Toy Story without Early Entry

Toy Story Mania is a family favorite. We were able to ride it several times on our last visit because we were staying at MiraCosta and had the added benefit of early entry. On on our next trip, we are staying at the Hilton and won't have early entry access. Any tips for being able to get FPs for Toy Story? As a family with small children, we just cannot or should I say will not stand in line for the often 2 hour (or more) wait times. We love it...but, not that much. I even wondered about wait times at the very end of the day? But, I'm also wondering if, an hour before park closing do they deny entry to the attraction because the wait is still upwards of an hour? I'm realizing we might just have to skip it for this trip -- but, would love to hear any feedback on this immensely popular ride?

Re: Toy Story without Early Entry

We actually tried to get a fastpass, but we gave up. After we clumped our way through the entrance we followed the masses to the American Waterfront only to be directed back to Med. Harbor. That's where the end of the line to get a Fastpass was. There will be a cast member holding up a sign that says something like "Fastpass line enter here". I had been on it enough since I live near CA Adventure, so I really wanted to skip the cluster and see things unique to TDS. But maybe it won't be so crazy when you're there. Good luck!

On my last visit, they denied the entry 2 hours before the park closed....

I think you should come in very early to get the fast pass and go in weekday.

Quote Originally Posted by LizCatMom View Post
    Toy Story Mania is a family favorite. We were able to ride it several times on our last visit because we were staying at MiraCosta and had the added benefit of early entry. On on our next trip, we are staying at the Hilton and won't have early entry access. Any tips for being able to get FPs for Toy Story? As a family with small children, we just cannot or should I say will not stand in line for the often 2 hour (or more) wait times. We love it...but, not that much. I even wondered about wait times at the very end of the day? But, I'm also wondering if, an hour before park closing do they deny entry to the attraction because the wait is still upwards of an hour? I'm realizing we might just have to skip it for this trip -- but, would love to hear any feedback on this immensely popular ride?

• Certified in everything

Best thing is to get there well before the parks open (I'm talking WAY early... and hour or more). You should then either be able to 1) get on it with a relatively short wait or 2) obtain a fastpass.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Resident of the Caldera

With the number of people I see running in that direction when the gates go up, you'd have to be in line at least an hour ahead, and then run like hell. I always stay at the Hilton as well, but I'm not going to pay $500 a night to stay at the Miracosta just to see Toy Story Mania without running like a lunatic. The ride is the same as here in the US.

HERE is the wonderful thing about this: it draws everyone to the left of the park like lemmings. This leaves the right side and back of the park empty for the first few hours. That's what I like about it.

The craziness will only abate when they build the next E-Ticket at DisneySEA, which should be in about three years.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    With the number of people I see running in that direction when the gates go up, you'd have to be in line at least an hour ahead, and then run like hell. I always stay at the Hilton as well, but I'm not going to pay $500 a night to stay at the Miracosta just to see Toy Story Mania without running like a lunatic. The ride is the same as here in the US.

HERE is the wonderful thing about this: it draws everyone to the left of the park like lemmings. This leaves the right side and back of the park empty for the first few hours. That's what I like about it.

The craziness will only abate when they build the next E-Ticket at DisneySEA, which should be in about three years.
    LOL to the bolded.

We had previously lived in Japan and had always stayed at the SunRoute with the thinking "We will never pay that much to stay at MiraCosta." Once we moved back to the States, we said "If we ever go back, we'll stay one time just to see what it's like." And 2 years later, we were back and it was around Christmas time so we forked out the money and loved every minute of it. But, we also said it was probably a one time thing because the cost is just crazy. Once in a lifetime kind of thing. And why we are staying at the Hilton this time.
    I'm thinking I might send the hubby out super early with all of tickets, have him wait, and do the, as he calls it, Unofficial Toy Story Dash for the FPs. But, I wonder if he would get them even doing that. I wish in a way they would set it up as a lottery for the FPs kind of like they do for tickets for Big Band Beat. It's just crazy that FPs are gone in less than an hour.