• Banned User

White Day at TDR (photos)

Everyone is familiar with St. Valentine's day on Feb 14th, the day for love! In Japan, they do celebrate St. Valentine's, but they also have White Day on March 14th, the day where those who received a valentine on Feb 14th should reciprocate the gesture. So, If you give a valentine to some one on Feb 14th, that person will most probably give you a present of some kind on White day March 14th. You will probably get some chocolates or the likes if the other person is only interested in friendship and nothing more. But if there is chance for real love and romance, then you will probably recieve a nicer gift..such as jewelry or intimate dinner or such... Right Nezumi/ Mr X.?

On this day, I ventured into TDR since a free White Day pin was being handed out at TDS (I could be such a free pin/fastener whore sometimes... Ok *all* of the time) and both parks were hopping with young lovers and busy crowds everywhere.

It was also my last chance to see this year's Cinderellabration and Lights of Romance before the event ends on March 18th (today!) I tried the Lotto system for Cinderellabration Castle show and WON! This is actually my 3rd win in a row, getting a seat in the I section, a bit far back but still a decent near center seat.

Here are the pictures of what caught my eye on that day. Enjoy.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...a=31684942&f=0

• darkincite
    TDLFAN - Awesome pictures, thank you much ! Always nice to have reminders of what I'm missing after I moved away from Hawaii in 2002. Makes me want to save up the money to get away from Ohio and back to Japan!!

I'm sad I won't be able to see Cinderellabration, it looks like such an awesome show!!

• Disneyland and TDR fan!

Great pictures. What is "White Day" in japan all about? :confused:

• darkincite
    ^^ That's what I was wondering, and I was kind of confused by TDLFAN's description of White Day! So, courtesy of Wikipedia, here's a description:

"White Day is a holiday that was created by a concerted marketing effort in Japan. White Day is celebrated in Japan, Korea, and Taiwan on March 14, one month after Valentine's Day. On Valentine's Day, women give gifts to men; on White Day, men who received chocolate on Valentine's Day return the favor and give gifts to women.

The holiday began in 1965, when a marshmallow maker started marketing to men that they should pay back the women who gave them chocolate and other gifts with marshmallows. Originally it was called marshmallow day, and later it was changed to White Day.

Soon, the chocolate companies started realizing that they could capitalize as well on this day, and began marketing white chocolate. Now, Japanese men give marshmallows, white and non-white chocolate, as well as other edible and non-edible gifts to the women who were kind enough to think of them and give them chocolate on Valentine's Day a month prior."

By the way, TDLFAN, what does the White Day pin look like??

It's been posted on another message board.
    http://www.miboards.com/forums/attac...achmentid=8866

• Disneyland and TDR fan!

Quote Originally Posted by darkincite
    ^^ That's what I was wondering, and I was kind of confused by TDLFAN's description of White Day! So, courtesy of Wikipedia, here's a description:

"White Day is a holiday that was created by a concerted marketing effort in Japan. White Day is celebrated in Japan, Korea, and Taiwan on March 14, one month after Valentine's Day. On Valentine's Day, women give gifts to men; on White Day, men who received chocolate on Valentine's Day return the favor and give gifts to women.

The holiday began in 1965, when a marshmallow maker started marketing to men that they should pay back the women who gave them chocolate and other gifts with marshmallows. Originally it was called marshmallow day, and later it was changed to White Day.

Soon, the chocolate companies started realizing that they could capitalize as well on this day, and began marketing white chocolate. Now, Japanese men give marshmallows, white and non-white chocolate, as well as other edible and non-edible gifts to the women who were kind enough to think of them and give them chocolate on Valentine's Day a month prior."

Thanks darkincite!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Everyone is familiar with St. Valentine's day on Feb 14th, the day for love! In Japan, they do celebrate St. Valentine's, but they also have White Day on March 14th
    Perhaps this isn't the best place to ask questions about the culture, but isn't white the symbolic color of death in Japan, similar to black over here? I only heard this because I watched a program from Japan once wherein a character appeared to another character from beyond the grave, and was dressed entirely normal except for wearing a white flower on his jacket, which I later found out was supposed to symbolize that he was dead.

Because that would make White Day pretty morbid, I'd think, and now I want to know where I was misinformed.

Everyone usually wears black to Japanese funerals, except some Buddhist monks.

• Banned User

I happen to love this phot & caption

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...p=71280519&f=0

hehe... Ill take Cindy....

• Banned User

Go to www.pinpics.com and do a search on it. Photo will pop up. I tried a link to it but didn't work.