ア莠ャ繝繧」繧コ繝九シ繧キ繝シ

And the cups/plates that you can buy at dining establishments:
    鬟溘∋縺溘>シ | 繝溘ャ繧*繝シ縺ィ繝繝繝輔ぅ繝シ縺ョ繧ケ繝励Μ繝ウ繧ー繝 エ繧ゥ繝、繝繧ク | 譚ア莠ャ繝繧」繧コ繝九シ繧キ繝シ

鬟溘∋縺溘>シ | 繝溘ャ繧*繝シ縺ィ繝繝繝輔ぅ繝シ縺ョ繧ケ繝励Μ繝ウ繧ー繝 エ繧ゥ繝、繝繧ク | 譚ア莠ャ繝繧」繧コ繝九シ繧キ繝シ

#3 - I went in May/June in 2009 and 2010 and I'm pretty sure they had maple churros then, too, or at least in 2010. The menus online are showing maple churros right now at Racketys Raccoon Saloon and Pecos Bill Cafe at TDL and Refrescos in TDS.

Thanks so much for all of this help everyone!!!

The magazine tips and links are great! Sadly here in remote Australia I am far from a physical Kinokinuya store, but I may splurge for one online if I get a chance. In the meantime all of these website links are really great

tomoyo - It's good to know someone else did find them in May, because after years I still want one again! Also, where online can you see the menus?

They only have the menus on the Japanese site, but you can use Google translate to view them.

• You have much to learn...

Kinokuniya in NY has the 30th anniversary issue. I subscribe & got mine Tuesday night. They had 1 issue left earlier today. I was there picking up my lunch.

I'm going 4/20-4/28 and staying at the Hilton.

Maple Churros were available in March. The Spring decor was going up on the 13th - with a nice amount already in place on my last day there the 14th. Have fun.

• Resident of the Caldera

If they still have the Churro sundae at Rackety Racoon's (which is at the Splash Mountain exit) they're VERY good!
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.