Favorite Places to Eat?

We've been enough times that we know our favorites (of the places we've tried), but I have a feeling that we are missing out since we tend to kind of stick to our routine. So I was hoping to get some ideas by asking where do you like to eat while in the parks at Disneyland and DisneySea? Believe it or not, we've yet to eat at Queen of Hearts, so I know we will be adding that on this trip. Where else should we go?

• Resident of the Caldera

Re: Favorite Places to Eat?

Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall--can't believe you haven't eaten there yet. Go on off hours: 10:30 to 11 am for lunch.

I love the Mickey Pizza at Huey, Dewey, and Louie's Good Time Cafe in ToonTown.

Blue Bayou is nice, but hard to get into and expensive. (Advice: without reservations, get on the standby line at 10:30 or 11 am and you'll get in after 20 minutes.) You can get a far better food at Ikspiari for the same price or less, but of course the ambience cannot be matched. The food is also much better than the Blue Bayou at Disneyland, which has really gone downhill in the past few years (though I have not tried the just-revamped menu).

I love gyoza, so the Nautilus Galley on the lower level of Mysterious Island is one of my favorites for lunch.

Ristorante di Canneletto at DisneySea also has good Italian food. Much better than Zampini Brothers.

I have not been to Magellan's at DisneySEA--too expensive.

You want to have a fantastic meal? Eat at Imahan in Ikspiari on the 4th floor in Chef's Row. Have Shabu-Shabu or Sukiyaki--they are famous for both. This is actually a branch of a much older restaurant in Tokyo. You will have never tasted beef of this quality.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall--can't believe you haven't eaten there yet. Go on off hours: 10:30 to 11 am for lunch.

I love the Mickey Pizza at Huey, Dewey, and Louie's Good Time Cafe in ToonTown.

Blue Bayou is nice, but hard to get into and expensive. (Advice: without reservations, get on the standby line at 10:30 or 11 am and you'll get in after 20 minutes.) You can get a far better food at Ikspiari for the same price or less, but of course the ambience cannot be matched. The food is also much better than the Blue Bayou at Disneyland, which has really gone downhill in the past few years (though I have not tried the just-revamped menu).

I love gyoza, so the Nautilus Galley on the lower level of Mysterious Island is one of my favorites for lunch.

Ristorante di Canneletto at DisneySea also has good Italian food. Much better than Zampini Brothers.

I have not been to Magellan's at DisneySEA--too expensive.

You want to have a fantastic meal? Eat at Imahan in Ikspiari on the 4th floor in Chef's Row. Have Shabu-Shabu or Sukiyaki--they are famous for both. This is actually a branch of a much older restaurant in Tokyo. You will have never tasted beef of this quality.
    I know, it's kind of crazy we haven't eaten there, yet. I think we just always kind of stumble back to that area of the park and either we've just eaten or the wait is crazy. But, I will insist we try it this time! It will actually be hubby's birthday while we are there, so I definitely want to get an Un-birthday cake. Which I believe is now the Anniversary cake. For his birthday. LOL.

Oh, but thank you for your post! This is exactly what I was wanting. And I don't think I knew there was a Mickey Pizza back in Toontown. That's a good one for all of us. I sometimes have a hard time getting my 5 year old to eat. She and her sister were actually born in Japan (military), but we left when she was 2.5 and she quickly got used to American food and when we went in December, I hate to admit I threw away a few plates that went almost untouched because she simply wouldn't eat. But, pizza? And mickey shaped pizza at that? Ding ding ding -- we have a winner!

I hope to try more place you suggested, particularly the Ristorante di Canneletto. We usually steer towards Sailing Day Buffet and Casbah Food Court at DisneySea, but I would love to experience something else.

Definitely queen of hearts - fantastc place & good food. In Disneyland I also like the pancake place in Adventureland.

In Disneysea try the restaurant in port discovery - really good food with a choice of character or regular dining. For something different there's also a nice taco place in the lost river delta.

Make sure you try a gyoza sausage bun in Mysterious Island & some of the great flavoured popcorn as well the Japanese really know how to do snack treats

i feel hungry already !!!!!

The restaurant in Port Discovery referred to above is call the Horizon Bay. Make sure you get on the correct line: one side is character dining--it usually has a line. The other side is non-character dining: no line.

We ate at Ariel's Grotto back in 2011 with the WOC package, and I was impressed! Can't say what it's like now. Also the French Market over in NOS had a delicious chicken dinner.

johnnylv: you're on the wrong continent! This discussion is about the Tokyo Disney Resort, not DCA.