• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Disney Cruise Line: Tokyo / Shanghai / Hong Kong

Do you think it would work? Would you book it if Disney Adventures had add on visits to China and Japan?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Disney Cruise Line: Tokyo / Shanghai / Hong Kong

Like a cruise with a port of call at each end with excursions to the parks?

Maybe but not surely. The culture is quite different so the non home park may not be so great to visit. Also the countries don't like each other very much so may not be inclined to spend time on each other's soil.

If it was a good idea, I think Disney would be pushing it on LA, Florida, and European cruises. But they don't. WDW used to be an promoted add on when DCL started but they gave up on that. Now only the rare East Coast cruises do such a thing.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Will return Soon...

That would be a great cruise! I'd be on it in a second. They could even do a Australia to Hong Kong Cruise, would sell out in a second, for all the Aussies wanting Disneyland!

I've been surprised they haven't done any Japanese port tours, They would sell out quick and be incrediable popular. You can jsut tell from how crazy they are for all things TDR.

They surely must be considering bringing DCLine to an Australian port at some point, every major coastal City I can think of on every side of the continent has a Port. Our dollar is strong, the Cruise industry is strong, and Hong Kong isn't that far. It would be a HUGE hit if it came down under!
    First visit to a Disney Park was to Tokyo Disneyland in Oct, 2005. I was hooked! Was so blessed to visit Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2009, the original Disneyland and California Adventure in 2010, Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2011, and an incredible 5 night stay at Disneyland Paris in February 2013.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I like the AUSTRALIA HONG KONG SHANGHAI cruise idea, too.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Carnival cruise group expands in Asia | The Raw Story

Carnival’s brands include Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn, AIDA Cruises, Costa Cruises, Cunard, Ibero Cruises, P&O Cruises in Australia, and P&O Cruises in Britain.

Foschi, speaking on the sidelines of a press conference, cited industry forecasts that cruise liners will see a total of seven million passengers a year by 2020 in Asia, up from just above one million now.

The Sapphire Princess will be deployed to Singapore from November 2014 to February 2015.
    The luxury liner, which can carry 2,670 passengers, will bring travellers from Singapore to cities and exotic destinations in countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.

Carnival already has a presence in China through its Costa Cruises brand, while Princess Cruises is setting up shop in Japan this month.
    “As cruise lines are being deployed into the market, the market starts to develop. Slowly at first, but then they reach a critical mass,” Alan Buckelew, chief executive and president of Princess Cruises.

“Our ships move to where we believe the demand is strongest.”
    Last edited by CaliforniaAdventurer; 04-09-2013 at 03:51 PM.

• Resident of the Caldera

I'm about as likely to get on a Carnival Cruise line ship as try to swim the Atlantic.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I agree, but I posted this to show that the Asian Cruise market is heating up.

The issue with Asia is the distances between islands is enormous. These cruises like to stop and let passengers disembark at various locations but a cruise from Sydney to Hong Kong would take at least a week with minimal stops.

• Will return Soon...

This is true, however, wtih us being so removed from the rest of the world, 2week plus one way cruises happen quite frequently.

• Minion FOREVER!

Just FYI that although they don't promote it as much as they did at one time, the WDW is still an option for all DCL cruises out of Port Canaveral

Pre- and Post-Cruise Hotel | Cruise Stays | Disney Cruise Line

This is an awesome itinerary and I'd definitely be interested, and I know lots of other Aussie fans that would leap at the chance of a Disney cruise that was closer to home. Just a little aside about the Carnival cruises doing more cruises through Asia, I know from my time in the travel industry, the number of itineraries through Asia are increasing all the time. Carnival itself is marketed to families here in Australia, its not the party ships of the Caribbean that we're used to seeing. I really hope its something Disney looks seriously at.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mushu mama View Post
    This is an awesome itinerary and I'd definitely be interested, and I know lots of other Aussie fans that would leap at the chance of a Disney cruise that was closer to home. Just a little aside about the Carnival cruises doing more cruises through Asia, I know from my time in the travel industry, the number of itineraries through Asia are increasing all the time. Carnival itself is marketed to families here in Australia, its not the party ships of the Caribbean that we're used to seeing. I really hope its something Disney looks seriously at.
    Disney had tried to do a Mexico Cruise leaving from Los Angeles, but I dont think the market for Mexican cruises are still there.

Perhaps that ship could be put into commission for the Asian trip, and if it takes off then maybe they'll buy another cruise ship.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Disney had tried to do a Mexico Cruise leaving from Los Angeles, but I dont think the market for Mexican cruises are still there.

Perhaps that ship could be put into commission for the Asian trip, and if it takes off then maybe they'll buy another cruise ship.
    yep, the Mexican cruise market is well catered for by many cruise lines already and its close to the home port and relatively inexpensive. I would be happy for DCL to send ANY ship to Asia and perhaps it run just between Japan and China - of course I'd prefer it go from Australia, but that would add a lot of time. I think the Australian/Asian fan base could book out a limited run all on our own. Perhaps something similar the the occasional European run that is on my bucket list as well.
    First visit: Tokyo Disneyland 1999 Second visit: Disneyland Anaheim 2008 Third visit: Disneyland Anaheim 2012 Future trips: Tokyo Disneyland/sea June 2013 Future trip: WDW/Disneycruise/Universal 2016

• Iron-Clad Allie

A Disney Cruise to China would be a blast if it wasn't for the fact that the distance would have one traveling forever.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!