• Sock Puppet

Vertigo and JTTCOTE / PHH

Dear micechatters,
    I am in Tokyo right now and would like to ride Journey to the Center of the Earth in TDS and Pooh's Hunny Hunt in TDL. I have balance disorder however (born with it) which keeps me from riding rollercoasters and carousels. I can take 2 complete spins before falling over so I would like to know how many times the vehicles spin in PHH? I've also ridden Radiator Springs Racers at DCA, I believe that was the most 'extreme' I could handle. Is JTTCOTE comparable? Looking for some advice here. A big thank you in advance!

Re: Vertigo and JTTCOTE / PHH

JJTCOTE is a dark ride with a minor but real drop. It can hardly be called a rollercoaster. It is fairly tame with the exception of the one fast part mostly in the dark.

PHH, I highly doubt the vehicles spin more than two times around. I haven't counted, though.

Journey isn't too bad -- the first part is pretty tame, but there at the end it goes pretty fast, up and down and around a few turns. But, my concern for you would be more for Pooh's Hunny Hunt. How do you handle bouncing? The part of the ride that features Tigger and Tigger is doing his song, the hunny pot (what you are riding is) is moving up and down much like Tigger is bouncing. You then ride backwards into the next scene and when you are in the Heffalumps and Woozles room, there is quite a bit of going around in circles. In this case, I would suggest you watch a video and see what you think.
    Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Fantasyland at Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo Bay, Japan - YouTube
    Another thing would be Aquatopia -- I think you will need to avoid it. There are several times where the vehicle comes to a stop and quickly spins in place.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by bm1981 View Post
    Dear micechatters,
    I am in Tokyo right now and would like to ride Journey to the Center of the Earth in TDS and Pooh's Hunny Hunt in TDL. I have balance disorder however (born with it) which keeps me from riding rollercoasters and carousels. I can take 2 complete spins before falling over so I would like to know how many times the vehicles spin in PHH? I've also ridden Radiator Springs Racers at DCA, I believe that was the most 'extreme' I could handle. Is JTTCOTE comparable? Looking for some advice here. A big thank you in advance!
    Journey to the Center of the Earth is fine. There is really only one element of acceleration and it is inside, followed by the short pop outside and then you're back inside slowing down. 90% of the ride is slow dark ride. If you can do RSR you can do Journey. My wife can do both rides and she has a similar issue with balance.

I can't remember how many times Pooh spins but for what it is worth my wife can do that ride too. In fact both of these rides were her favorites in Japan...her top two things of everything we saw.

• Sock Puppet

Thanks for all your advise guys! I survived JTTCOTE twice today! What a phenomenal ride!